On a positive note!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by dalemurphy, Dec 27, 2005.

1. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

This will be an action-filled, entertaining off-season for the Texans. New GM, new head coach and an entire new staff. Plus, very high draft pick along with an extra 3rd round pick (New Orleans). Also, lots of decisions on veterans from Carr to Mckinney, Weigert, Payne, etc... along with Gaffney, Wells, Hollings and Wand, etc....

YellerLotYeller likes this.
  2. Big B Texan Fan

Big B Texan Fan Hall of Fame

I'm with ya. It's kinda like the off-season in a Madden game. I usually (when the new ones come out) simulate the 1st season all the way to the end. Then the real fun begins. New coach, trading draft pix for more draft pix, the FA period, etc.........I can't wait.

This would be a perfect time for the NFL network to strat a new reality tv show. It can be where you win a job as the Texans GM. I'd sign up.

3. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

Who said? Did McNair make an announcement that I missed? The only folks who said that, from what I understand, is just a lot of members from the peanut gallery.

4. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

And after awhile, you may be yearning for the Capers years when you were actually excited about the team.

5. Texan in Japan

Texan in Japan All Pro

My sentiment exactly...it should be a very interesting and exciting off-season. I'd like to see Ragone, Morency, Mathis (@ WR) and others get some PT. It would be nice to see if those guys have the potential to move up come next year`and the 49ers would be a great game to test them out.

6. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

hehe, funny idea actually, I pity the teams that would end up with one of those GM's/coaches though :)

7. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

Wouldn't that be degrading to a "real" NFL coach if the winner of the contest actually got more wins the next year? :ok:

8. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Slightly I guess. To follow up on the reality show idea, let's draft the entire next expansion team solely through football reality shows? :)

9. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

And put that team in LA .......

10. Ok I was bored. I actually simmed the whole season in madden exactly like we ended up (we lose to the 49rs:brickwall ) with the wins and loses to the same teams. We ended up with the first pick. I could not turn around this team in two seasons and had to forfeit the team. :ok: without getting unrealistic I tried to bring in Free agents, fired coaches (even brought in Kubiak) but to no avail.

11. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

If Capers is back, I'm gone. That will tell me this owner has a tin ear, and cannot pull the trigger no matter how obvious. As for Cass, he should be gone too, but I might at least see what he pulls off in FA and the draft, before riding off into the sunset. I really don't buy that Capers will be back, but we will all know very soon.

12. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

If Mcnair forces Capers to replace OC and DC with some more aggressive coordinators? That would work for me.

I'm good with keeping Casserly & Capers for one more go. I know alot of people don't agree, but hey, it's my opinion :)

13. Depends how you look at things, Did Capers build our wins every year with the crap that Casserly gave him and then it all came to a head this season when Casserly didn't bring in any talent to upgrade any position? Or do you look at it like Capers is just a bumbling fool and can't win with any kind of talent give him and Casserly has his hands tied. I fall in line with if Capers goes then so should Casserly, they built this team together.

14. profan

profan Veteran

Nope, Capers has to go. His style is holding Carr back. He brought in Pendry who did nothing for our offensive line, then, promoted him to OC. He is a great guy who sets a great example, but his play it close philosophy has only resulted in heart break. Anyway, I think these decisions will be made asap, and these boards will be lit up next week. Until, then, happy new year to everyone!

15. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor