Offensive matchup game

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Sep 6, 2006.

?

Who has advantage

1. Texans ball:Advantage Texans

22.0%
  2. Texans ball:Advantage Eagles

51.2%
  3. Texans ball:Even

14.6%
  4. Eagles ball:Advantage Texans

29.3%
  5. Eagles ball:Advantage Eagles

43.9%
  6. Eagles ball:Even

14.6%
  1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Owen Daniels is listed as the starter at TE .... Although I expect Bruener and Putzier to see a lot of time as well , depending on the situation.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depth_chart.php?section=TH Depth Chart

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Thanks, I edited the post :D

4. Jerome_Brown_99

Jerome_Brown_99 Veteran

Eagles win both matchups.

5. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

You forgot the QBs. I think they're just as, if not more important than the names given.:confused:

6. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I thought about that, but figured it would end up a Qb debate when IMO it would be all McNabb

7. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Oh crapola! Sorry! Delete it if necessary. I don't want another one of those. My bad.:yikes:

8. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

I think that on both sides of the ball that Philly would have a slight advantage. Just looking at their team they are more well rounded then the Texans are. I'm also factoring in the experience that they have compared to our squad this year.

9. Jerome_Brown_99

Jerome_Brown_99 Veteran

Thanks for being objective.

10. Jerome_Brown_99

Jerome_Brown_99 Veteran

Yeah - you wouldn't want to factor in a clear advantage for the Eagles, would you? :chicken:

11. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

not just that, it is more about can our receivers get open against the eagles defense and vice versa

just wanted to get that to be the focus of the poll not the QB's(which it would)

12. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

IMHO, both teams have the advantage on offense. We both have proven Receivers. I would rate the CBs evenly.

13. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

The TO-less Eagles averaged 16 points/game last season. Westbrook went over 100 yards rushing once (against Green Bay) and the Eagles averaged less than 90 yards/game on the ground. Sure, a healthy McNabb will help. Still, this is one of the worst offenses the Texans will play all season. Expect a tight, low scoring game. And as bad as Kris Brown was last season (76.5% FGA), the Eagles' David Akers was even worse (72.7%).

14. E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles Rookie

David Akers also played with a torn hamstring...Westbrook was out half the season and Reid only ran the ball about 30-40% of the time which will never lead to 100 yard games i dont care who your back is...half of the Eagles starters (offense and defense) were on IR. I'm not saying we'll dominate but I think we will do better than you give us credit for, as I'm sure Houston will as far as Eagles fans go. We don't really see Houston play at all aside from the highlights so it is hard to comment. This game WILL be won in the trenches. Whoever's lines dominate the other teams lines will win.

15. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Akers has made all of his preseason kicks. And Brown has not. That probably gives Eagle fans some hope, while Texan fans remain uneasy.

Westbrook played in 12 games, that's his M.O. Is he completly healthy coming into the opener (he hasn't played since the HOF game)? And isn't the reason Reid doesn't run the ball is because they're not good at it? The Eagles have made an effort to run the ball this preseason and it just hasn't worked out. 3.1 yards per carry won't cut it in the regular season. If they can't find a running game on Sunday, even our lowly Texans will get to the QB.

I respect the heck out of the Eagles defense. But, their achilles heel has been against zone blocking teams. Remember what the Broncos did to the Eagle defense at Mile High last season? That was a Philly defense at full strength, too. I'd be a little concerned as an Eagle fan that Kubiak might have another good game plan for Jim Johnson's defense.

16. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

As long as your throwing stats around, the Eagles offense was top 10 in the NFL in '02 and '04 in yards gained and points scored with a lot of the same players.

....and with a quick look at the schedule can you really say that the Eagles offense is going to be markedly worse than Tennessee (twice), Jacksonville (twice), Washington, Bullalo, the Jets, Oakland, Cleveland, or Dallas?

17. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I gave the advantage to the Eagles on both sides. The Eagles have a very good defense, and until the Texans offense proves to be able to pick apart the defense, I give the advantage to the Eagles. I also give the Eagles advantage when they have the ball. Yes, our defense is improved, but just because the Eagles don't have any name players besides McNabb and to a lesser extent Brian Westbrook doesn't mean they can't move the ball. Our defense was ranked dead last last season and they also have to prove they can stop teams.

18. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I bet guys like McNabb, Runyan, & Tra Thomas would love to jump back into their '02 bodies.

19. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

At least Lucky is still a homer....we got that going for us.

20. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Yeah, it's pretty sad when I have to not only fight off fans of a 6-10 team, but our own vets.