Opinions on Carr's performance...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by jacquescas, Sep 26, 2004.

1. jacquescas

jacquescas Hall of Fame

Carr after his 0-6 1 INT start finished the game 13 for 19 for all 233yards and 1 TD for a rating of over 127

overall was 19-25 233 yards 1 td 1 int for a 80 QB rating

2. Trogdor014

Trogdor014 Veteran

I think he really played 2 different games out there today...

First quarter he looked pretty pathetic... Especially with the 0-6 1 INT start (Could have thrown more INTs than that at the beginning).

Second quarter - he started getting into a flow and he made a few good throws... The one long one to Johnson and one to Miller.

Third Quarter, Early Fourth - Had NO PROTECTION at all when he would drop back. Went into another 0-5 funk

Late Fourth - Looked excellent (With the help of AJ's awesome catch)... He had one overthrow to AJ, but then came back with an awesome throw to Armstrong. Still didn't have much protection, but made some things happen. Huge passes to Gaffney for the TD and to Armstrong to set up the GW FG.

Overall, I think Carr played well minus the first quarter. He got hit almost every time he dropped back. He still looks a little confused and mechanical at times, but he has the intangibles to be a great QB. (I guess it's hard to not be confused when you have no time to throw, but some of those sacks are on David. Our OLine did play horrendous this game though. I mean TERRIBLE)

He did what he needed to do this game and we won... He made 1 bad mistake, but didn't let it rattle him. He showed good poise late in a close game. That's what makes great QB's.

3. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

That's already 5 4th quarter comebacks.

4. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

Carr's mistakes in this game were because of the oline offering no protection. The INT was the only mistake he made that wasn't line related.

5. Trogdor014

Trogdor014 Veteran

I think you mean he was 13-25... Not 19-25. Just thought I'd let ya know.

6. TheTim5125

TheTim5125 Veteran

Carr is something else... He's definatley got what it takes. This also proves he is our general and i'm really impressed with his second half performance.

7. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Carr hung in there and didn't give up. He had another brutal, ugly first half, but he sucked it up and kept us in the game.

8. BWPaint

BWPaint Rookie

David makes poor decisions, but better decisions will come with time. His main problem is Line.....Both the O-Line and D-Line get pushed around every game.

It starts in the trenches. The next draft must address this issue on both sides of the ball. Without Line help....we will be grasping .500 for another 5 years.

9. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Carr led his team to victory in the 4th quarter and that's what matters the most to me. His o-line did nothing for him and made the Chiefs d-line look like they were the Panther's d-line or something..props to Derick Armstrong in making that awesome play..a total team victory but David Carr was the man today.

10. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

I know I'm going to get kicked in the teeth by all the Carr critics, but I just don't see how you can grade his performance until he gets al least as much time to throw the ball as the opposing QB. I have yet to see a game where that has occurred.

As I've pointed out in another thread, I'm waiting to see what Carr can do when the announcer says the words, "Look at the time!" when the offense is on the field instead of the defense all the time.

11. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

Other than the pick, Carr had a great game, but what about the play AJ made on that deep pass, wow that was amazing.

12. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I don't know. He's so up and down right now.

He plays great one series and then tanks the next. He seems to be getting alot more pressure this year which I don't understand. I thought the O line was a real strength going into the season. The interception was just brutal.

It should be interesting to see how the year plays out as far as Carr goes.

13. Keldar

Keldar Veteran

You are absolutely correct, we need some serious help in those areas.

14. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Carr is getting pressured on almost every pass play. Thank God we've got Andrea Johnson.

15. Jwwillis

Jwwillis All Pro

Both lines for the Texans looked bad today. But the play makers made it happen. I think the forgotten man in all this is J.J. I didnt realize the Texans were the only team in the NFL without a turnover on Special Teams last year. This is a tribute to J.J.. We consistantly got the ball at the 30 or better when he touched the ball, and you dont have to hold your breath eveytime he catches it. Man, Im anxious to see the injured list this week. It is sure to be long.

16. pittbull

pittbull All Pro

For all the Carr doubters, eat his 4 quarter comeback! LET THIS GUY DO WHAT HE DOES BEST!!!! Carr is a gunslinger, not a ball control QB! When the coaches realize that he is going to win more for you, than lose, the Texans O-Fense will take off!

17. 281

281 Hall of Fame

Andrea? :thumbdown

18. swisher

swisher Old School

It's hard to tell sometimes what he sees downfield. On the interception for instance Gaffney made a break and slipped as soon as Carr let go of the pass. Not saying it would have been caught, but at least maybe Gaffney is able to get to the ball.

19. bill1521

bill1521 Rookie

While Mr. Carr is certainly a great young QB, the way he way babied by the referee was total bs. The Texans were handed the game with bogus personal fouls for roughing (tackling) Carr. I have not seen a referee go so far out of his way to protect a QB since Jerry Markbriet held John Elway's hand in helping him to the playoffs. Too bad such a good game was marred by such over officious official.

20. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Same could've been said of Trent Green interception by Marcus Coleman.