Omar Jacobs, a shot at glory

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by DominickDavisFan76, Jun 24, 2006.

?

Can Omar Jacobs start?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2006.
  1. Yes, he has the pose to start over Big Ben

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. No, hes too young and he needs time to develop

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  3. Other

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  1. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

Well with the recent injury to Big Ben, I believe that this was a message from god and that message is that Omar Jacobs should start for the Steelers.

I mean he has the ability to be a starter, and plus Big Ben might not be ready for preseason or the season opener. I have seen Omar play and I know with one shot I think he can earn that starting job right from under Roethlisberger's nose.

And I am a guy of myths and I know that there are QBs out there that have been great...and have been taken late in the draft...(just like Omar Jacobs.)
    The QBs that I am thinking of are Tom Brady (3 Rings), Matt Hasselbeck (went to the Super Bowl) and I am sure their are plenty others but those are just the two that I know off the top of my head.

So with all that do u guys think that Omar Jacobs could get the starting job if he proves himself in preseason and mini-camp.

2. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

God...Isnt....Concerned....About.....FOOTBALL.

Texan Asylum likes this.
  3. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

Well said!

4. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

Okay well.... whatever maybe next year.

5. Hutch13

Hutch13 List of demands

No way he starts if big ben isnt ready they would start Batch or sign a veteran like Collins

6. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I think Jacobs is better than Vince, but he isn't ready to start yet. He needs time to develop. Batch will start over him this year. Not every team starts a rookie QB, just us.

7. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

I bought a pack of "Press Pass 2006" football cards yesterday and pulled an Omar Jacobs insert card out of it. It's the "Big Numbers" card, 3 of 33. Perhaps this chunk of cardboard will turn into gold. :rolleyes: Pulled a Matt Leinart rookie card out of the same pack, would bet it'll achieve monetary status before the previous.:cool:

8. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

I chose other .... he very well may have the poise and talent to start but unless Ben's injuries linger, he starts for the forseeable future

9. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Other: He is one of if not my favorite QB in this draft and I think he could end up being the best QB to come out of it, but I don't think he's ready to start yet. While Pittsburgh is a relatively QB-friendly system in which they are not required to shoulder a ton of the load, I still don't think he should start this year. I personally was hoping he'd go to a team like the Cardinals, Lions, or someone else like that who have talented WRs and have use for a gun-slinging QB that wants to throw the ball a ton.

10. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

Big Ben is the starter and will be the starter for many years. If nothing plagues Big Ben Omar Jacobs will be nothing but a #2 or #3 QB for his career, unless he is traded. It's not like injuries haven't taken there toll on their starting QBs and when that happens a young QB steps up to the plate...Roethlisberger led the to the Super Bowl last year, why would they change QB's?