Now whats your record prediction?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gtexan02, Oct 1, 2006.

?

Whats our record?

1. 1-15

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2-14

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. 3-13

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. 4-12

15 vote(s)
    14.4%
  5. 5-11

29 vote(s)
    27.9%
  6. 6-10

26 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. 7-9

11 vote(s)
    10.6%
  8. 8-8

8 vote(s)
    7.7%
  9. 9-7

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  10. 10+ wins!

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Heres the remainder of our schedule with a little blurb by it to help sway your decision :stirpot:

@Dallas - Destroyed Tennesse today. Offense is very potent combining two stellar receivers, a top tier TE, and a combo of two explosive running backs. The defense is equally potent. We have a history of playing them very well. Will they have some more TO problems before the game?

Jacksonville - So far their offense has shown a lot mroe life, and their defense has been stout---Up until Washington. They shut out the Steelers and then gave up 480 yards to the Redskins. Which team will show up? They have a history of playing streaky football, and we have a history of playing our like hell on wheels against them.

@Tennessee - Young will still be learning his role, but both teams will have something to prove this week. Tennessee could still be looking for their first win. This is a terrible team, and while Young will help, they have more holes than we do.

@N.Y. Giants - A seemingly great team, loaded with talent, but somethings not working. They have a superior offense, and a seemingly tough defense, but are giving up almost as many yards per game as we are. NYG is a tough place to play, however.

@Jacksonville - At Jacksonsville in Jacksonville. See above post.

Buffalo - Buffalo in my opinion is one of the up and coming teams this year. They have a fantastic defense, and their offense has a lot of potential. They got ridiculued for their draft, but its working out nicely for them.

@N.Y. Jets - My other up and coming team, they are completely different with Pennington. They have 0 run game, but Pennington gives them a chance to win. They took the Colts to the final seconds. If Pennington should hasn't given out, this could be a tough one in NY.

@Oakland - Probably the worst team in the NFl right now. Even if Brooks is back, I think they look pretty hapless. Putting up big numbers against Cleveland doesn't impress me much.

Tennessee - See above. home game. Who will the crowd cheer for? Both VY and MW will have something to prove

@New England - At New England in the winter. Ouch. And they will be looking to solidify their playoff spot.

Indianapolis - Could be a blowout, unless Indy's already clinched. Maybe Sorgi will get the start?

Cleveland - Maybe even worse than the Raiders. Lets hope we don't have a 2004 repeat though.

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

@Dallas - L
    Jacksonville - W
    @Tennessee - W
    @N.Y. Giants - L
    @Jacksonville - L
    Buffalo - W
    @N.Y. Jets - L
    @Oakland - W
    Tennessee - W
    @New England - L
    Indianapolis - L
    Cleveland - W

3. 281

281 Hall of Fame

i'm sticking to my guns with 6-10. i said that right before the season.

4. Scooter

Scooter Funky

i said 8-8 and i'm going to stick with it. this game today is the reason why. last year we would've lost this game on the final drive or in overtime. this year we hit some playoff bound teams but kept fighting and bounced back. as our schedule gets somewhat easier, i think we're going to keep winning these types of games that we couldnt finish last year. we might not actually go 8-8, but i'm positive that at the end of the year, us fans will be very proud of this team.

5. wags

wags Hall of Fame

I think we're a 5-11 team. Our OL is still very suspect and our defense is a major work in progress.

6. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

@Dallas - Loss. I'd love to beat the Cowboys, but they're way more talented than we are.

Jacksonville - Win. Throw out the records in this game. We always play them close no matter how could one team or the other is.

@Tennessee - Win. Worst team in the league. Vince Young will have a monster of a game...in a bad way :redtowel:

@N.Y. Giants - Loss. They may be struggling right now, but I think they have enough talent to put it all together. I think we make it close though.

@Jacksonville - Loss. We play them close like always but they beat us on their home turf.

Buffalo - Win. They are a surprise team right now but I think David Carr outplays J.P. Losman.

@N.Y. Jets - Loss. They've improved a lot in one year under Mangini. They aren't a good team, but I think they win because of homefield advantage.

@Oakland - Win. If the Titans are the worst team in the league, the Raiders are a close second. Good news for us. Who knows who the starting QB will be for them at this point in the season.

Tennessee - Win. We kick the Titans butt at home and sweep them for the season. All the fans wearing Vince Young jersey's go home early.

@New England - Loss. They are in the middle of the playoff race and beat us easily. They aren't as good as they once were but they're still much better than us.

Indianapolis - Win. Indy has the division and home-field advantage wrapped up and play their bench players for most of the game. This lets us beat Indy for the first time ever.

Cleveland - Win. David Carr > Charlie Frye. Gary Kubiak > Romeo Crennel. We beat the Browns for the 2nd time in 3 years and oddly, all 3 games have been at home.

8-8

We end the season winning 4 out of our last 5 games. Or 5 out of our last 7 games which gives us momentum going into next season! :gotexans1 :fans: :redtowel:

7. NEROtheZERO

NEROtheZERO Veteran

Same here, all I felt we needed was 1 win in our first seven games and I knew it would be between Washington, Miami, or Dallas.

I think we rip off 4 straight wins against Buffalo, NYJ, Oakland, and Tenn and then get a win between Tenn, NYG, or Cleveland.

6-10.

8. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

16-0

oh yea .... 13-3, thats more realistic

9. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

5-11. Don't see us beating Jacksonville or Dallas let alone Colts.

10. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

5-11

Same as before.

Its great that we got a win, but this team still has a long way to go. I still think Kubes and GM Rick Smith are the right men for the job. In two years, there will be very few people left from the 2-14 season.

11. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I am sticking to my prediction after preseason, 4-6 wins.

12. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

4 or 5 wins is probably where I see us. And I think some of our losses will be close during the second half of the season.

I agree with Wharton's take about Kubiak and Smith. They are building from a foundation up, and we will see lots of new faces in the next couple of years.

13. NEROtheZERO

NEROtheZERO Veteran

I agree and Moulds has confirmed this. Last Monday on his show he said that Kubiak was not able to bring in all the players he would like due to salary cap restraints and bad contracts from the previous regime. He said next season we should see personell much more adept to Kubiak's system.

14. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

7-9, possibly 8-8 or even 9-7 ... same as it was to start the year.

We opened against a brutal schedule that in retrospect appears to be performing even better than I figured. I had us losing to the Eagles and the Colts, beating the Skins and Phins, and heading into bye at 2-2. For all the knock on Mario he was opening against 3 of the best OLs in the league and I hope that Smith's playcalling last game was a correction and not a fluke. We'll continue to improve under the new coaches and schemes and we hit a pretty butter soft stretch late in the year with Buffalo, Tennessee, the Jets, and Oakland, that will put us in a position to finish out the year at or just under .500. And possibly above, for that matter.

15. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I think we could end up somewhere between 1 to 13 wins this season.

Seriously though, I still refuse to make prediction due to the fact the D hasn't shown any consistancy at all. The O's still making mental mistakes to go along with a poor running game.

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Dallas...... we need to put Dunta on TO in the slot, get PBuch on the field to shut down the other recievers.

Jacksonville, I still see the sweep.

The only games I'm worried about, are NewEngalnd at NewEngland, and Indy at home.......

other than that, everything is going according to plan. 13-3

17. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

My initial feel was 5-11 and I'm not going to go away from that. I feel that we COULD end up with a better record but it's going to be hard. I don't think we're good enough to win the games we SHOULD win, yet.

@Dallas - L (but we NEED to win this one.)
    Jacksonville - L (we could win this one)
    @Tennessee - W
    @N.Y. Giants - L (I'm not sure about this one, now)
    @Jacksonville - L
    Buffalo - L (winnable)
    @N.Y. Jets - L (winnable)
    @Oakland - W
    Tennessee - W
    @New England - L
    Indianapolis - L
    Cleveland - W

So, worst case is my original estimate: 5-11. Best case, 8-8.

18. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

sticking with my 6-10 prediction.

19. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

No way Manning passes up a chance to put up easy numbers.

I went with 5-11.

20. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

I said 6-7 wins before the season. I'm changing that to 5-7 wins.