Once and for all: Carr

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by johnny_tlmn, Jul 3, 2006.

?

Is Carr worthy or not?

Poll closed Aug 2, 2006.
  1. Yes

80.3%
  2. No

10.6%
  3. Duh, I don't know.

9.1%
  1. johnny_tlmn

johnny_tlmn Guest

By Kaiser Toro: This thread needs to serve as a lesson for those that are Carr supporters and Carr debate haters. The people who seem to want to make this a Carr thread in my opinion are not the Carr critics.

I recommend you stop perpetuating want you do not not want to read.

Here you go people, the once and for all poll on David Carr. Either you like him or don't and if you do or don't explain why. I like him he's our QB and thats final.:twocents:

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

The 666th thread on Carr in the last 666 days. :brickwall

Just an estimation of course.

3. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

I feel sorry for the guy and I send my greatest sympathies to him, but no, I do not think he is the QB of the future for the Texans. I think you guys will draft Bady Quinn or Brian Brohm next year and they will be the QB of the future.

4. Titan "Tack" Fan

The only thing I like about Bud is that he brought the Titans here. Other than that, he's a moron and knows nothing about football.

5. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

uh, yeah, I really see Carr going to TN after they just drafted Vince Young this year.

come to think of it, your probably right. Carr will be a very good backup QB on some team for a decade or so. Or there will be the team that see's his 'potential' yet again and give's him a start or two before seeing his 'reality' and benching him.

6. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I'll bet the farm this won't be the "end all Carr threads" about Carr.

7. Titan "Tack" Fan

Carr = Joey Harrington = Mediocrity = good backups

8. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Come on dude, that's a little harsh isn't it? Harrington has had a much better chance to succeed than DC has had. Even with the moron Matt Millen they've been able to put decent players on the field.:brickwall

9. Titan "Tack" Fan

So a team that has sold out EVERY home game since coming to Nashville is now moving to LA? Wow, maybe we should start making people sit in each others laps so we can sell more tickets cause man it seems like we aren't making enough money.

10. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I can't wait to see your very own Vince the Immortal Slayer of Night Young in action this year.

It's been awhile since we've started a Vince Young thread. I think I'll start one now. Better yet I'll go troll the Titans board and start one there.

11. Titan "Tack" Fan

I'd much rather take my chances with Vince Young than Carr. Don't get mad that your organization passed on two of the best college football players in history. And yes, Vince did have a better college career than Carr. Just look at your own forum poll under "who had the better college career"

12. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Two of which are unproven in the NFL. Kinda like Carr is still unproven.:brickwall

13. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

That's fine if you'd rather take your chances on Young. I'd rather you take your chances on Young too. Questions of his sub-retarded Wonderlic and borderline arrogance aside, honestly, I think he'll be a good and possibly great quarterback at some point. And I appreciate that you note "two of the best college players" ... that at least is an honest assessment, especially in contrast to the VINCE CAN SCORE AT WILL AGAINST ANYBODY!!1 leg humping that characterized this MB for weeks like leprosy.

VY will probably be great, and I think David Carr will be a great quarterback too. As far as Reggie Moneybags Bush, I couldn't be happier that we passed on him. especially that we did it in favor of Mario Williams. Kubiak's system has very efficiently proven you don't need an all-world running back and his 50M salary to be highly successful on offense. As for VY -- no offense -- but I hope he fails spectacularly. That he probably will not fail should make for an excellent rivalry in the years to come. Enjoy the Titans until Bud moves them ... and FWIW, I hope you score an expansion team to replace them.

14. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Come rain or shine, as surely as the sun rises. David Carr could land in the Pro Bowl every year from here on out and there are still people on this board who will bemoan us passing VY. Many more that suddenly are "fans."

Interesting the life these things take on. Almost an experiment in psychology to observe them.

15. trane

trane Rookie

Here you go people, the once and for all poll on David Carr. Either you like him or don't and if you do or don't explain why. I like him he's our QB and thats final.:twocents:[/QUOTE]

I like Carr and I think he can get the job done. I also think he has been unfairly criticized. However, It is rare for a QB to play in this league and not get some criticism at some point in time. Either you are viewed as not being talented, stats are not up to par, always injured, or you can't win the big game. The only QB's I can think of that have received hardly any criticism was Joe Montana and Troy Aikman. Carr just needs to put his past behind him and go out and peform.

16. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

That's some funny stuff right there:highfive:

17. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

This is my last time posting this because it becominng a little rediculouse.

Things that make Carrr worth the #1 pick.

1. He has a cannon for an arm that gives him the ability to make all the throws
    2. Maybe not VY but Carr is still very mobile, he was still in the top 5 for rushing QBs
    3. He throws a very good deep ball, its just up to our receivers to go and catch it ( corey bradford)
    4. He has very good, but not great intermediate accuracy
    5. He doesnt force INTs, he rather dump it off to the RB for 6 yards

Also alot of Carr's INTs come while throwing while runing from defenders or while being hit. Carr has a very good work ethic and never gives up. He has a very good attitude and is passionate about the game. Well just wait until the season starts and see what Carr does when he actually has a couple of pro-bowl WRs, a very good RB, a decent TE, and for the first time,hopefully some protection.

18. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

I like him. I think he's tough. I think he's got all the physical and mental tools to be a very good (and possibly great) quarterback. I think that he just needs the right training and tutelage and the right team to realize that potential and I hope that this regime and team are exactly what he needs.

My fear is that he's been beaten around so much that he's been irreparably damaged.

19. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Veteran

I'm blaming all of Davids Carr's problems on the coaching staff.Even knowing the line had problems they continued to run the same type system.I think Carr has enough talent to drive the bus and should have never been started out like he was.

We need to go back to the basics and build his confidence running a system with a balanced attack.I just think to much has been put on the QB and I think we should scale him down and use the running game more..

I myself am learning a lot about this team but it seams like to much was expected of the QB.I could be wrong listening to the experts but we have this year to find out if were going to be able to win with this guy.

Where i'm getting at, is take pressure off the line with fast developing plays and give more responsibility to the nuclius of the offense.We have to mix things up and spread it out more it seams like we weren't getting enough weapons involved and didn't have a viable outlet.This team the offense has to be more aware of whats going on with the QB and give him outlets when he gets in trouble.

20. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

Voted for Carr, and will from here on out, till he retires a TEXAN. That is the kind of confidence we should have in our team.