OL at practice

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by infantrycak, Oct 5, 2005.

1. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

According to 610 am they have been playing around today on the OL at practice.

Pitts LT, McKinney LG, Hodgden C, Wade RG Wiegert RT.

I am sure the party line is we are just being prepared, but something is being contemplated.

This is looking like a nightmare to me. Let's see, Riley could beat Wand out but now isn't worth being on the OL. Wade, who clearly isn't a G is now going to play, yup G and Wiegert who was tried and failed at RT before is going to play, yup RT. So let's see we have three guys brought in to play T--Wand, Wade & Riley--none playing at T. A guy brought in to play G at T. A guy brought in to play T at G. Oh and a guy brought in to play C at G.

When David Carr runs on to the field it should be a solo intro to Welcome to the Jungle and he should run in from the visiting team tunnel.

2. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

That summary is just about what I thought when I heard it on the radio today. Sounds like they are just messing around a bit. I especially can't see Wade at guard. That could be pretty bad, given his build.

3. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Our best LT playing LT and not LG - Brilliant ! And the Arizona State rook in
    at Center - why not ?

4. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Just another day at the office for the most clueless coaching staff this side of Pluto. :ok:

5. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I heard it too...we are run by a team of monkeys.

6. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

[sarcasm]It just shows the extreme versatility of our linemen! What genious was able to secure that many linemen that can play other positions? Wow![/sarcasm]

Pitts and Hodgdon I'm OK with. Leave Weigert and Wade at their current positions. McKinney...if he's the best option at LG then alright. I'd rather Brown but whatever. Change is good sometimes.

7. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

"Best Post of the Season" candidate right there.

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

HA! Maybe even have Toro tackle him from the top of the stadium via high wire. :heh:

So what, exactly, is the point of musical linemen? I'm not sure I follow what they are trying to accomplish here, especially in light of the fact that they probably need all the practice they can get at their regular positions. :confused:

9. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Sounds like the O line was playing musical chairs at practice today...honestly....nevermind I'm speechless...

10. Nah c'mon, it's David Carrs fault

11. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

hey if the Bengals can lose their starting center during the game then his back-up as well and still protect Carson Palmer then why can't the Texans? :tomato:

12. Vinny

To me, Hodgdon didn't look like an NFL starter in preseason and Brown has been inconsistant at best and this may be hard to digest...but McKinney is having a pretty decent year so far....in comes Hainsworth though. No way I'd put Brown in over McKinney at this point.

13. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Veteran

The Bengals, or any team for that matter, could have only 4 linemen, and they would still not only be able to protect their QB, but they could do it better than us!

14. Vinny

Jobs are on the line. This is Capers last 13 games if this snowball continues down hill.

15. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

yeah, no doubt about it. The natives are getting restless!

So is this the last acts of desperation? Throw anything and see what sticks?

Man, if that's the case, I might have to see if there's any room on that "fire Caper's" badwagon, too... ;)

16. Vinny

perhaps it's more honest. Could we be forcing players in that Casserly brings so he doesn't look bad? Riley is our starting LT but all of a sudden he can't break the starting line up? We have brought in Young, Robinson-Randall, and Wade to play RT as well. All chumps so far. Who have we brought in to play LT in 4 years? We drafted a project in Wand and brought in a RT who had a history of underachievment in Riley. Pitts has played the LT as well as anyone on this roster but we force Riley in there still. Year 4 is defining this franchise build.

17. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

I'll trust you on Hodgdon because I really didn't get to see enough of him. Heck, I'm fine with McKinney @ LG as well. The key factor is we can't do any worse.

18. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Whatever they do, they sure aren't going to see what the starting LT in all 16 games last year has in the tank. If that "project" has actually improved, which is what a project is supposed to do, they might appear foolish for not playing him in the first place.

Let's move 5 guys instead! Brilliant!

19. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

Yes it is unfortunately. Embarrassing

20. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

No kidding ! At this point I suspect its up to Capers to do something,
    anything by the end of the season to "change" McNairs mind about firing him with extreme prejudice in the offseason.