Offense and our first possession.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by El Tejano, Oct 19, 2010.

1. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I was just wondering if we've scored a TD if at all on our first possessions this season. I know we didn't in Washington, Dallas, NYG and KC, but I'm not too sure about Oakland and Indy.

If so, this has to change IMO! We need to start setting the tone and putting the fear in others defenses.

2. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

The only one was against Oakland.

3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

It may be that our O-linemen are gradually wearing down the D just enough to get it done later. IDK.

4. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

You know its funny I was thinking about this a while back but in a different way. Back in the HWWNBN Days the Texans scored on the opening drive like 90% of the time (This is a guesstimate on the percentage but it was a lot), which was ussually our only score, but we were pretty consistent on the opening drive.

5. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I like to think we lull them into a false sense of security throughout the first 3 quarters. You know, give up tons of points and yards and barely play competitive football on offense.

Than BAM. Put 21 on 'em before they can think

6. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Yeah, let's lull all the way to the final 2:00 warning! That'll work real well against the Colts! :)

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Against Indy & Washington, we only scored field goals (6 points) in the first Qtr. We scored 14 against Oakland in the first Qtr.

Dallas, NYGiants, KC, we were scoreless in the first Qtr.

So in 6 games, we've scored
    26 points in the first Qtr
    34 points in the 2nd Qtr
    41 points in the 3rd Qtr
    62 points in the 4th Qtr

If this is the way our offense is going to play, we've got to beef up on the DL, and get deeper in our rotation so they can hold up until the offense catches up.

8. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

I was thinking the same thing, the Texans used to ALWAYS score on the first drive of the game and find a way to lose it.

This year it seems we start off slow and then usually come back for the win, even Colts week 1 we were only leading by 3 at the half.

The Texans need to find a way where they have that "sense of urgency" earlier in the game and play the whole game that way.

9. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

I'd like to think that we're so effective in the 2nd half because we've made adjustments to what we've seen. Somehow though, I can't believe that's the case.:pop: