On a scale of 1-10 YOU ARE

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Goldeagle, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

1 being eh, 10 being OH YEAH IM A DRAFT NUT

Where do you rank on how much you like preparing and doing research for the draft?

Last year I got kinda into looking at the different players even writing down each position and who I liked.

This year, I found myself DVR'ing freaking bowl games to look at people lol.

Im gonna give me an 8 where are you?

2. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

3. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

A 3. I happily admit I don't follow the college game that much. I ate crow last year in predicting USC would drill UT and have since resolved to either pay closer attention to the game (no time) or withhold judgment (much easier.) As the draft nears I start to read up on draft reports, watch the tape I can get my hands on, and talk to the handful of pro scouts I know, but at the end of the day I leave the real "scouting" to my friends.

4. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Rookie

3. I know who the big names are and where our priorities lie, but I don't do mock drafts or anything.

5. htownfoozball

htownfoozball Veteran

2. i'm not analyzing the whole team needs thing or all the peripherals of the draft. i just like young talent coming in and reading scouting reports and trying to make sense of it all. basically any draft except for nhl gets me pumped up. MLB gets me the most excited cuz mlb.com has great draft coverage even though its not televised. scouting videos and reports on their website.

6. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

7. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

8. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

If that's only an 8 I am a 2, lol.

9. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

A 'Zip'. I'll let you fine folk do the hard work. :)

10. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

Im about a 6. Im extremely well versed in my particular areas of expertise, the ACC, more specifically florida state. Im very weak about midwest prospects, and slightly less versed about the west coast, but I watch a lot of games down south. I read the scouting reports, and watch the clips, but at the end its just gut instinct.

11. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

If you rank yourself a 6 or above, you have serious 'quality of life' issues.

12. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I give me a 9. I no longer watch college football for the entertainment, but to scout guys. I watch every game I can, I watch the combine, the senior bowl, the senior bowl practices, and if I had TiVo, it would mostly consist of college football. I don't do mock drafts because they are rarely slightly right. I found maybe one or two mock drafts that had more than 3 correct first round picks last year. I just organize the guys in terms of who would help the team more.

13. mexican_texan

or unemployed.

14. DenverBorn

DenverBorn Veteran

I am probably a 5, based on the standard set in the orignal post. I follow it reasonably closely but don't review tape to develop my own opinions. Also don't want to admit that I have any "quality of life" issues

15. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I'm not going to lie, I pretty much don't give a darn about NFL football except the Texans and young guys I watched develop since college. I TiVo games for prospects, create scouting reports, and do mocks. This is my favorite part of football and what I actually hope to do as a career when I approach that plateau (Director of Player Scouting).

I give myself an honest 10.

16. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

O, I have a job and I am going to college next year. I will probally attempt to walk onto a program as well. I have plenty a social life as well, I just happen to be a draft nut.

17. mexican_texan

I give you an 11 for being more accurate than NFL scouts.

18. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

I'm maybe a 1 or a 2. I read the popular media stuff and watch most of the draft shows on TV (like the combine and stuff like that). I work from home in front of my computer all day (programmer) and I basically work with my TV on in the background.

I actually first came to this site during last year's draft to see what other Texan fans were feeling about us taking Mario #1... and then I got sucked into the draft thread and I've been here ever since, although I've primarily stayed in the Bullpen. I'm really looking forward to being a little better informed going into this draft because of the info in this MB.

19. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I am a 4.5. I will do mocks, and I will read about players, and figure out team needs, but I am not into it as much as some of yall!

20. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

I'm a 3 or 4, but I give the guys in here a score of 9 or 10. Some of you guys have amazing insight and I'm thankful to read your posts. Not "behind kissing", it's a fact.

My downfall is I fall head over heels with guys I watch in games (usually Aggies) and I want them in the pros. BTW....can we draft Jovorskie Lane in 2 years? :shades: