OchoCinco: We're like "Brokeback Mountain"

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by brakos82, Jun 11, 2009.

1. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Ochocinco: We’re Like Brokeback Mountain

Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com reports Ochocinco said he spoke to quarterback Carson Palmer for about “40 to 45 minutes” for the first time since the end of the season.

“I know people are trying to say we’re mad at each other and all that, but we’re good,” he said. “We’re like Brokeback Mountain. I’m going to be with Carson so much in July that I’m going to be the nanny (for his new twins).

“I’m going to babysit. We were getting down to the details. If he and the wife go out, they have to be back by three. I asked for permission to have company over.”

But The Ocho sounds totally serious after missing his second straight spring of voluntary workouts. Last year it was because he was trying to get traded. This year, after speaking to an Academy Award winner (Denzel Washington) and an NBA winner (Kobe Bryant), he said he put himself in isolation to retrieve the hunger that gnawed at him long before the five Pro Bowls and the 2001 NFL Draft the Bengals picked him in the second round.

Click here for the rest of the story

Wonder what Kevin Walter has to say about this?

2. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

CJ is doing everything he can once again to get the attention he needs. This guy is pathetic and TO Jr. He gave up on the Bengals last season and I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

[​IMG]

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...ad-Ochocinco-has-a-face-tattoo?urn=nfl,169423

4. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Why would you ever get a Florida tattoo on your face? It just looks like a birthmark or a burn.

5. Texecutioner

6. scourge

scourge Digression King

It's weird knowing that Andre is his cousin... and good friend from what I've heard both say.

A few years back, CO was giving Andre lots of praise as being on of the best receivers, before anyone outside of Miami or Houston even knew much about him.

7. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...t=AuPHPZnSK_iZ9Rlmw7eWA185nYcB?urn=nfl,169423

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

The Mouth is craving attention...again.

He's probably not a bad dude and maybe even a nice guy. But I get tired of the constant self-glossing and demands for attention. Let your play speak for you, like AJ does.

9. Texecutioner

He's had problems with every coach he has ever had going back to HS.

10. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Why does that not surprise me...

He gets way too much press for a mediocre receiver, IMO.

11. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...ns-to-defy-the-NFL-and-Tweet-d?urn=nfl,176597

12. Ckw

Ckw Guest

He is an excellent receiver... that is when he isn't acting like a lunatic...

13. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I don't know, last season the dude was 72nd in yards. Over the past 5 seasons he's gone from 3rd, to 5th, to 11th, to 12th, to 72nd in that one catagory. I know that there were circumstances that made that last season into a 60 spot plummet but he's been out of the top ten for three years now and declined every season since 2004.

Very good receiver but I'd say he's clearly let his games eclipse his game in recent years.

14. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

I don’t know what the NFL stands to gain with their anti-Twitter rules

I wondered about what the big deal was also (other than your a pro and your supposed to be paying attention!), but then one of the league officials spoke about it and one of the things they worry about is in game information that can be used by gamblers. Say a player gets hurt, but the team is keeping it quiet, but someone Tweets it is a major injury, that can affect what happens in places like Vegas.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009
  15. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Yup. This isn't really an anti-twitter rule. They are not supposed to have phones on the sideline.

16. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Agreed. The guy has the athletic ability as well as good hands. He has just been too focused on the antics. He was too busy planning his touchdown celebrations to actually bother scoring some touchdowns.