Official 2006 Senior Bowl Game Day Thread

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by NFLTexans2002, Jan 27, 2006.

1. NFLTexans2002

NFLTexans2002 Rookie

Hi, all Houston Texans fans! Today is the day the 2006 Senior Bowl Presented By Food World will be played featuring the most talented College Senior football student player/athletes to be played at 3:00pm Houston/Central time at Ladd-Peebles Stadium at Mobile, Alabama.

Texans General Manager Charlie Casserly and the Player Personnel Department look forward to which Seniors could be drafted as future Texan players. Mike Nolan and his San Francisco 49er coaching staff will lead the South Team versus Jeff Fisher and his Tennessee Titans coaching staff coaching the North Team.

I hope and wouldn't be surprised if selected players and coaches are miked during this game from both the sidelines, and on the field. General Managers and scouts from all the NFL teams traditionally flock for this game to witness and evaluate future NFL players, and prepare and make reports for the upcoming NFL draft in April. I wish all these NCAA College Football Senior players a great performance on the field.

There are several links of the Senior Bowl from their home page including the week's activities from the City Of Mobile prior to the game, player rosters, and team history. Enjoy!

http://www.seniorbowl.com/2006/

http://www.al.com

http://www.thelowpriceplace.com

2. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Alot of interesting players. Long way till April. I'll be looking atthe two big gaurds Jean Giles and Futui for the 33 pick. Hill only 183 #'s , looked bigger to me. There's you are # two receiver all of you crying for a better one. Robinson is making the move to WR and he can be had late on day two. Also, bumps Tony Banks to the streets where he belongs. Adios amigo.

3. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

my moneys on the south

4. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

I will be watching the Oline and corners very intently. Winston, Mangold, D'Brick, Eslinger, Ryan Cook, Setterstrom will be eyed closely. Eventhough D'brick is getting the manlove from everyone, Winston and Mangold are said to be stealing the show. They are mean and strong and just going out and handling everything being thrown at them. If the practices were any sign of things to come Marcus McNeil may be falling to the second round, I doubt it, but it could happen. Winston and D'brick are looking like the class of the draft, eventhough we have yet to see Winston Justice.

5. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

I look forward to reading your assesments Coach. Unlike some folks, you seem to be able to evaluate a player without interjecting an agenda and I appreciate that.

6. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

If we can just get Winston I would be happy about this draft. I really feel his talent and nastiness are exectly what this team needs most.

7. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

someone has a man crush on Eric Winston :love:

no way the Texans draft him if he is proving healthy enough to be a top 15 pick, we are too far out of postion in the order, although I was hoping he would slip to the 2nd which looks unlikely now, maybe 18 to the Cowboys.

seems we should focus on D'Brick as our #1 (trade down) and our 2nd pick Jonathan Scott, Davin Joseph & Daryn Colledge :) :cool:

8. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

I doubt the Cowboys draft Winston, or any other OL, in the 1st...The last time they drafted an OL in the first round was 1981...They've had luck with second rounders, and I can't see them jumping on Winston when there is good depth at the position and they have other needs...

Anyway, I'm going to have to miss the game because of work (I hate Best Buy), so I'm looking forward to you guys' analysis and breakdown of the game...

9. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

buy a DVR @ Best Buy make you hate work less.......maybe :rolleyes: or roll with a Dish like I do, have to go to my sons Basketball game today (same time) so I'll still get a chance to watch it when I get back.

the Cowboys do need a LT if a franchise one is available with the 18th pick that represents excellent value or a top WR like Santonio Holmes :)

10. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

While D'brick is the star of this group, and I know you like Winston a lot
    Coach, don't you think that if we could somehow snag McNeil with our 33rd
    pick, it would be a tremendous pick-up for us ? McNeil is a mauler and though
    maybe not quite athletic enough for LT, he'd fit in great for us at RT, especially with the way Chester finished the year at LT. Or perhaps you
    don't think Chester should be our long-term LT ?

11. Crap it looks like I won't be able to see this game live, gotta do family stuff. Would someone give me thier opion on T. Howard LB UTEP for the south, He should be #40. Particularly I am interested in how his strength is coming along, he's got fantastic speed and accelerations, I just want to see how he stacks up amongst the other LB's.

I am looking forward to good reports from you all as this is one of the better boards around at looking at rookie NFL talent.

12. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/01/26/pauline.senior.bowl/index.html

13. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

14. DRIFTAWAY

DRIFTAWAY All Pro

if the senior bowl game is today what was the college game a week or so back?

15. Peldon

Peldon All Pro

The Shrine game was in San Antonio and the Hula Bowl was in Hawaii. There are just too many players to only have one game.

16. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

The Shrine and Hula were Day 2 and lower rated players for the most part. The Senior is the highest rated group and is run by the NFL. It's basically the first NFL mini-camp for these guys, followed by an exhibition.

17. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Cutler looked sharp in his first drive -- except for the pick. Ced Griffin made a great play and not a smart throw by Cutler over the middle in the endzone.

Bad drop by Derek Hagan - right in the numbers.

Deangelo Williams is looking strong.

Jahmile Addae , Safety WVU appears to have hurt his knee... check that ...it looked worse than it was - he's okay

18. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Great pick by Cedric Griffin. Byrd deserves a look at TE in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

19. BradK10

BradK10 Hall of Fame

i think that pick was a little less bad throw and a lot more awesome play by griffin. i think if he lead haggan a bit more the ball might still have been catchable, but a fantastic play by griffin nonetheless

the south definitely has the stronger RBs in this game with Williams and Addai

20. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Winston and Gilles both got beat pretty bad on that one.