Official: Thomas Jones to be Released

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by HoustonFrog, Mar 1, 2010.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4957309

2. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I wouldn't mind having him here at all.

He's getting up there, but hasn't had any real injury problems. Probably has a few good years left. He's also produced at every stop he's been on.

This guy's a man's man.

3. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

He's been beaten up the last few years, but I'd much rather the Texans grab him than to go after LT if they're going to go that route. He might have a another really good year left in him before he starts breaking down. He's a work horse kind of guy that will not loaf at all. It is stilla bit risky to me though with his age and the amount of carries he got over the last two seasons. I don't think there will be a huge market for him though, so maybe he won't cost that much money.

4. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

I think he would be a good addition to bridge the gap at RB for a year. If Slaton is out for a long time then we will need someone to step in and contribute. If we don't draft Ryan Mathews then I would love to bring in Jones and have him share the load with Foster and a rookie if we draft one.

5. False Start

False Start On # 69

I would really like to add TJ if we are going to add a veteran RB. After the old lady flipped him off last year he may have a bad taste in his mouth though, lol.

6. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

Please don't call him TJ, TJ reminds me someone else(now in San Diego). Let's call him Thomas instead.

7. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

No way we dont take a look at this guy.

8. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

The ONLY FA RB that floats my boat would be Chester Taylor. Not particularly interested in him, but as a 30 year old back, he probably has the most tread left and is a solid blocker for pass protection. I would want him at a pretty low dollar and I doubt that will happen as he is very likely going to be the most sought after FA RB. No more that a 3 year deal for me and again, that's probably a big road block.