No shock, yet!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Yankee_In_TX, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

So to me, everything is playing out exactly like I thought it would. Depsite all the "rumors" and "theories." IMO, next year has not been made or broken yet. For the next 2 months, I feel the 2007 season WILL be made or broken. We don't have enough picks (again!) to fill all of our needs. We cut players, we're trying to free some room. The Texans NEED to do something big in FA. Period. There are too many ways they could go to start listing players, all of which would increase our chances to win.

THEN, let the slams begin, how our "FO doesn't know what they're doing" or that Kubes or Rick Smith are idiots, etc.

QB is not a priority simply because we don't have enough assets/draft picks to fix QB and our other pressing needs. I honestly think with a solid line and a good running game we could tolerate Carr for either one more season or while we see if a late round QB pick is going to pan out.

Not sure why everyone is being so critical when nothing drastic or unexpected has happened yet. My $.02.

TEXANRED likes this.
  2. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

I don't know, but I'm not getting a good feeling for the new season.

3. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

well not sure what everyone was expecting...techniquely we have one of the worst cap situations in the league thanks to all the stupid contracts that casserly had signed...we have i think more dead money than any other team in the league...so there wasn't much room for this franchise to sign people...we're going to be doing what the patriots did last year...sign the second and third tier FA's and hope that they play well above expectations

4. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I'm opposite. I AM getting a good feeling about what might transpire over the next couple of months....Alas, I am a Texan fan and have been dissapointed before, but so far, I am getting a good vibe.

5. titan hater

titan hater Veteran

Why are you getting a good vibe? If LeLi (or what ever he calls himself) is the best we can do...be prepared for a long 2007...

6. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

Moulds was a shock to me. He was a solid #2 receiver, and for the first time last year I felt like the Texans had the right personnel for that part of the game. No need to look at receivers for another couple of years. Now the Texans are desperate for a #2 receiver.

Also, the Texans currently have their worst line ever and with a lot of question marks.

Feels like they are taking steps backwards instead of forwards.

7. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

According to Sporting News we have between 10-13 million under the cap. That's before Weigert, Payne and Moulds were cut.

There were plenty of teams with 3-10 million under left.

We're not as bad as some would think. We're not going to get the top tier unless we only want to sign one player, but we can fill some holes via FA with solid producers.

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Build a solid running game and a dominant defense in order to minimize the QB's role in games. It's going to be our only hope if Carr is our QB in 2007. He's not the type of player that can do more with less, and he's not one to inspire his teammates to play better through leadership. He is who he is, and we have to build a team that can win in spite of it all.

I'm already used to the idea, and will cheer accordingly. I'm a Texan.

9. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Here's my vibe. Who is going to be the #1 overall pick in 2008. :ok:

10. srstex

srstex Veteran

FA-LB Porter-Steelers,WR Horn-NO, Jake retired, these are just three good reasons to feel good about FA, players like the two that are not retiring, are out there to be had and if we can get in there early we could help ourselves alot.

11. Yankee_In_TX

We can only hope DB. Then in 08 or 09 when we have a decent team that wins in spite or Carr, imagine what would happen when we (have more money and fewer holes) get a real QB????

12. 2BCF

2BCF Hall of Fame

yawn...good for you dood.

13. Yankee_In_TX

I will do a dance at draft day if we plug our glaring needs now, have a 7 or 8 win season, and draft a QB #1 (hopefully not overall, lol) in 2008.

(though I THOUGHT that's how we'd be going into the 2007 draft :()

14. OrangeCountyTexansFan

OrangeCountyTexansFan Veteran

Who has the No.1 pick again? My brain hurts.

15. Yankee_In_TX

We're about 16 games away from knowing that one :)

16. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

ya heard of Darren McFadden [​IMG]

17. Texan_Bill

I'm resigned to the fact that it will be a long 2007 season anyway. We have / had way too many holes to fill, to seriously contend for anything this year, but you got to start somewhere. I know that doesn't sound very positive, but we've been in the cellar our entire existance and so any changes are welcomed.

The vibe is coming from a second year coach starting to clean house, dump players.

By the way, no I wouldn't be terribly excited about picking up Lelie but shoot, it's only the beginning of being able to start talking to FA's with a couple of months to go. (personally, I would rather talk to Joe Horn, way older, but way more productive last season)

18. LoneStarState

LoneStarState Veteran

This year's 5-11 record is brought to you by "dead money" and "no room under the salary cap"...

19. NATHANHALE

NATHANHALE Veteran

20. Texan_Bill

:stirpot:

QB is why our defense cant stop anybody.... j/k