On the plus side, Travis Johnson had a good game.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by phan1, Oct 2, 2005.

1. phan1

phan1 All Pro

Well, I thought we did a really good job handling Rudy Johnson today. A lot of that seemed to be because of Travis Johnson really being able to handle the right side of the Offensive line. Good to see that our 1st round pick is being put to use. I don't really like using our 1st pick for depth reasons rather than a guy who can come in and start for us right away. But it's good to see us get some production out of him.

And on a side note, I really think Mathis is still hurt. He didn't show much of his speed on special teams at all, and I don't think he even played on our offence at all.

2. Scooter

Scooter Funky

i thought johnson looked pretty bad. payne & smith each tied up 2 blockers and got somewhat of a push, but johnson was held at bay easily by the right tackle. payne was taken out usually during the nickel defense and the 4-man rush from it was laughable.

3. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

I noticed quite a bit of speed on special teams. Maybe not his full potential but I saw quite a bit. As for his receiveing role, his point on the field was mainly for a distraction. Also as for TJ I think he did decent for his first start all though he needs alot of work.

4. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

goodness, how fast do you expect this guy to run on kickoffs.

and yes he did see time at WR, just no time to get a catch or get a ball thrown his way

5. phan1

phan1 All Pro

I expect him to get past the 20. :penguin:

6. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

(1) whole tackle. Career day for TJ.

7. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

the thing everyone is over looking here is that rookie defensive tackles rarely make an impact their first year...it normally takes the DT's 3 seasons to do anything of close to an impact

8. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

Mathis showed some speed on the first couple returns. He should improve as his hamstring gets better and he gets more experience.

TJ, who knows. I know a lot of DL drafted lately have disappointed the first year/rode the bench and then made a big impact after a year or so.

9. touttail

touttail All Pro

The first kickoff he got he ran hard "STRAIGHT" up the field for some good yardage.
    Afterward, when he got the ball he danced around too much instead of running up the field.

bobby 119C :texflag:

10. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

How many times do us Texan fans have to explain that in a 3-4 the dline ties up blockers.