Now I really think conditioning is a problem

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gtexan02, Sep 19, 2006.

1. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Did you hear those quotes by Kubiak? He said that both Dayne and TJ were too tired to play the whole game last Sunday. He said that TJ was only good for 15-20 plays.

That is crazy! I mean, this is a pro football team and you are a pro athlete. How can you be too tired? Dayne only carried the ball a few times!

2. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

TJ I don't know about, other than the fact that he came to OTAs out of shape. Dayne on the other hand has only been with the team for two weeks, and he has been injured for about 3-4 I think (turf toe). He's just getting back into shape.

3. DayneBum

DayneBum Rookie

Dayne hasnt played in about 1 1/2 month.....He hasnt had no kind of conditoning problem his entire career.....He did failry well, and is capable of doing much more. He'll be fine dont worry. He has good work ethic, and he's all about the team. Look for a big game from him this weekend......

4. Houston_Fanatic

Houston_Fanatic Veteran

I hope so!

:redtowel:

p.s. seemed like Mario was sucking wind a lot, but maybe I am reading too much into this.

5. D-Vizzl

D-Vizzl Veteran

Did anyone get a good look at Dayne, I don't think he has ever been that big so if he got winded, I think I understand why.

6. DayneBum

DayneBum Rookie

he did look a lil bit heavier than usual. As the season goes along and if he doesnt have anymore set backs, i believe he'll back at 240, in a week or two....

7. Rightnow

Rightnow Veteran

I'm a little surprised that TJ is still getting winded so quickly. He must have been really out of shape coming in from the off season. He's shown some flashes though this season which gives me some hope that he will play like a first round pick by the end of the year.

Daynes has just been out of football for a couple of months.

8. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

I used to swim about 3-5 miles a day, but after a 50 yard sprint at a meet I'd be exhausted. The human body can only provide maximal exertion for a short time before it's short term energy supplies are depleted. The Colts offense spent alot of time on the field Sunday, I'm not surprised TJ had some problems.

9. jdog

jdog All Pro

Smokin' too much ganja...