Oklahoma and Texas tied in Big 12 preseason poll

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by MojoMan, Jul 27, 2009.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

It looks like this year could be quite competitive in the Big 12 South. Texas had more first place votes in the poll, but Texas and OU ended up with the same amount of total points.

I really Like the Houston Texans a lot. But college football is hard to beat.

With both Bradford and McCoy returning as the QB's of these two top 5 programs, this is shaping up to be a great year for college football.

Hook'em Horns!

2. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Both of these teams are so stacked on NFL potential. It is unbelievable. Hell, the Big 12 is stacked. I fully expect 5 of the top 10 picks next year to be from the Big 12.

The Nebraska DT, Suh, is great. And his name means House of Spears.

3. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Yeah, they sort of should be a tie at this point.

One team that a lot of people are not talking about that is going to be really good and easily good enough to beat OU or Texas will be Oklahoma State. They've got Robinson coming back, Bryant coming back and Hunter as well. They are going to be a good team in the Big 12 for sure.

4. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Given how each team ended their season. UT winning their bowl game in dramatic fashion while OU well...not so much against UF.

I know both teams are stacked but after the letting the crap BCS decide the Big 12 last year the edge should go to UT IMO. Screw the sooners and screw the BCS.

5. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Well for OU and Texas to be tied despite UT having two more first place votes then a third team would have to have at least two second place votes. I figure that third team is OSU.

6. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

I don't see how you could say who is going to be better this season though. Last year was last year. They both have a nice squad returning, and I don't think it would really be that fair deciding one over the other. We'll just have to wait for the game which will be the deciding factor.

It's going to be another epic game I believe, and not a blow out either way.

7. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

They should be tied since both are 0-0.

8. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Too bad that I already simulated the season on NCAA 2010. As it turns out Texas A&M started the season not ranked but ended up the national champions. And they smoked both OU and Texas.

Oh well, theres always next year.

9. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Agreed. But unfortunately there is some sort of national obsession with ranking teams before they have even played a game.