Not ready to give up on Carr

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Andrew6, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

Carr has a lot of potential, and I think he'll only get better with time. While yeah he did have a piss poor season it did look like one of the better seasons i've seen from him. Get David a decent line and a good running back and you've got one of the best qb's in the league.

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

The average NFL career is 3.8 years. How long do we continue talking about potential, at a premium price, beyond the career expectancy of someone who touches the ball on every single offensive play?

3. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

someone just needs to give him a jump start, kinda like in that dodge nitro commerical surely that will pick him up

4. SamuraiSword

SamuraiSword Veteran

Kubiak tried to give him a jump start. Do you remember when Kubiak benched Carr?? That was suppose to fire him up and that didn't even do it. Its time for a change...... :bubble:

5. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

ahh poor guy just needs a hug

6. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

You're right. We need to give him another 5 years before we can fairly evaluate him. :sarcasm:

7. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Carr gets to many hugs. Tough love in another address may be what he needs to realize the potential.

8. As long as it takes to get an offensive line where we can run the ball effectively and have some continuity. Then we need a couple of playmakers that can run after the catch and get after the ball. Show me this and then we can start in on the QB.

caddy likes this.

9. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

amen, I'd like to see him play but not just given the job to. Let him compete just like everyone else. If he is the best then let him start. I also agree that it is time to bring in a young qb from the draft and let him sit out a season and watch and learn the system.

10. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I think that the mere fact that he's getting special treatment from the organization is enough reason to turn him loose.

It isn't good for David and it isn't good for the rest of the team.

11. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

There's just too many hard feelings. There are way too many people that blame Carr for everything that has gone wrong, and there are way too many people that won't blame him for anything that has gone wrong.

Carr, the Texans, and the fans, need to cut the ties ands move on.

Whichever team that Carr eventually ends up with, I personally think it would downright hilarious if Carr came back to Reliant Stadium and lit us up, like Joey Harrington did to the Lions on Thanksgiving day, but the move has to be made first.

I've been a Carr fan from day one, and admittedly have made too many excuses for him, but for the good of the team, and for Carr and his family . . this divorce needs to happen.

12. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

I just don't like the QBs that are out there right now. I'm not seeing a long-term solution. So keep him for another year and see if a better qb comes out of the draft next year.

13. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

There doesn't need to be a long term solution. But for many people, Carr symbolically represents what is wrong with the Texans. If Carr is kept for another year, then that would represent to a lot of fans, rightly or wrongly, that the Texans aren't serious about correcting what is "really" wrong with the team.

The situation with Carr has degenerated to the point where keeping him on the team would be public relations problem. Too much resentment, too many hard feelings, too much damage.

14. OrangeCountyTexansFan

OrangeCountyTexansFan Veteran

Well, I agree IF we can get a running back that is good enough to take the pressure off of the passing game.
    Lynch, Lynch Lynch! (Because AP will not be there by the eighth pick in the first round.)

15. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I think that's true, for the most part. But if they continue to lose after dumping Carr, the fans will just point the finger somewhere else. They will never be satisfied until the Texans win. That's the bottom line, and frankly I'm in that category. I'm tired of the excuses. Do what you have to do and just win, baby.

16. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

yeah and while we are at it, he should get more WR's. i think we have heard these excuses for too long. not every great QB had the best offensive line, the best WR's, or the best running game. case in point: drew brees. didnt have the well known recievers but he made them into well known recievers. he did the same thing in san diego. me made a name for reche caldwell and antonio gates. he also knows how to use billy miller from time to time.

our line is not as bad as people make it out to be. people are too quick to throw the fault at the o-line for not blocking for carr.

17. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

yeah there isnt a long term solution, but even if it is a short term fix to help us win some games while we slowly develop the QB of the future that we draft, then im all for it. i think plummer gives us a better chance to win than carr. thats just my opinion. plummer went to the AFC championship game under kubiak. im not expecting plummer to be that good, but he would still be better than carr was last season. you can keep plummer long enough to develop a young qb, perhaps kolb.

i think us texans fans want to win right now. plummer isnt a long term fix, but he can suffice long enough for us to develop someone that can step in perhaps midseason or by 08 and be able to sustain some winning.

18. Let's try this again

Let's try this again Rookie

Maybe we need to give the O-Line and the RB's a decent QB:stirpot:

19. Texans Front Row Crew

Texans Front Row Crew Rookie

Signed,

Ryan Leaf & Tim Couch

20. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

i hope other teams think like you do.