Discussion in 'Mock Draft Talk' started by OptimisticTexan, Oct 17, 2018.
Greedy is slightly "lite", but he only just turned 21 last December.
He'll fill out.
Same was said of KJo? Will he get fat quick enough?
Rd.1 Greg Little OT, Ole Miss
Rd.2 David Long CB, Michigan
Rd.2 Yodny Cajuste OT,West Va
Rd.3 Miles Sanders RB, Pennis St
Rd.5 Antoine Wesley WR, Tx Tech
Rd. 6 Drew Sample TE, Washington
Rd.7 Mark Feilds CB, Clemson
1. Dalton Risner-OT
2. Elgton Jenkins-C/G
2. Julian Love-CB
3. Isaiah Johnson-CB
5. Derrek Thomas-CB
6. Jalen Helks-Rush
7. Sam Hurd-WR
Fanspeak (difficult setting)
1 OT A Dillard
2 CB R Ya-sin
2 G D Risner
3 DL J Simmons
5 WR H Renfrow
6 RB T Williams
Denver signed a OT in FA; that helps. I cannot see Dillard falling past BOTH CAR and SEA. Cody Ford was on the board though I don't know if he is a LT in the NFL. I cannot see Risner falling to mid 2; even if he drops out of 1 (past NE, LAR), any number of teams who went EDGE early in 1 will scoop him up.
Rock Ya-Sin is a low number team captain from Temple. Hard working, tough as nails. I also like Joejuan Williams.
I do not want a RB in 2. Opportunity cost is too high.
Credible - and a boon if we actually score that lot.
There is a slight chance Risner falls as this is a decent draft, though I doubt it will be much past say #45.
Trading down to pick up a extra 3rd would be great. Rounds 2-4 Have so many good players in them. We will take atleast 2 Lineman and 2 CB's, but I wouldn't be disappointed if we took 2 tackles, 1 Interior OL, 3 Corners, and 1 WR or RB.
Fanspeak (difficult setting)
1 OT Andre Dillard
2 C Erik McCoy
2 CB Isaiah Johnson
3 LB Tre Lamar
5 RB Bruce Anderson
6 Edge Austin Bryant
7 OT Chuma Edoga
The assumption is that Dillard will be gone by pick 15.
Bobby Evans and Mitch Hyatt both have LT experience and one of them protected Watson in college. Yes, please!
Risner will grow into our RT or can play RG meanwhile..
McCoy can play center or guard.
Ta'amu will be QB #3 for a year.
David Long is a very underrated CB and plays with intensity.
I compare LJ Scott to Arian Foster. (Not literally) but they had underachieving careers in college and will have a better NFL career. Same size and both can stop on a dime and make people miss in small quarters.
Wanted to try another draft as more of the sites update their information. Here's my draft:
CheeseheadsTV- Ross Uglem
1. R1 P23: Dalton Risner, RT, Kansas State
2. R2 P22: Erik McCoy, C, Texas A&M
3. R2 P23: David Long, CB, Michigan
4. R3 P22: Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston
5. R5 P23: Ryquell Armstead, RB, Temple
6. R6 P22: Trysten Hill, DT, UCF
7. R7 P06: Travis Fulgham, WR, ODU
This has the makings of a very nice draft.
It's definitely realistic, though I don't think Risner is a round 1 guy, but he might not be there for us in round 2. With that said, he's limited to OG or RT. He's a solid player, but this doesn't protect Watson's blind side. Love the McCoy pick, but again, LT is a gaping hole still. I like Long, but I'm not too high on Johnson, but I could live with it simply due to position.
Ok, for this First Pick Simulator Draft I played with the idea that the Lions did trade their RD1-08 to the Texans for Clowney. I didn't trade back nor did I trade back from 23.
RD1-08 (DET): Ed Oliver (DT) Houston
RD1-23: Dalton Risner (RT, RG, OC) Kansas State
RD2-22: Trayvon Mullen (CB) Clemson
RD2-23: JoeJuan Williams (CB) Vanderbilt
RD3-22: Isaiah Johnson (CB) Houston
RD5-23: Mitch Hyatt (LT) Clemson
RD6-22: Antoine Wesley (WR) Texas Tech
RD7-04: Bruce Anderson (RB) North Dakota State
1. It would be awesome if OB and RC made the move to a fixed 4-3 scheme. DL would have: DE- Clowney, DT- Oliver, DT- Reader, DE- Watt. Clowney's best season to date came when he replaced Watt...why not make him a FT DE? Having Oliver lining up next to Clowney could be dominating.
2. I've always been behind the idea of getting both Mullen and Johnson to become the future CB tandem of the Texans. Big, physical and fast CB's could be pay huge dividends in 2020 since veterans may carry the load in 2019 allowing both the opportunity to develop into solid, possibly shutdown, type of corners.
3. After reading several really good post(s) on JoeJuan I couldn't help but agree that his NFL future lies at becoming a SS. His size and CB skills could be perfect for keeping TE's production at a minimum against the Texans defense.
4. I've liked Mitch Hyatt from the start of his Clemson run. I still laugh at his free-fall in this draft. Hyatt has only been a 4 year starter at LT for both Watson and Lawrence while enjoying two CFB Championships. He's accomplished this while playing playing top talent each and every year. I actually like his chances OT a successful transition to the NFL....especially if he had a development year behind a veteran like Khalil.
5. Wesley would be a solid addition to the receiving group....could be a cut and paste version of Hopkins. Crazy good hands and catch radius.
6. If the Texans drafted Anderson in RD7....it probably means Gaine has put together an amazing draft. I like Anderson as a complete back like James only available far later.
Defense would be set for the foreseeable future. Offense would still be a work in progress but the additions from this draft could be solid.
Well thought out.
How could this be if you traded Clowney for #8 to select Oliver?
Thanks for the catch! I totally missed it.
Because OT is the GM we deserve. Just don’t understand why he didn’t trade Clowney once more to the Bills, so the Texans could take Dillard at #9.
I love reading fantasy, but you take the fantastical to a whole new level
Only if also traded to the Lions at #8, then we could have 8,9 and 23. What a haul that would be!
As usual you have successfully taken being an arsehole to whole other level. Anyhow, when you get tired of dodging the turds in your cherrios you'll once again realize......this is just a message board, not a place where you can watch your sack swell to point that you can't cover.
FK you too. Being a MB doesn't distance it from reality. Pehaps you should create a new forum and call it the NCZ... no chance it ever happens zone and I will stay clear of it. Put me on ignore ignoramus
Separate names with a comma.