Northern Iowa’s Terrell Sinkfield WR runs a blazing 4.19 40 at Minnesota’s pro day

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Luv_ya_blue, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Luv_ya_blue

Luv_ya_blue 1%er

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-runs-recordbreaking-4-19-141840831--nfl.html

:mcnugget:

Sure wish we had a QB that could throw it to him...
    4.19 doesn't help much if he's gotta stop at the 30 and backtrack to catch the ball. Just sayin'.

2. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

3. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

The article is not that long, so I guess I can just quote the whole thing:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22715473/gophers-pro-day-terrell-sinkfield-runs-4-19

Terrell Sinkfield played running back at Hopkins High School and hoped to play for the Gophers. Former University of Minnesota coach Tim Brewster didn't offer Sinkfield a scholarship, so he went to Northern Iowa, where he switched to wide receiver. Sinkfield created buzz at the Gophers' Pro Day on Monday, March 4, when word spread that he had run 4.19 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

Mitchel Chargo, Sinkfield's agent, said his client ran the 40 three times for NFL scouts, clocking 4.27 in the first run, 4.19 in the second and 4.44 in the third. Blame the 4.44, Chargo said, on Sinkfield tripping during his run.

Scott Studwell, the Vikings' director of college scouting, said he didn't have Sinkfield with any sub-4.3 times, adding, "He ran in the high 4.3s. He can run. He ran fast. He tested well."

Here is Sinkfield ...

On his 40 times: "I was trying to shoot for a 4.19. I knew it was good when I finished. The fastest I've done (prior to Monday) was 4.2. I was running 4.3s in high schools."

On being snubbed by the Gophers out of high school: "It was kind of like a dream to play for the Gophers. I pretty much came here with a chip on my shoulder. It was pretty much a plan since high school that I was going to come here (for Pro Day) and steal the show."

On his career at Northern Iowa: "I still don't think I played to my full potential at UNI because my first few years we had a running quarterback, and my last year we had a freshman."

On his hands: "They're good. I don't think I dropped any balls this year." (As a senior, he had 43 receptions for 494 yards and four touchdowns.)

On whether his Pro Day performance enhanced his stock with NFL teams: "I know my ability is good enough to be drafted. Once I get on that field, I know my ability will take over. Drafted or not, I know once I make a team and get in camp, I'm going to shine."

4. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

5. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

He'd have to stop and wait for Schaub's pass to catch up. He's also not even listed in the top 105 WR's, sounds like he should go pro in track.

6. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

1st round to Oakland.

7. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

:lol:

But No Al. :(

8. tru80texan

tru80texan Veteran

We always got Jerry Jones!:fingergun:

9. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Not even close to a 4.19.

10. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

11. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

Maybe Al Jr(Al's son or relatives) at Oakland FO? If so, you never know. It runs in family you know.