Now do i seem ridiculous?????

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by swtbound07, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

For all of the people who have been slamming me when I said we should start rosenfels over carr, now do you at least admit it should merit consideration?? One Qb looked poised, made good reads and throws, and ran the offense crisply, and the other looked nervous, flustered, made bad throws, locked onto his primary target, and didnt run the offense well. Rosenfels should at LEAST be starting a preseason game, if not hop Carr on the depth chart.

2. wicked_wayz

wicked_wayz all blacks

carr had to deal with surtain and ty law......pro bowl corners

3. swtbound07

excuses, party of one, excuses.......

4. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Mr. SWTBound.... I believe you underestimate the mere lack of depth in the Chiefs secondary. I agree that Rosenfels looked most excellent, but against Surtain and Law? Not a chance.

Besides, Carr didn't look nervous at all. Were you even watching? I was there, and trust me.... he wasn't at all nervous. I was more nervous than he was. He made ONE bad throw, which was thankfully broken up by AJ.

Jeez, way to go talking smack so early in the mornin! Haha. You are wrong about Carr, but I agree with you about Rosenfels.... he deserves a starting position. Carr just deserves it more at the moment. If Carr starts to slip (which he wont), I am all for letting Sage start. I have always like him.

5. swtbound07

read the gameday thread...he should have been picked off at LEAST twice...Carr doesn't deserve squat.

6. pskinny

pskinny Veteran

Wow, a little sour over VY are we still? Carr had the ball for two possesions, The first one, he made two nice throws, and then the inability of A. Smith on two consecetive runs to pick up 1 yard left us punting.

On the second possesion, he made 1 bad throw that should have been picked off, another that was barely tipped or it goes for a 50 yard TD to AJ, and a fumble that he recovers and picks up the 1st on 4th and 1. Other than that, he makes some decent runs, and leads the team down the field for the first score of the game. He looked fine to me. Stopped wishing the guy to fail please.

7. AustinJB

AustinJB All Pro

I realize that Carr was playing against the 1st team defense and Sage was not...but I do have to say that I was very impressed w/ Sage. He showed poise and never seemed to be rattled; something I have yet to see from Carr. Carr did play decent though; just seemed to be a little nervous i.e. sailing the ball, indecisiveness.

8. BradK10

BradK10 Hall of Fame

Yes, you still seem ridiculous. Quit goin' out of your way to be such a damned potbanger.

If Sage Rosenfels is our starting QB, expect another top 3 draft pick. I love this time of year when folks start proclaiming exhibition game heroes as the saviors of our team.

SeƱor Stan likes this.

9. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Well Carr was in the game for one quarter against the Chiefs first string defense. Rosenfels was in the game in the 2nd and 3rd quarter against the Chiefs 2nd and 3rd string defense. I don't know if Rosenfels would have had the same success against the Chiefs if he were starting in place of Carr. I do think Carr would have had better success if he were facing the Chiefs 2nd and 3rd string defense though.

10. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Yes, you still seem rediculous. :tease: It doesn't matter who starts. It's preseason. :tease:

I haven't even seen any of it, so don't get all stupid and start taking me seriously. Maybe Carr does need to watch somebody else start for a change. I'm just glad we won the sack ratio 5 to zip. That's what matters to me.

11. wicked_wayz

wicked_wayz all blacks

it ant excuses .....i too thought sage had a good game but seriously how do you think sage will go against surtain and ty law???????

12. TexansLucky13

Read the thread... why? I was there. I saw all of his plays. Besides, I already read that, ahaha. The other play that they are referring to wasn't going to be picked, trust me.

You will not win this, SWTBound. Carr did not play like a chump. Kubiak will have some words for him, yes. But this kid played fine for his own part.

Just let it go, bro! You won't win unless Carr really does suck this year, which he won't. But if he does... you will have been correct. But tonight you are wrong. I have been waiting to argue this with you since I left the game tonight. I knew you would bring it up.

13. pskinny

pskinny Veteran

Did you watch the game or just read the gameday thread? One bad throw, the other was tipped. AJ was open.

14. swtbound07

I watched the game.

15. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Lucky jerk! :brickwall

16. Master Po

Master Po Veteran

I really hope that SWT doesn't have internet access.

17. TexansLucky13

You missed one of the most important games of the Texans franchise history, Jam! I can't believe it! :crying:

18. swtbound07

been there and came back.......07 was my anticipated graduation date friend.

19. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Ya know, I really don't even blame the TV stations. I blame the idiots who always decide to have the Cowboys and Texans play at the same time. That should NEVER happen, unless they're playing each other. Then, they'd both get televised--well, usually.

edit: Notice, it says "idiots". :)

20. swtbound07

Again i say...somebody sit here and tell me Sage had a worse game then Carr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.