Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Oh My God

K

KJ3

Dear broadcasters of the Monday Night Football program,

We get it. Randy Moss is now a team player. Just imagine, a great and physically gifted reciever is tearing it up under one of the top coaches and quarterbacks in the league. I thought he was just about rendered useless in Oakland because of his poor work ethic, lack of interest or desire, and his locker-room cancer attitude and I totally wrote him off. What a mistake everyone thought it was to spend a 4th round pick on him, including myself. It's a total surprise to see him succeed.

The End

P.S. By the way, I'm rolling my eyes so hard that they stuck and now I have to go to the hospital.

P.P.S. Tony Brown-holer know very little outside of who currently has the ball, who currently has his ball, and isn't as funny as the other two ass-pirates seem to think he is.

Moss is just a sore loser, same with TO. When they are winning everyone is riding the gravy train with biscuit wheels. If either of these teams take a turn for the worse and lose a few in a row, watch out.

bah007

Hall of Fame
Honestly, imo the difference that I see in Moss and TO is pretty huge!

To me, Moss wants to be on a winning team. Yeah he wants the ball...but he wants to win above all. I think that he wants a ring. He knows he's slowing down and wants to be on a winning team before he goes out.

TO on the other hand...
When I think of Owens, all I can see is someone who is SELFISH! He doesn't care whether the team is winning or losing. He only cares how many catches/tds that HE gets. I mean the guy was on a Super Bowl team and was still bringing his team down.

I think that Moss is one of the greatest athletes in the NFL and TO is a waste of God-given talent.

Although I do think that Moss has his selfish moments...I think that TO's career has been one great big-long selfish moment!

And BTW, I'm not a Moss fan.
TO had all of 3 catches for 33 yards this week & he looked pretty happy when the Cowboys stomped the Rams.

Everybody seems to forget (or does so on purpose) that in Philadephia, TO still had half the locker room on his side. It wasnt him vs the team. It was the guys who backed TO vs the guys who backed McNabb.

I know its hard to imagine guys like Moss & TO just suddenly changing their mindset toward the game, but maybe thats just what has happened. We won't know for sure until one of them has a temper tantrum on the sidelines.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Its easy to be a team player / leader or whatever else the media wants to say about a player when they are WINNING ...... but when teams are playing poorly and losing games ...... Just take a look at the two best examples of Randy Moss in Oakland and T.O in San Fran / Philly .....

Winning Fixes Everything

R

real

Do you think either one of these guys would complain if they didn't care about winning ?

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Let's not forget when TO was in Philadelphia and due to injury it was suppose to be "no way" that he would be able to play in the Super Bowl. He did go through aggressive rehab and did the "impossible." Not only did he play in the Superbowl but was a major contributor. That doesn't sound selfish to me. The Superbowl was going to be played with or without him, and he could have easily accepted medical advice and watched from the sidelines. Or, perhaps he could have said "football is just a game, and there are more important things in life."

Porky

Hall of Fame
Tony Kornholio makes MNF just about unwatchable to me. The only schtick he has is reading quotes from other people or asking Jaws some stupid question. He has zero original thoughts of his own.

Here's a typcial Kornholio question - "So Jaws, that Tom Brady is pretty good huh?". "Yes, Tony he is pretty good". "So, do you think he is the best QB?" "Well, there is Payton Manning Tony" "So, Jaws do you think he is second best?" "Well, Tony probably" "Who's third best Jaws"? "And who is 14th best Jaws? Wait I think I have a quote from a homeless man that I ran into on the way in. Let me read you what he said"......:bat:

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
i like the persona that Kornheiser has during PTI. but, for some reason, he completely abandons that during MNF and acts like some old crappy sportswriter who thinks he's funny. well, that's what he is, but he seems fresh and original on PTI. but it feels unscripted and real on PTI, even though it isn't. perhaps he needs Wilbon to succeed. either way, the experiment isn't working, so time to get rid of him.

i'd like to see Parcells in the MNF booth. he's one of those guys that will be unintentionally hysterical.

gtexan02

Working?
The fact of the matter is:

Moss is on the Patriots, they are 4-0
TO is on the 'Boys, they are 4-0

nothing else can be said. These guys are helping their team win this season. The end

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
and it's no coincidence that:

Brady - Best QB in the AFC right now
Romo - Best QB in the NFC right now

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Tony Kornholio makes MNF just about unwatchable to me. The only schtick he has is reading quotes from other people or asking Jaws some stupid question. He has zero original thoughts of his own.
For some reason, Jaws sounds like he's reading everything he says. He keeps adding dramatic flare to simple things, too, which just drives me nuts. It sounds like he's trying to be the NFL voice, but ends up failing every time.

Cornholio is a moron in the booth. He makes Dennis Miller sould like Al Michaels. Hopefully ESPiN pulls the plug by next season. It's hurting the product, IMO.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
The big problem is that ESPIN trys to make their presentation the entertainment rather than the game itself ...... Water that crap down and let us enjoy the GAME !:bat:

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Tony Kornholio makes MNF just about unwatchable to me.
The Kornholio puts out solid information. Like his comment, "Moss is the best receiver Tom Brady has ever had."

How else would I know this without The Kornholio in the booth?

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
The Kornholio puts out solid information. Like his comment, "Moss is the best receiver Tom Brady has ever had."

How else would I know this without The Kornholio in the booth?
Or.."So Jaws do you think you can say the Patriots have a chance at 16-0 this year?"

Geez, how many times did he mention that? Jaws kept laughing at him every time he said it.

If they'd drop Korny it'd at least be bearable.:wild:

Brando

Hall of Fame
i like the persona that Kornheiser has during PTI. but, for some reason, he completely abandons that during MNF and acts like some old crappy sportswriter who thinks he's funny. well, that's what he is, but he seems fresh and original on PTI. but it feels unscripted and real on PTI, even though it isn't. perhaps he needs Wilbon to succeed. either way, the experiment isn't working, so time to get rid of him.

i'd like to see Parcells in the MNF booth. he's one of those guys that will be unintentionally hysterical.
I would love for Bill Parcells to be on MNF.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
You want to know how bad Tony Kornhole is.....

He has me wishing they would bring back Joe Theisman............ nuff said..