Orlando Pace Out for the Season

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Runner, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

This is the second year in a row he is out with a different season ending injury. TheTexans may have dodged a bullet a couple of years ago. I'm interested to see how they replace him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7208092

2. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Not positive on this but ESPN said something about Pace's injury being potentially career-ending.

3. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige Veteran

An absolute mauler. Shame he's having trouble staying healthy. Rams O won't be the same.

4. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

I've had some rotator cuff and labrum issues and... it hurts and you literally cannot move your arm past a certain point. I spent about a year not being able to touch the top of my head with my right hand and another year before I could do it without pain. It took a lot of rehab.

5. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

My guess is that they will play musical chairs with their Oline. They will switch Alex Barron their RT over the LT, and then rearrange the rest to reflect this. I remember the Texans considered both Jamal Brown(Saints) and Barron the year they took TJ. I think Barron had been drafted to be Pace's successor and he looks like his time at LT has come.

6. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I think Pace is pretty much done after this. It is a shame though. However, we did dodge a bullet, though there is no telling if this injury streak would have occured here as well.

7. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Out of curiousity - how similar is Orlando's injury (requiring surgery to rotator cuff and labrum IIRC) as opposed to Tony Boselli's career-ender? Or was Boselli's undoing multiple injuries / surgeries to the same shoulder?

Someone he'p me out here, please.

Oh, and HUMBERTO GO AWAY!:wild: