Okoye out for Sunday?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by houstonhurricane, Nov 6, 2008.

1. houstonhurricane

houstonhurricane All Pro

OKOYE OUT FOR SUNDAY
    Posted by Mike Florio on November 6, 2008, 10:25 p.m. EST
    With starting quarterback Matt Schaub and leading tackler Zac Diles already missing, Texans defensive tackle Amobi Okoye won’t dress for Sunday’s game against the Ravens, according to Adam Caplan of Scout.com.

Okoye has a high ankle sprain. He didn’t practice on Wednesday and Thursday of this week.

Veteran Jeff Zgonina and rookie Frank Okam are expected to split reps on Sunday.

www.profootballtalk.com

2. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

According to scout.com, Okoye has missed practice this week and will not be active this Sunday.

3. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

In his show on 610, Kubiak was asked about Molden and went on to say that he needs to see more out of Okam. It was pretty weird, he was talking about how Molden was playing well and all of a sudden mentioned Okam. I guess this explains it.

On the bright side, DelJuan has been playing well.

4. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

I figured Robinson would split the time (or just be the starter over) Zgonina. Least Okam is finally getting some reps (again).

5. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Really, I hope this will be Adibi and Okam coming out party.

6. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

At least it can only improve our run defense

7. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

i think Okoye has really improved as a run defender as has the entire defense. I don't think that's a fair statement. especially considering how Okam played in the preseason. Alot remains to be seen with him though. Well, both of them actually.

8. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

name change from the Texans to the Incredibles as in - you------got-----to-----be-----kidding? high ankle sprain is gonna take at least two-three weeks maybe four (not that I'm a Dr. just stayed in a Holiday Inn). all I got to say is they better reduce consession stand pricing, especially the beer :drunk:

9. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Why would they do that?...........they know that fans will need more of the yellow water to numb their senses...............and they need to make up for probable decreased attendance........you know, supply and DEMAND! When they see you coming, watch them bump the prices! :beerfunnel::beer:

10. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

I don't know where I read it, but in the past month Kubiak was basically referring to Okams lack of consistent effort and commitment, a characteristic that was originally attributed to him in college and affected his scouting pic position in the draft.

11. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

I watched the Minnesota game again last night and giving Okam a start may be a good thing. I slow motioned the run defense and DTs were getting blown off the ball all day. On the majority of plays TJ ended up 3 to 4 yards back behind the line of scrimmage. While we held Peterson in the first half, his second half explosion was very predictable.

I'm trying to figure out what Kubiak is seeing in the rest of his DT, because they're playing like crap. Yes, Okoye is playing like crap too. If Okam comes out a plays well, this maybe a situation were Frank is one of those "game day" players who doesn't practice. Kubiak is a big practice guy and therefore Okam doesn't look good to him. Maybe its wishful thinking that Okam will step up here because none of the other DT are.

12. chicagotexan2

chicagotexan2 IDBLDogDareU

So he's been in all the previous games? I know he's young and it's only year 1.5, but this guy is not playing like a top 10 pick should. On the other hand he is playing like a Texans top 10 pick should.

13. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Travis Johnson v.2

14. noxiousdog

noxiousdog All Pro

Steve McKinney thinks Okoye is doing fine, and now that he's retired, he's had no issues calling out Texan's players who aren't getting it done.

15. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

See: Leach, Vonta

16. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Practice? We're talking about practice, man. I mean, how silly is that? We're talking about practice. I know I'm supposed to be there. I know I'm supposed to lead by example . . . I know it's important . . . I honestly do. But we're talking about practice, man. What are we talking about? Practice?

17. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Maybe Okam just doesn't want to kill Myers in practice.

18. Sal Rosenberg

Sal Rosenberg All Pro

No Please:texflag:

19. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

Injury notes: Defensive tackle Amobi Okoye sat out of practice with a high ankle sprain and could miss Sunday’s game. If Okoye does not play, rookie Frank Okam most likely will start in his place.

“We’ll probably go with Frank, go that direction and come up with a new rotation from that standpoint,” Kubiak said.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=4852

Just confirming it.

20. spurstexanstros

spurstexanstros Texans Rising

offensive lines across the league say, " Who, is this Amobi character? Oh you mean the guy I leave to double team Mario, right?"

The next sack Amobi will get will be his first of the year right? He has had a lack luster year so far.