Orlovsky: Make own breaks in life

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.newstimes.com/sports/article/Orlovsky-Make-own-breaks-in-life-324113.php

2. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Most expensive 3rd string QB in the league?

3. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

jamarcus russell :thisbig:

Hervoyel and No More 8-8's like this.
  4. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Every time I even see Orlovsly's contract numbers I get a headache.

He has to be one of the most overpaid players in the NFL.

5. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

if Matty Fire plays every year like last year Man We wont need 2 backups prob just 1

6. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Maybe but our 2nd string QB was inexpensive. So it balances out. I think a lot of teams have more money invested in the QB position than we do.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Orlovsky is no world beater but I think he can at some point be a solid NFL QB - he has the physical tools , just needs to work on the finer points of being an NFL QB - He has one of the best QB guru's in the game for a HC.

Lets hope that we never have a need to find out IF he has turned that corner ..

Sure , he's a bit overpaid ....

8. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Guess we'll likely get a better idea of what we have in Dan O this coming off-season after a year's work with Kubiak. I might criticize Kubiak as a HC,but he works well with QBs.

As someone pointed out he's got the physical tools and seems to have the attitude to improve. Overpaid? I dunno his deal was 9.1 million for 3 years with a 2.4 bonus. I think a person has to take into consideration that when we signed him we had just traded off our previous backup, and our starting QB hadn't gone a full 16 games until this year. Around there NFL there is a premium on consistent QB play, The FO paid for a guy whom they thought might have a shot at playing competently behind Schaub.

Going to be an interesting off-season at QB considering Grossman is a former starter as well, who only signed a one year deal.

9. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Oh, definitely. I get WHY he was paid so much. He was an insurance policy because we were in limbo at the qb spot. It's just a hard pill to swallow.

10. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I don't care if Orlovsky makes $3 million or the minimum. I just don't want him paid by the Texans. Or see the field in any meaningful game.

I think the Texans need to look for a backup QB. My suggestion would be to offer the Vikes a 7th round pick for their overpaid 3rd string QB. I believe his last name is Rosen-something.

11. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Consider this. When we traded Sage he signed a 2 year extension for 9 million for the Vikes.

7th rounder Lucky? Guess we'll see how the QB position looks for the Vikes after the playoffs and if Favre will go through with the two year contract. Maybe we'll see another retirement followed by another unretirement with another team. Would that be another Favre record? Most unretires in a career?

Nothing would make me more happy right now than to see Favre end the season on another pick 6.