Offensive Line Lulls...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by thunderkyss, Nov 1, 2011.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

A good read

2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

The holding calls are killing alot of drives. However, to me, it means they are playing mean now. However, I still feel it's inexcusable for a group that has been together now for mostly 3 years in a row and at one point was penalized very little.

3. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

I stopped reading here:

Did this half-wit failure even watch the game? They were throwing bombs early and often.

Not even worth reading when the writer is that painfully stupid.

4. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I was complaining myself about the play-calling. Not so much the need to throw the ball down the field, but when you can predictably expect a run on first down... I got tired of it myself.

If we were going against a lesser defense, like the Titans, it's probably not an issue, but the Jags defense.... we showed them no respect by running on first down as much as we did, especially in the second half.

5. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

I stopped reading at offensive line lulls. I don't think I've ever seen an offensive line be dominant 100 percent of the time. Of course the offensive line is going to have lulls. I didn't fully read the whole article, but I saw where JJ an Schaub both said the other team's defense gets paid to play too. Foolish to think that our group up front can never have an off play, series, or game here and there.

6. welsh texan

welsh texan Lest we forget

I don't really know what to say to this.

We currently sit #5 in scoring offense in the league, and #2 in that catagory in the AFC.

Sure we've been streaky as hell on Offense, seems like we score a couple of drives running then we'll break down on a few in a row, but frankly, I'd rather be up at the top in that catagory than trying to be happy with moving the most yards and not managing to score.

Bare in mind that we struggled mightily without Arian in the redzone early on too, and we've missed AJ for half of the season so far. I don't really see where the problem is.

Maybe the saying is true, second place is just the first of the losers :ahhaha:

7. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

I think there is a difference between predictable and conservative. The Texans want to be a running team and a big part of establishing themselves as that is to be able to impose your will and run the rock down their throats on 1st down to make it 2nd and manageable.

I just can't fault anyone running Foster on 1st down unless you're trailing by 15+ in the 4th quarter.

8. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

1st down runs - passes

1st quarter 2 - 1
    2nd quarter 2 - 2
    3rd quarter 2 - 1
    4th quarter 2 - 1

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Utterly predictable.