Not to sound too negative

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Ihategeeks, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Ihategeeks

Ihategeeks Hall of Fame

But Ya'll are having a pretty crappy offseason. 2nd and 3rd for that waste of space from Oakland? Getting rid of any linebackers worth a darn. RESIGNING COREY BRADFORD.

You gotta think the life expectancy in Houston just dropped a full year.

2. jacquescas

jacquescas Hall of Fame

this coming from a team that has consistantly done worse than an expansion team in the last 3 years?

Consistancy is important in any team sport, and with the relatively young age of our team there are many players still improving. If we hadn't won more games than you since we came into the league we could use the crutch that we are an expansion team, but we don't need to, whats your excuse?

Don't forget we signed the Jamiacan Sensation Morlon Greenwood who will take over for Sharper, don't be decieved by the number of takles foreman and Sharper had over the last few years, the 3-4 defense funnels players to the inside linebackers, they can't help but get tackles. Notice Foreman is still on the market and Sharper signed a pretty small deal in Seattle.

Also maybe you shouldn't rip on another team when you have a castoff QB challenging for the starting job. You don't even have everything under center squared away, and charles rogers is a collarbone injury away from being a trivia question.

3. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

A 2nd and 3rd rounder in a weak draft for a proven game breaker is fine by me...

Foreman? Worth a darn? Sharper, who had similar stats to Foreman but made $5M per year more than him? Worth a darn? Sharper was probably "worth a darn", but he's easily replaceable...Wow, he gets a lot of tackles in a D that is framed around getting the ILBs tackles, big whoop...

OMG we gave Bradford a 1 year contract to be depth, we're screwed!!!11!!!!one!!!eleven!!

I mean seriously :dontknowa

4. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Not having won anything since 1957 must suck too.

5. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Don't you wish that Detroit would have had anyone BUT Erik Kramer as your QB when y'all played Washington (in the NFC Championship Game) in 1991.

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed you are 20 years old. You were hardly alive when they went to the Championship Game.

6. z0rpAn

z0rpAn Veteran

Hmm, I like his title though, "The Lions are Doomed "

7. WildBlackBear32

WildBlackBear32 All Pro

I'd be bitter if my team signed the Velvet Lion as well. BTW, I think that whole Charles Rogers/AJ thing is causing this cat to snap...sorta like Rogers' collarbone every season.

8. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

The Velvet Lion...watch me roar! *air scratchies*

9. Blu

Blu All Pro

I think were going to move Buchanon to Washington, we'll have to wait and see what happens! :thumbup

10. wags

wags Hall of Fame

Never heard that before, but it's funny as hell.

11. Vinny

12. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

LOL...that was good Vinny...nice timing.

13. Ihategeeks

Ihategeeks Hall of Fame

Anyway, Blu I hope thats true.
    2nd and 3rd pick in this draft could have been offensive line.

You were in position to take one of the best CB's in the first, and get top prospects on the line the rest of the way.

But trading these 2 picks for a CB that is ....well..average. I just don't get it. And rip on your LB's all you want. These were vets with proven production. Who is going to replace them? Chamberlin and Polk? Who? And Greenwood, his last year with the phins was the exception to the rule, not the norm. How are these positions going to be upgraded without any draft picks!

As for Bradford, well, I guess there wasn't much choice in that one. No one better, no one worse.

Jeff Garcia isn't going to start in Detroit, so I could care less. Our Backup has been to a probowl and the playoffs and is good for 7 games a year, I fail to see how that is a terrible thing to have. He's in his system, with his coach, with "hopefully" 3 talented targets in the passing game.

I just don't see why a team with alot of holes is trading multiple draft picks for 1 player, when they can get a better player with the first round pick. I would be pulling my hair out!

14. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

*shudders*

Vinny, please don't ever "do" anything like that ever again.

15. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Cause we dont have multiple holes :).. we have a couple of holes and a couple of depth issues.

CBs are important in our division.. and I think the Colts, Jags, and Tacks are in denial about Buchanan. Having a CB of Buchanans abilities playing nickle is going to make take our secondary from "very good" to "one of the best in the league"

our ability to cover is going to improve our pass rush.. especially with the speed we have been adding to our LBs. OLB MAY not even be a hole anymore because Peek may be able to start for us now that we have the improved coverage ability. Though we will have to see on that.

So.. really.. where does that leave us with a hole?

We signed bradford back.. so WR really isnt an issue anymore. Would be NICE to IMPROVE our WRs.. but it isnt going to hurt us if we dont. We still have DD Hollings and Wells so RB is not a hole.. but again it would be NICE to IMPROVE it.

Basicly.. we have no holes.. just places that it would be NICE to IMPROVE.

I would say we just gave ourselves a good chance of grabbing the wildcard this season.

16. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Right now it looks like Greenwood and Wong will play the inside. Greenwood adds speed and coverage ability that need Sharper nor Foreman possesses. I'm not sure if Wong will excell inside or be a stopgap, only time will tell.

17. Ihategeeks

Ihategeeks Hall of Fame

The Lions just sign Kevin Johnson

So I don't have much room to be critical anymore :coffee:

18. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

2nd rd pick and a 3rd for Buchanon = great deal....

2nd rd pick could have very well been a CB in the draft chosen by the Texans. So IMO, it was a 3rd for Buchanon...:twocents:

19. Vinny

aj reports that Capers was on the radio this morning and the Texans were in 5 DB sets in 44% of their defensive plays last year.

20. Doug

Doug All Pro

My take on the situation is that we give up a second rounder and a spare third rounder for a proven starter in the NFL at the cb position and use our first pick for whatever position (other than cb) our front office is exploring right now. You can't say we could've gotten a better cb in the first round because you don't know how any of those guys will do at the pro level, with P-Buck you do. Our guys know what tweeking and tuning is needed to make P-Buck a pro bowler. For several months I've seen alot of people on this board talking about our defense needing an attitude, excitement, etc. Between D-Rob, Peek, and P-Buck, it's a start. I think Babin will be entering this year with some fire as well. JMO