**Official Wild Card Round Playoff Game-Day Thread** Colts at Texans, Saturday Jan 5, 2019!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TejasTom, Jan 4, 2019.

1. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

2nd most points in franchise history?

With the previous GM.

2. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

And who had 1st most again, with the same GM?

3. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

An aligned GM.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  4. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

And it never occurs to you that they may have become unaligned because of poor choices by OB. Like say valuing vet scrub QBs to drafting & playing Watson.

Surreal McCoy likes this.
  5. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

It's occurred to me.

It's why I wanted them both gone and the franchise to get a new start.

But if the last draft holds a clue to the future then good times are ahead.

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  6. Surreal McCoy

Surreal McCoy All Pro

Looking forward to 2024 when OBrien has a team to be reckoned with!

thunderkyss likes this.
  7. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Glad to see you're willing to give the man a chance with his people in place. If ownership is willing to spend the $$$$ the holes can be filled this offseason.

TejasTom likes this.
  8. amazing80

amazing80 Site Contributor

What are you talking about? Even if you think Gaine had a good draft, the players certainly didn’t light the NfL on fire. OB failed to use his legit TE threats, Rankins who was clearly projected of G was thrust into LT week 1 after missing all of TC. OB is a loser with zero ability to identify talent and coach it up. Stop with the sloppy DSL and admit he is a failure. Time to move on.

thunderkyss and Speedy like this.
  9. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

We're going to find out.

2nd best record in franchise history with the 2nd most points scored say otherwise.

10. KA4Texan

KA4Texan Clueless Wonder

Well the way I saw it....

I gave OB a chance when he got here.... he failed.

I gave OB to convince me I was wrong til this season.... he failed.

At 0-3 I gave up 100% that this man was nothing but failure.... at 9-3 I still felt the man was made of fail but willing to shut up because a sloppy win is still a win.

At 11-5 going into the playoffs against a division rival I decided I would let this man do his thing.

Either he would fail, or begin his legacy in epic fashion. Starting 0-3, finishing 11-5, going into the playoffs against a division rival and going further than anyone gives you credit for.... that is when great men triumph if they are to have a legacy.

I know I said at 9-3 I forgave the sloppiness of the wins.... however when winning isnt on the table you have to dissect how they played.

Is OB responsible for EVERY mistake in the game? Absolutely not... but he is "the head" if a team looks unprepared, looks like they can find their butts if you spotted them 9 fingers and gave them a GPS that's a problem and that IS on the HC. You dont blame a leader for a single mistake.... you DO however blame the leader if those mistakes keep happening.

I gave him credit for his 9 wins, I was impressed, however.... that doesnt change the fact that he rolled out there, to a playoff game against a wild card division rival looking like they belonged on a peewee football field, not an NFL playoff game where the single touchdown we managed was by rule a TD but its legitimacy is debatable.

I dont have a thing against OB the man, but as a coach he has proven without a shadow of a doubt IMO he can achieve nothing more than the mediocrity that we have seen before.

IF we get a solid legit team, that is what I care about. I dont care of that is under OB's tenure or not. I'm just tired of facing good teams in games that matter and my team looking painfully inept.

Yes, there is player responsibility, but there is no excuse for a team as a whole to look that incompetent and it NOT be on the HC.

I wish OB a great life, but as a coach, IF there were any level of coaching greatness in the man we would have seen.... something..... anything resembling at the VERY least compatence against the Colts even with the players level of play being uninspired.

I know he isnt going anywhere sadly, I'm just bored right now.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019

11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

Imagine if we had a coach who could coach.

santo and Texansballer74 like this.
  12. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

On the bright side, at least I'm upset about an embarrassing playoff loss. Didn't really have an embarrassing regular season loss to be upset about.

Progress

13. TejasTom

TejasTom Site Contributor

This game seems so long ago.