Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Browns at Texans, Sunday Dec 2, 2018!!

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
If we beat the colts next week then we can loss out the last 3 games ..if we wanted to and be stuck with the div and host a wc game

no team would ever do this but think of a hole month + to rest players / get healthy but prob get rusty and loss mojo ..??
Disagree.
If they win out, they will be in that winning mode - it will show hey have been finding ways to win and that is important.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Seriously folks, keep em coming with the anti-O’Brien drivel. Just fires me the F up. I hope they win out and go all the way to the Super Bowl.

“My fandom of the Texans overrides my dislike for OB”

Um .... no, it doesn’t. That’s like Vince Young saying he was a elite quarterback. If you have to say it, it reveals just the opposite.
So now you're going to decide and who is and who isnt a fan based on their views of the head coach? LOL Okay. **** here is just to Trumpian when it gets to Obrien .. its like you show them all the lies and they just ignore them. Something good happens and they want to throw a parade and forget anything bad ever took place or deny it even happened. Instead of the high road you decide that you'll just run into everyone head on, great idea .. good luck with that.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Couple of thoughts about todays game: I'm not sure what to think about the 2nd half. The Browns did some serious business after the break, with at least 1 T called back by penalty and another by Reid being a total badass. Were the yards they got purely garbage time? While the Browns definitely made the correct half-time adjustments, the Texans didn't seem to. Again, was that due to garbage time turtling or did they just not make the right adjustments?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the win. I'm also concerned that the Texans had to settle for 5 FGs. Tackling was also pretty sloppy yesterday by the Texans.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So now you're going to decide and who is and who isnt a fan based on their views of the head coach? LOL Okay. **** here is just to Trumpian when it gets to Obrien .. its like you show them all the lies and they just ignore them. Something good happens and they want to throw a parade and forget anything bad ever took place or deny it even happened. Instead of the high road you decide that you'll just run into everyone head on, great idea .. good luck with that.
And some people cant admit that BOB has done a good job this yr despite the talent issues on the roster.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Couple of thoughts about todays game: I'm not sure what to think about the 2nd half. The Browns did some serious business after the break, with at least 1 T called back by penalty and another by Reid being a total badass. Were the yards they got purely garbage time? While the Browns definitely made the correct half-time adjustments, the Texans didn't seem to. Again, was that due to garbage time turtling or did they just not make the right adjustments?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the win. I'm also concerned that the Texans had to settle for 5 FGs. Tackling was also pretty sloppy yesterday by the Texans.
I refer to this as the full Kubiak.

Still having and going to continue to have RZ issues to deal with until the OL gets fixed. That should happen next offseason. Good times are ahead.

Uncle Rico

And some people cant admit that BOB has done a good job this yr despite the talent issues on the roster.
so stop acting like bitches with all the passive aggressive bullshit and reply to those exact quotes so both sides can chime in on. NOBODY who has a grasp on the game can say OBrien has done a bad job going back over a month now. It doesnt mean he's clean and immune from criticism. There are plenty of hyper critical guys like myself who have no problem complimenting anyone when they do a good job, but I wont have people trying to tell me when I can or cant be critical ESPECIALLY when its perfectly deserved, Maybe if the pro Obrien cultists (passive aggressive see how productive that is) would just admit that their emperor has some flaws, but engage in productive dialogue instead of calling people idiots and losers and who dont know anyting about football and expect that to be constructive.

edit: I'll even throw one of Obriens OWN quotes out there to show how far and disconnected the argument is:

”When things don’t go well, and they haven’t gone well lately, it starts with me,” O’Brien said. “There’s a lot of different things that I can do to be better. I’m not going to list them all.”

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
so stop acting like bitches with all the passive aggressive bullshit and reply to those exact quotes so both sides can chime in on. NOBODY who has a grasp on the game can say OBrien has done a bad job going back over a month now. It doesnt mean he's clean and immune from criticism. There are plenty of hyper critical guys like myself who have no problem complimenting anyone when they do a good job, but I wont have people trying to tell me when I can or cant be critical ESPECIALLY when its perfectly deserved, Maybe if the pro Obrien cultists (passive aggressive see how productive that is) would just admit that their emperor has some flaws, but engage in productive dialogue instead of calling people idiots and losers and who dont know anyting about football and expect that to be constructive.

edit: I'll even throw one of Obriens OWN quotes out there to show how far and disconnected the argument is:
Funny thing is I've pointed out some of BOB's flaws yet you still feel the need to make this post.

Remember my full Kubiak post that described BOB turtling up just like Kubiak did, yet the same fans dont have a problem with Kubiak doing the same exact thing BOB does.

Uncle Rico

Funny thing is I've pointed out some of BOB's flaws yet you still feel the need to make this post.

Remember my full Kubiak post that described BOB turtling up just like Kubiak did, yet the same fans dont have a problem with Kubiak doing the same exact thing BOB does.
you're appealing to emotion dude .. its a logical fallacy and it doesnt add anything to the discussion .. "look at me look at me .. i was right i said this i said that" what difference does any of that make? You are a perfect chat room contributor? Good for you .. cookies are on their way. Is this where I get to say "'me too me too, i've said complimentary things, but nobody pays attention to me" ?? Everyone needs to put on their big boy pants and if the Pro Bill crowd needs the attention then here ya'll go ... GOOD JOB GUYS, YA'LL SUPPORTED BILL OBRIEN THE WHOLE TIME, YOU'RE PERFECT TEAM VISION WAS REWARDED AND NOW WE ARE GUARANTEED A SUPER BOWL VICTORY THANKS TO HIM BEING OUR COACH .. HALLELUJAH!!

All this **** after a great win too.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
About the second half. The Texans were up 23-0 to start the half. Both offense and defense went conservative. The reason is easy to see. No need to run the score up on the Browns. They weren't likely to mount a come back, and didn't. Just score enough points to keep the game out of their reach. That's what the O'Brien and Romeo did. 5 field goals. Why didn't O'Brien go for it on any of those drives instead of kicking the field goal? He didn't need to.
Why risk injury or giving up a turn over when you don't need to? Against a team like the Colts, O'Brien will need to be much more aggressive because of Luck's ability to come back and turn a game around. There wasn't much of a chance of that against the Browns. I agreed with the coaches decision to play more conservatively in the last quarter and a half. O'Brien actually called a good game in this one and in the last several games. He may actually be learning from his mistakes.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I refer to this as the full Kubiak.

Still having and going to continue to have RZ issues to deal with until the OL gets fixed. That should happen next offseason. Good times are ahead.
Talent issues? The Texans are lacking talent in one area: OL. RZ issues are as much about play calling as anything else. I really wish OB would hire a true OC and just focus on HC duties.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
I was one of those guys that was done with BOB after the embarrassing losses to the Giants and Titans. But I give him a lot of credit for righting the ship and being able to turn things around. The team has been playing great complimentary football during this streak. (I still would like for him to hire an OC though)

Now, when are you going to admit this team has more talent that you thought? And a lot of the talent on this team (especially the core) was brought in by Rick?

Shishkabob

All Pro

careful if you disagree with him enough he will just put you on his ignore list, because he is so open to listening to other peoples sides that he blocks out those who disagree with him lol

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I was one of those guys that was done with BOB after the embarrassing losses to the Giants and Titans. But I give him a lot of credit for righting the ship and being able to turn things around. The team has been playing great complimentary football during this streak. (I still would like for him to hire an OC though)

Now, when are you going to admit this team has more talent that you thought? And a lot of the talent on this team (especially the core) was brought in by Rick?
I dont think the team is talented at all on offense other than Watson/Nuk and BOB doing a great job of winning games despite Watson playing with broken ribs and a punctured lung is doing a great coaching job. IMHO

Now that Watson is healthy the Texans are a dangerous team. Not a SB winner but can beat any team that's left in the AFC other than the Chiefs.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Man I am glad that as this season has turned into wins, we fans are no longer calling each other out, slinging mud like politicians or vociferously going to way extreme to defend a thought or position. YAY us!

dream_team

Hall of Fame
I dont think the team is talented at all on offense other than Watson/Nuk and BOB doing a great job of winning games despite Watson playing with broken ribs and a punctured lung is doing a great coaching job. IMHO

Now that Watson is healthy the Texans are a dangerous team. Not a SB winner but can beat any team that's left in the AFC other than the Chiefs.
So no love for DT, Fuller and Keke? No love for the 2nd leading rushing attack in the league?

Fuller and Keke are extremely talented. Their problems aren’t talent related. I also think Miller is a talented back, but until recently, BOB was trying to make him something he’s not. D’onta is talented, but we know his story.

Like what another poster said, we only lack talent on the OL. I even like the talent we have at TE, they just need more experience.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
you're appealing to emotion dude .. its a logical fallacy and it doesnt add anything to the discussion .. "look at me look at me .. i was right i said this i said that" what difference does any of that make? You are a perfect chat room contributor? Good for you .. cookies are on their way. Is this where I get to say "'me too me too, i've said complimentary things, but nobody pays attention to me" ?? Everyone needs to put on their big boy pants and if the Pro Bill crowd needs the attention then here ya'll go ... GOOD JOB GUYS, YA'LL SUPPORTED BILL OBRIEN THE WHOLE TIME, YOU'RE PERFECT TEAM VISION WAS REWARDED AND NOW WE ARE GUARANTEED A SUPER BOWL VICTORY THANKS TO HIM BEING OUR COACH .. HALLELUJAH!!

All this **** after a great win too.
SMDH

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So no love for DT, Fuller and Keke? No love for the 2nd leading rushing attack in the league?

Fuller and Keke are extremely talented. Their problems aren’t talent related. I also think Miller is a talented back, but until recently, BOB was trying to make him something he’s not. D’onta is talented, but we know his story.

Like what another poster said, we only lack talent on the OL. I even like the talent we have at TE, they just need more experience.
On the OL and Wr's too because who knows if KeKe/WFV will be healthy enough and either draft or sign a complimentary RB like Ingram. Seems to me that Miller will be here next yr.

chenjy9

Rookie

For me, talent/ability is worthless if the players are constantly off the field. If they are consistently unable to play when it matters, they are just deadweight.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
He's what? 29-1, 30-1 when leading at the half?

I don't have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with, & I didn't like it with Kubiak's team either, not getting first downs.

Move the ball, run out the clock, score field goals. Win the game.

Can't be going three & out taking less than 2 minutes off the clock.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

I don't have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with, & I didn't like it with Kubiak's team either, gotta get first downs.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Seahawks/Pats games last yr.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club

I don't have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with, & I didn't like it with Kubiak's team either, not getting first downs.

Yet in some circles (idiotically imo) he's getting lots of flak for doing exactly that this past Sunday