Nobody to Blame But Coaching and Oline

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CyberTexan, Sep 11, 2005.

1. CyberTexan

CyberTexan Veteran

This game was pethetic , the Coaching was terrible , twice we should have went for it on 4th down and didnt and the play calls where terrible , The Offensive Line was another big factor , I dont blame Carr one bit its hard to be a QB when the defense is always in your face , we need a Coaching change Bad and some Oline talent.

2. CyberTexan

CyberTexan Veteran

Maybe we should start a petition to get rid of Capers and take his Buddy Palmer with him , and gets some Offensive line talent as well :ok:

3. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

To be fair, we did take Bosselli and we did try to trade for Orlando Pace.

As far as coaching goes, I dont know why we decide to run the straight draw play when it is 2nd and 20 only to make it 3rd and 17??

4. touttail

touttail All Pro

I hear ya Goldeagle. I thought how stupid, 2nd and 20 and we run a draw with Double D.

bobby 119C :brickwall

5. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

What was sad Toutail, we did it twice lol!

6. CyberTexan

CyberTexan Veteran

Not too mention guys , not going for it on 4th and inches and also not going for it on 4th and 3rd with time against us ? we just gave up

7. Texan Ned

Texan Ned Rookie

It is the humble opinion of this Inaugural Season Ticket Holder that a move in the OC position should have been made after year 3. While a move at the HC postion may also need to happen, I believe that it is imperitive that a move with Palmer be made first. I wouldn't even be opposed to a move in the OC position during the season.

Overall, like so many of the last three years, the offense was inconsistent while the defense is left out ther to rot. Oh yeah, why, with 11 minutes to do you not go for it on 4th and inches??? If it keeps up like this, it will be a looooooooong season.

8. bpergrem3

bpergrem3 Rookie

You can’t blame the O-line today. This is all on Carr. He’s going into his 4th year and still can’t read a blitz. His decision-making is horrible.

9. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Right Ned.

As a fan who cannot afford Season tickets and has to scratch and claw on Ebay to get some, I have to say this year I will not be hunting Texans tickets.

10. CyberTexan

CyberTexan Veteran

It wasnt Carr geez , we knew they where blitzing almost every play he did too its just the Oline couldnt hold them back long enough for him to get rid of the ball Poor play calling and Oline simply put

11. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Ohhh I think the O-LINE cannot read a blitz

12. Elite

Elite Veteran

dont be a carr lover dude you know he sucks he's play proves it but what do you expect from someone that should of been a 4th round pick at best.

13. touttail

touttail All Pro

The CBS comentator even said that he couldn't believe the Texans were punting the ball with 5 minutes and some change left in the game, being behind.

bobby 119C :deadhorse

14. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Absolutly you blame the Oline. Their job is to give the QB some time to throw. A QB cannot throw from his back.

The play calling was another question. The first few series the bills stacked the line and we continued to try to run?! Its a miracle we were not shut out.

15. It's hard to put your finger on just a few things today, it was a full team effort implosion.

16. Colt .45

Colt .45 Rookie

Lots of blame to go around today.

17. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

if you see anywhere that Capers takes any of the blame for this game
    or doesn't mention--

--can't win w/turnovers
    -- " " w/no pressure
    -- "had a good game plan we just didn't execute"

....please post link

18. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

The WRs could not get open, or catch the ball, but at least our O-line made up for it by not blocking anyone lol

19. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Dude take off the Steel Blue glasses. Carr was pathetic. I mean horribly, incomaprehensibly, undeniably, awfully, terribly PATHETIC.

20. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

supposedly they were going to a quick passing offense, 3-step drop and then throw the ball. Carr was taking the 3-step drop alright, but then he would sit back there and shuffle his feet until he was sacked or started running. I wouldn't have had much of a problem with that if all of the options were covered, but Carr never looked to anyone but his first option. He would sit there and stare down his first option until he either got hit or took off running.

I had hoped that the coaches would do something to fix that, but obviously, they didn't or were not smart enough to notice that it was a problem in the first place.