Oklahoma RB re-injured his collarbone in Fiesta Bowl?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Heath Shuler, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler worst 2 1st

2. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Oh great! I've had deep concerns over this guy's health since day one, and now I'm seeing the name Charles Rogers pop up?

:panic:

3. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Wow....I wouldn't use a top 10 pick on him. It doesn't matter how good he is if he's fragile.

4. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Wow....this changes a lot. I'm actually excited now about Saturday.

Now I know this, I think that he'll fall to 10 and we'd be stupid not to take him there. To pass on him at 10 would be almost as bad as passing on last year's QB class.

How many RB's have you guys heard of who had career-ending collarbone injuries?

When I saw that he was playing in the Fiesta Bowl, I thought that it was too soon for him to play again. We were told it was a season-ending injury. He still came in and averaged 4.4 yards and scored 2 touchdowns. One of those TDs was for 25 yards in OT probably after he was re-injured.

Who cares if he can't participate in OTA's? We probably wouldn't need him until mid-season anyway.

5. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

One can only hope its not that big of a deal, or we are going to hear.......
    The Texans passed on Vince, Reggie and drafted a broken RB what are they thinking?:texflag:

6. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler worst 2 1st

I thought the same. The risk way out weighed the reward.

I wonder what team(s) leaked the info.

7. infantrycak

infantrycak Semi-grand Poobah Staff Member

Don't know about RB's, but Charles Rogers in a lower impact spot got thrown off track by two collarbone injuries.

8. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Great news as it possibly gets us past Cleveland. Ahman Green is starting next year which will give Peterson time to heal and learn on the sidelines anyway.

9. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Well, (shaking my head) either I'm being delusional in thinking that there is no way in hell Kubiak/Smith takes Peterson if he falls to #10 . . .

. . . or some of the rest of you are being delusional if you think that Kubiak/Smith will take a running back, any running back, that has injury/durability issues, especially considering the injury issues that he had to deal with last season regarding another running back.

I just don't see them doing that.

For those of you who want them to take Peterson is he falls to #10, you're lying to yourselves if you're not the least bit concerned about it.

10. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

The only upside is that we don't have to rush and start Peterson, thanks to the Green signing. If he needs surgery and has to sit for a while, and then only gets about 10 touches a game during the back half of the season there's nothin wrong with that. Then come next season he's healthy, over some of the rookie issues (the wall and the transition to pro life), and will be able to start all the off season stuff as a starter.

Then again, it could a chronic injury. Here's to hoping that the Texans Medical staff knows what they're doing.

On a second note when, at what point during the game, did Peterson re-injury the shoulder?

11. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

When I heard about this last night, I thought Charles Rogers right away. Boy, do we have a dilemma if he falls to 10 or what?

On one hand, how do you pass up a stud franchise RB who, if healthy, could take your offense to a whole new level like a Sean Alexander, LT etc.

On the other hand, how do you take a guy who keeps getting hurt and now has injured his collarbone twice? He may just be a snake bitten guy who keeps getting dinged up and never sees the field for a whole season, and has a short career. How do you waste a top 10 pick on someone like that?

Talk about damned if you do and damned if you don't. Either way, this really opens the Texans up to some major second guessing.....again. :gun:

12. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

"Injury prone" is an overstatement.

He's only been injured twice. The first one was a high ankle sprain that he played through all year. He still racked up 1195 yards and scored 20 TD's.

I don't think that the current injury will be a big deal if he's given time to heal. He wasn't even supposed to be playing in the Fiesta Bowl. He came back too early and got re-injured. Happens all the time.

13. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Chitown Frog

Here was my take on the other board too

If this is true it is FAR from good news. Whether we need the guy or not, some other teams below us might "need" him and be willing to move up. He is a stud commodity. The better the players that drop out of need of other teams, the better hand we hold. I'd rather the guy be in tip top shape. I know what you are saying..that it scares some teams off so he comes to us but this goes both ways

14. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

AP is on the cover of SI this week. The week of the draft always brings out "dark secrets" days before the draft. This is business as usual.

15. hadaad

hadaad All Pro

Charles Rogers got thrown off track by his own lack of maturity and heart.

In my opinion, at least.

16. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

I am not a big fan of drafting Peterson in the first place but .........

Could this be a team leaking this and trying to get him to fall so they can take him? Like that has never been done before.

17. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Well if Levi Brown and Peterson are still there at #10, I say go with Brown.

18. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I say Trade down.

19. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

I could only hope we do that my friend.

20. Wolfiegrrl

Wolfiegrrl Wonder Woman

We won't be at 10 if the Deal with Denver goes through. There is no way Kubiak and Smith will take a broken back. Just look at the press release from yesterday. Smith said we are planning as if Spencer will not be back. What makes you think our FO wants to spend a 1st round pick on an injured player? We will trade down with Denver and take Staley at 21 plus have a second and extra third round pick.

:texflag: :fans: