avg. rushing per game: 31st
avg. passing per game: 5th
avg. points per game 8th

Defense over all: 21st
avg. rush yds given per game: 20th
avg. pass yds given per game: 20th
avg. points given per game: 24th

I think I found the problem.

Wow...someone is worse than use running the ball? We really suck at it they must...wow.

I think I found the problem.
Enjoyed that, but why is offense so much better statistically? We have had AJ and Jacoby out for extensive time. We lost our #1 and #2 Rb (temporarily) and our # 1 center (for the season). We have no first round pick on our offense other than AJ that I can think of.

On the flip side (defense) and I'm sure I will over look something, we have lost two starters at strong safety. That is a blow but the defense seems to still have more problems. Position compared to position, the defense should be equal to or better than the offense imo.

This is starting to look more like a coaching issue to me. I am open to other thoughts.

Enjoyed that, but why is offense so much better statistically? We have had AJ and Jacoby out for extensive time. We lost our #1 and #2 Rb (temporarily) and our # 1 center (for the season). We have no first round pick on our offense other than AJ that I can think of.

On the flip side (defense) and I'm sure I will over look something, we have lost two starters at strong safety. That is a blow but the defense seems to still have more problems. Position compared to position, the defense should be equal to or better than the offense imo.

This is starting to look more like a coaching issue to me. I am open to other thoughts.

Coming into this year, I really expected our offense to be a lot better than anyone expected and I expected our defense to continue playing at the level it had been at closing the season last year.

I think our passing game has been even better than I expected with AJ and JJ out. If those guys had been healthy, we would have been scary so far in the passing game.

The running game and the defense have been real let downs so far.

And, despite what we've all been saying about blitzing to get a better pass rush, I think we need to consider going back to what we were doing the first three games where we played with a more "keep everything in front of you, don't give up the big play, and just rush 4" sort of concept. That seemed to be working better.

The running game? Well, maybe hoping that Ahman was going to turn our running game around last week against the Titans was hoping for a bit much... but at least he got more than 3 yards per carry. Hopefully he'll improve that this week... but the Chargers are pretty damn stingy, too.

Schaub has been playing great. The only real fault he has been saddled with is not getting his team in the end zone but look at how the Titans struggled in the same area when they didn't have their starting skill guys. They had nearly 500 yards of offense last week but struggled to get in the end zone missing their top skill players.

Any sort of connection between those two teams?

Rep whore!

Wow...those def stats depress me (not that the running game one doesn't just make me a sad panda) given the personnel. It's like we're so ready to turn a corner, but we don't know where that corner is or how long it will take to get there.

3 games ago, our defense was top 10. lol.

But yeah. The stats are insane.

We'll see how the numbers look after 16 games, I think they can improve we've seen them play better. Is it the coaches? Partly, but if execution is poor what more can the coaches do? Our front 7 isn't that "Young potential dominant front 7" anymore its the "Young and hopefully will show up today" front 7.

This is my opinion, I know some will disagree. But I think in 2-3 years we should have a top 3 defense if we keep the pieces together. They are young, they will make mistakes, and great defenses are not built overnight.

Back