Oaklands Defense..........

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hulk75, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

To me the most important stat for a Defense, points givin up, I had no idea the Raiders Defense was doing this well right now.
    Just a question straight up, how would you attack their Defense as a HC/OC, run to pass, pass to run, hit em deep take chances on the road, hit em short and quick?

-
    Or Do you guys like second guessing too much on Sundays and Mondays!!!!:)

Rushing given up a game- 133.1
    Pass given up a game- 156.5
    Yds given up per game- 289.5

2. srstex

srstex Veteran

For the last three games the Raiders have given up 23 points total, so the YTD is not as good an indicator as recent events.

3. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I dunno, but it just seems like it gets tougher & tougher for our poor, ole feeble offense.

4. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I say try to use the pass to open up the running game, but that is just my opinion. Not to derail your thread or anything, but I think Kubiak should be concentrating on how our defense handles their offense, they have the worst offense in the NFL right now and I hope Kubiak releases the hounds against Oakland's offense. Oakland's offense as of right now is allowing almost 5 sacks a game and are only averaging just over one score a game, I hope our defense doesn't let Walter look like Montana out there. :phone:

5. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

I will be at the Black Hole, Row 1, Section 135.

Kubiak can ask for my advice if he wants to, send the word out.

When it comes to the Texans offense, I really don't think it matters. After 4 1/2 years, it is the same old thing and it doesn't look like it will change anytime soon.

6. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

If you want to see something scarier, their pass D is ranked 1st overall.

7. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Could this be because with there impotent offense they are behind early and often and other teams are runing the ball to kill the clock??

Just a theory....

8. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Or because their run D is ranked 25th so teams don't even need to worry about passing it. Theyve played some sketchy QBs as of late too. Their defense is built to play the pass though and despite if the stats are skewed or not, their pass D is better than alot of people anticipate.

9. Gen_Man

Gen_Man Rookie

Section 135 is not the Black Hole.

10. Gen_Man

Gen_Man Rookie

Run the ball to set up the pass. Attack the SAM BACKER. Use a lot of Counter running plays, misdirection, draws, and offtackles. While our backers are fast and can run down plays sideline to sideline, we struggle when guards and tackles get to the second gear. Attack us between the tackles, not around the edges. Go after Kelly and Sapp, force these guys to work and become run stuffers.

Use some bootleg action, especially on the STRONGSIDE; Brayton gets fake to eaisly. Use it to set up something deep later in the game. Attack the corners with comeback routes, quick screens and possibly seam routes; our FS cannot cover the deep middle, he is lousy in coverage and often takes bad angles.

You need to get vertical on this defense. You cannot dink and dunk this defense down the field. Our corners are very phyiscal and they play pretty good man defense on most routes that goes to the sidelines, and the backers are good and recovering. We play enough zone coverage to try and confuse a offense.

Realistically, you have to, like I said attack the vulnerabity of this defense: get your wideouts in deep slants or seams which will force our FS to make plays. You need to run inside and look for the cutback lane, sometimes our LB will over pursue, and get involved with some type of bootleg action, our backers react to slow.

Our PASS DEFENSE is good because of the personel we have in the secondary. Frankly speaking, we have three potential PRO BOWL DBS in Fab, Nmandi, and Huff, and a solid nickel corner in Poole and Stanford. Our LB are fast; Morrison is a beast while Howard has SAFETY SPEED.

Upfront we get pressure from Burgess and Sapp only. Brayton cannot play worth a lick, Tommy Kelly sometimes is not that discipline, and Sands is simply a backup at this point.

At home we are pretty good at created turnovers. Over the last two home games we have picked off 7 passes and force both teams to beat us through the air. Denver did because they simply stuck with bootleg action, however, PITT failed because of how our DEFENSE read everything.

Okay, I am done ranting.

11. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

I thought the Black Hole meant the entire stadium.

Sorry.

I think my ticket is on the Texans bench side where they come out from the locker room. Is that correct? I would like to know. I took an educated guess when I paid for the ticket on stubhub.

Thanks....

12. Gen_Man

Gen_Man Rookie

NOT a problem. A lot of people often get the term "The Black Hole mixup." Some people in the media refer to the entire stadium as "The Black Hole." However, in reality, the Lower South Endzone Sections (that is around 100-110) is the actual hole. Yet, we, Raider fans would like to get everyone in the stadium to where BLACK to where it looks like "A BLACKOUT" or "A BLACK HOLE."

I think 135 is around where the Texans bench is. Have a save trip and I hope you enjoy your time in Oakland.