One good thing about losing tonight

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by keyser, Dec 10, 2012.

1. keyser

keyser Hall of Fame

OK, there's really nothing good about that performance.

But, it does eliminate one actual worry I had, which was that we'd lock up home-field early, and then have several weeks where we're playing for nothing. I think that kind of wait can lead to players getting rusty and undisciplined. Odd as it sounds, if we had 2 games that had no effect followed by a bye week, I don't think we'd be very sharp in the playoffs.

Instead, we are going to be playing 3 games that matter, almost no matter how we do on these games. Even if we win next week, we have Denver and NE to worry about to get a bye, and we have to play to win in the following week. If NE continues their roll (and I don't see why not), winning out is the only way we are likely to get HF advantage. I honestly think we'll do best in the playoffs if we've played all the games hard, and then get one bye week.

All of that seems kind of ridiculous to think about after tonight's performance, but we still control our destiny. Our team is capable of winning out (though not if they play like tonight), and if we do, we have HF advantage in the playoffs. I'd love to have a chance at revenge against the Patriots in Houston.

2. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

What does not kill you makes you stronger.

3. BullBlitz

BullBlitz Section 331

I'm glad to see both teams play for something meaningful next week.

4. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

The only positive I see about this is that maybe it makes the Texans angry enough to go out and rip the Colts and Vikings a pair of new ones and we sew up HFA.

Then if we cross paths with these guys again the Texans will face them at home and if being beaten 42-7 doesn't motivate them enough to man-up in the rematch then nothing will.

5. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Yep like the pats blew out the giants a few years ago

6. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

Not like we beat the pats twice. Just reaching......

7. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

Another good thing is it sets things back to normal in the football world. Brady & Manning are back on top. Packers & Giants in control. The only thing that could make the media happier is if Roethlisberger wins the AFC North & Dallas sneaks into the playoffs. I think the media was scared the Texans might actually be the best team. Now the only way that can happen is the Texans winning the Superbowl.

8. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

I hate losing in an ass kicking, but NE played well, had luck on their side, and every ticky tack call, and BS call went their way.

I think our boys getc mad, win out and use the ass kicking at home against NE.

Jump off the wagon if you want, we''re 11 and 2, best record in the AFC last time checked.

9. ajohnson80

ajohnson80 Veteran

I like flying under the radar. Everyone will dismiss us now and we can start playin better ball going into playoffs.

10. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

One good thing about this game is that I no longer have my hopes up.

I have now accepted that this team is not a SB caliber team so anything positive they do from now on is a bonus.

11. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

I'm angry enough right now to beat the Colts and Vikings myself. Click the link to hear the kind of speech the team needs to hear before the next 3 games start. Not for young ears. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw7KijRfU-c

12. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I'm just not sure if the Texans match up well with the Pats regardless of where we play. I don't think a rematch would be such a blowout, but it feels to me like the Pats exploited some major flaws on our team.

13. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

If the Texans need to lose this game to get psyched up again, then that pisses me off.

I know you can't win every week, but I just can't stand this whole "oh, at least they'll be hyped up next week" thing.

14. GP

GP Go Texans!

You should write Hallmark cards. :kitten:

15. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

Not with our injuries and especially not in NE with the early calls going their way.

I feel better about this game at home.

We need to take care of business and finish up with a 3 game winning streak.

Talk radio is going to be brutal tomorrow. Think I'll just listen to a CD book instead.

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think this is like when LBs see Arian for the first time, or Jj Watt for the first time. They heard all the stories, but until you see them you don't believe how fast or how strong they are.

I don't think our team believed they could score that quick on us. Not quite 21 pts in the first qtr, but purtdamnquick.

Then the penalties & the questionable drive-extending calls... I think we lost our composure & didn't regain it until it was too late.

17. G27RR

G27RR WATTch Out!

I've got to agree with you on that.

18. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Except we got killed. What's the effing morale saving BS saying for that? What kills you can't kill you again, cuz you're already effing dead??? um..woo

19. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

This is a good learning experience for us. We have been able to get away with not showing up for a few quarters but still win the game. It's a good reminder of how being unfocused really kills you against a good team.

20. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

Except we are not dead. In fact, the Pats still look up at us in the standings.

We need to learn from our mistakes and move on, we have a very important stretch of games coming up.