OK, which NFL franchise is moving to LA???

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Koolaid Time, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

Edward P. Roski Jr., a part owner of the Kings and Lakers who has spent several years trying to lure the NFL back to the Los Angeles area, believes his latest concept for a stadium could help finally land a team.

The Los Angeles Times reported on its Web site that Roski has scheduled a news conference at Staples Center to make a "major announcement" concerning the league and L.A.

On Thursday, Roski will unveil his idea for a stadium in the City of Industry, near the southern intersection of the 57 and 60 freeways some 20 miles east of Los Angeles, said John Semcken, vice president of Majestic Realty, Roski's real estate company.

The stadium would be surrounded by a high-end shopping mall, and located on a vacant property which Roski already owns.

"We've spent the last year designing a football stadium that is ideally suited for the Southern California marketplace that will be a part of a major entertainment, retail and office development," Semcken told The Associated Press.

"We want to take all of the uncertainty out of this stadium situation."

If a team committed to moving to Los Angeles, "we could begin construction in the final quarter of this year and have it ready for play for the first exhibition game in 2011," Semcken said.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8042930?MSNHPHMA

Ed Roski has the money to do the deal. I don't know how much money the Governator would have to kick in, but Roski can pull the load if he has to.

So who will move to LA??

2. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Jaguars

3. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Ain't happening in this economic climate and by the time we come out of it the CBA will be close to being up. I doubt the owners want the potential of the 2nd largest market being on the table for discussions with the player's union.

Moreover, I am not sure the Governator wants to get bogged down in any public financing debates.

4. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Green Bay but obviously they aren't moving. I would say Buffalo has the best chance of moving, but I had heard that if they moved to a different city it would probably be Toronto.

Maybe Al Davis is moving to LA again.

5. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Nobody. KT nailed all the reasons.

6. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Bud sure likes the smell of that LA money!

Drew_Smoke likes this.
  7. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

I would laugh for days if that happened.

8. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

J Ville or Tenn would be cool, since we would be in the division with LA for a little bit. The leauge would love to get a team like Indy there, but good luck.

9. chicagotexan2

chicagotexan2 IDBLDogDareU

"IF" any team moved I'd say it's the Jags. Before I would have said the Sainst, but the Jags seem like the most likely.

10. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Hypothetically if a team were to move to LA, what would this do to the divisions? Would they most likely get shaken up?

I think a team like Oakland would stay in the same division, but what if the Jaguars moved... or Buffalo?

11. Overalls

Overalls Hall of Fame

Bud has already shown that he cares absolutely nothing about the fans that support him and even the ICOU admit that Lousianna Field is a dump. I have seen thread after thread from the ICOU downing different aspects of their stadium.

12. Ole Miss Texan

Okay, this got me to thinking about the diff. divisions and how I'd match them up... of course this is assuming no team moves to L.A. and that they probably will never change them. This is just more geographically "correct" i guess.

AFC North
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Cleveland Browns
    Indianapolis Colts
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    AFC East
    Buffalo Bills
    New England Patriots
    New York Giants
    New York Jets
    AFC South
    Dallas Cowboys
    Houston Texans
    New Orleans Saints
    Tenessee Titans
    AFC West
    Oakland Raiders
    San Diego Chargers
    San Francisco 49'ers
    Seattle Seahawks

NFC North
    Chicago Bears
    Detroit Lions
    Green Bay Packers
    Minnesota Vikings
    NFC East
    Baltimore Ravens
    Carolina Panthers
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Washington Redskins
    NFC South
    Atlanta Falcons
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Miami Dolphins
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    NFC West
    Arizona Cardinals
    Denver Broncos
    Kansas City Chiefs
    St. Louis Rams

From first glance the AFC looks really tough, the NFC really easy (but what's new? :)

13. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

When they re-aligned, they wanted to keep certain old rivalries in place. That's why the Cowboys, Giants, Skins, and Iggles are all in the same division. Dallas has been playing against those guys since 1960 and there was a lot of history. It was easy to move the Cards out of there because they'd mostly just been a punching bag for the other teams, the Cards had moved, and there wasn't any sense of rivalry.

EDIT: They also wanted to preserve the conferences as much as possible.

14. Scooter

Scooter Funky

"The stadium would be surrounded by a high-end shopping mall, and located on a vacant property which Roski already owns."

this is what stood out to me and lead me to believe that roski owns most or atleast a decent portion of the surrounding area (just a guess). if that is the case, roski know's his land value and revenue would grow exponentially therefor be willing to front most of the bill. the governator would be seeing dollar signs if i'm correct.

then again i've paid zero attention to what LA and it's individual financers are trying to do (nor do i intend to) so i'm not qualified to guess at the reasoning.

15. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

16. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I still think the Saints will and the NFL would ablige because that's the way little Reggie wants it.

17. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Nobody, won't happen. L.A. is worth more to the league without a team than it ever could be with a team. We'll be hearing about "Somebody" being the most likely team to relocate to L.A. for the rest of our lives and nobody will ever actually make the move and that's exactly as it should be. Fans in L.A. don't deserve a football team because they don't really give a crap about it.

18. Ole Miss Texan

They would change their name to the "Los Angeles Dollar-Bills"

19. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

C'mon, remember how we acted with the Oilers? Remember how we felt when football left?

20. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Well then, Goodell should send the tities over there just for bud making him look at his awful mug.