OT 2019 Simulator Draft......

Discussion in 'Mock Draft Talk' started by OptimisticTexan, Oct 17, 2018.

1. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

If only real life would mimic fantasy

ObsiWan and OptimisticTexan like this.
  2. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

yeah but in the simulator world reality isn't necessary

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  3. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I don't code any longer (slow brain and weak eyes), but I'm pretty sure I could include a check against a draft value table. There was a simulator a few years ago that did check the value table. I don't remember the name and I don't think it's still around. You could propose trades as well as receive them.

4. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Yeah I remember seeing that once I believe. fun to play with

5. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Hall of Fame

I realize their simulator isn't based in reality. I could see the SF yielding their RD2 and RD3 for the Texans RD1-23. I could see the deal with Arizona yielding pretty much what you stated, a RD7-1 instead of a RD6-1. Either way, I could still make this haul in extra picks work tremendously well.

This is going to be a crazy draft b/c of the defensive depth, WR's and the fringe depth on the OL. I don't agree with where they have certain players available but I wouldn't be totally surprised if these players fell into these slots.....the guys picked in front of them did not represent reaches....solid picks.

JB likes this.
  6. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

With no trades

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 23: Sweat, Montez, DE, Mississippi State (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 22: Dillard, Andre, OT/OT, Washington State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 23: Edwards, David, OT, Wisconsin (A)
    Round 3 Pick 22: McCoy, Erik, OG/C, Texas AM (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 23: Humphrey, Lil'Jordan, WR, Texas (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 22: Smith , Saivion, CB, Alabama (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 23: Johnson, Isaiah, CB, Houston (A+)

CB didn't come until late as I was going best valuable only...
    wouldn't mind this draft at all

beerlover, Lucky and OptimisticTexan like this.
  7. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I would make both deals even with the adjustments. To get 4 picks between from #36 to #67 would provide not only help in 2019, but core players as the team enters the next phase of the Watson era.

Still, SF only has 6 picks.. I see them more likely to move down for extra picks than trade up. New England, however, may receive as many as 4 comp picks, and has an additional #3 from a 2018 draft trade. If Gronk does retire, Belichick may want to move up and take one of the Iowa TEs as a replacement. Still, I don't think the Texans move off #23 if there is a OT or CB they like on the board.

OptimisticTexan and JB like this.
  8. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

Time for some fun.
    This is about as realistic as I could make it until I see all the draft grades which will be better accessible via NFL.com.
    R1. Byron Murphy CB. Washington.
    R2. David Edwards OT. Wisc.
    R2b. Julian Love CB. Notre Dame.
    R3. Joe Lowery OT. Ohio.
    R5. Parris Campbell WR. Ohio.
    R6. Darrell Henderson RB. Memphis.

R1. Murphy. CB will be a huge need for Texans with JJoe aging and KJoe's future here uncertain. Murphy is a goodun.
    R2. Edwards is on Texans radar and no-one needs an explanation as to our Oline needs.
    R2. Julian Love. Texans wisely dip into the secondary again. With two vets and also KJohnson uncertain Texans gonna need a lot of secondary help.
    R3. Joe Lowery will be a fast riser in this draft and with two solid rookies to develop and compete for starter spots Texans oline problems can only improve with this solid addition.
    R5. Parris Campbell is a speedster and with WFV being somewhat under an injury cloud and no depth in the WR corp, he is a wise investment.
    R6. With Foreman having a bad injury for a runner, Henderson will provide some insurance. This kid is very good and will certainly climb in the standings - may go in the 4th or higher.

If we can land these guys, I will be very excited about Texans next season.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  9. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

The Texans swapped 7th round picks with the Broncos in the Thomas trade, so the Texans will be drafting with the 8th pick in the 7th round.

OptimisticTexan and JB like this.
  10. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

11. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Just travelin' the road the simulator gives

12. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Wouldn't mind either :ahhaha:

13. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Just for eveyone's information. The official 7 round draft order comes out after the comp picks are released.

JB and OptimisticTexan like this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

JB likes this.
  15. OptimisticTexan

From Fanspeak- On The Clock. No trades unless you're paying for the upgrade,

I based this draft on the idea that the Texans would sign RB, LeVeon Bell, OT, Donovan Smith (Patriots aren't going to let Brown walk), and a veteran CB.

023: R1P23 OT Greg Little Mississippi
    053: R2P21 CB Trayvon Mullen Clemson
    055: R2P23 OT Dalton Risner Kansas State
    086: R3P22 TE Josh Oliver San Jose State
    162: R5P23 CB Blace Brown Troy
    197: R6P22 DE Corbin Kaufusi BYU
    222: R7P06 WR Denzel Mims Baylor

Blace Brown would be a question mark late in RD5 b/c I don't think he'd be there. Same as I didn't expect the Bills to pass over higher ranked CB's to pick Isaiah Johnson, Houston in RD3. Had him pegged to be on the board in RD3. Getting TE, Josh Oliver isn't a horrible pick and would certainly be an upgrade over Griffin since he possesses all the tools of a TE.

16. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Thomas and Akins are an upgrade on Griffin. Need a RB.

17. OptimisticTexan

Yeah, I could've picked Josh Jacobs or David Montgomery in RD2 or RD3. I based this draft on the idea that the Texans splurged in FA and signed LeVeon Bell. Bell and Foreman would be the primary horses next season.

I like the Jordan's but neither guy was regarded for their blocking. I think Thomas can be coached up to be a much better blocker this season. Oliver brings a complete skill set to the position and should only need time to adjust his game to the NFL. If OB and the Texans finally get the OL straightened out, a third TE could be highly beneficial. I'd love to see what they could cook up with Aikens as an H or in the slot when OB deploys 3 TE's. Adding Oliver to this group could give the Texans a TE group that would eventually rival the Patriots trio of Gronk, Hernandez and I can't remember the 3rd TE.

18. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

I think Patriots might very well let Brown walk. They don't have much cap room and Flowers will get most of that , a shitload of UFA's, a !st round pick at LT that should be good to go

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Just what I've been thinking …. they have two good TE's. Don't know why I picked one in the mock above other than he was the best available player in that spot - Really could have gone another direction there. Perhaps another DB , LBer or interior DL.

20. OptimisticTexan

I'd like to see Griffin move on. Texans are going to carry 3 TE's. Last season, the Texans had 3 TE's and none of them were very blocker's. OB was going to stick with Griffin come hell or high water....why? I have no earthly idea. Jordan Thomas has the size to be a more complete TE but he sure wasn't going to get there based on the way he was utilized. Jordan Aiken is more like a receiver/TE hybrid and if he could just get good at chipping....that would be enough. Both of these guys have upside but both have to work on their blocking and they didn't get enough opportunities to do that last season.

Josh Oliver is a TE who possesses the ability to be a complete TE "now". He could be a Day 1 starter to pair with Thomas and Aikens. With the addition of Oliver and the subtraction of Griffin, this group should be as formidable as the WR's. The biggest question....does OB have the ability to deploy these weapons?