No-penalty pledge signed by Cowboys after some miscues

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Wolf, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cowboys-penaltypledge&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I like this. I was so peeved after the one taunting penalty before half last week. Stuff like that can cost you a game, a playoff spot, a division, etc. That could have been 3 huge points. It may seem college like but I'm sure it is in their head now.

3. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

every team should sign these. that way there will never be a penalty ever again!

bah007 likes this.
  4. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

They should sign "no drug"/ "no indictment" pledges.

5. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

those darn Cowboys are always on the cutting edge of new theories and technologies.

6. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

They should make TO sign a "don't be an a$$hole" pledge

7. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

TO is not an asshole is is the whole F'n ASS.

8. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

TO? What has he done lately for such a title. Every time I've seen him, he appears to be an excellent team player, elated to be a Cowboy, and quite friendly with the media and the community. TO and Randy Moss seem to be the most team friendly men in the league. Help me to understand the opinion.

9. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

He plays for the Cowboys. That's all that is needed for some Houston fans apparently.

Plus his past plays against him.

10. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

I have to agree with something Bradshaw said after watching Pam (God She's Gorgeous) Oliver's interview with him. Terrell used "I" , "me", "my" and "mine"and but not "we", "us" or "our" at many points in the interview. The reason T.O. is getting along so well with the Cowboy organization is because Romo is in love with the man and uses ANY excuse to throw the ball to him. T.O. wants the ball on every play and Romo damned near gives it to him an every play. The Girls tried that $hit when they played New England and the Pats made the needed adjustments. T.O. is media friendly because it allows him to talk about how great he is. For the record, I don't think he's an "@sshole" or a "F-N' @hole" I'm of the opinion he's a COMPLETE AND TOTAL F-N' @sshole!"

11. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Like him being wide open behind all the defensive players? Wow. Romo is gay.

12. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

how dare he.

13. StarStruck

Cool, whatever makes your day! Apparently I missed the interview referenced. The one I saw was highly complimentary of his teammates after acknowledging God first.

14. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

The one I saw he had his shirt off, the better to make sure everyone saw the wonderful body God gave him first.

15. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

When did he find God? Was it before or after he called Garcia gay? After he destroyed the Eagles team or after he over dosed on pills?

Just because he is not acting like a fool this season does not make up for all of his past nor being a cowgirl and on a winning team does not make up for everything he has done in his past.

16. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I'm pretty sure that TO had to work at least a little bit to get in the shape he is in.

17. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

This is a complete waste of paper......I think I signed something similar in 2nd grade, where I pledged to be a good boy. I'm sure Jerry has some small print in it somewhere stating something on the lines of giving their souls to the devil for a Super Bowl win.

18. StarStruck

When isn't important. The important thing is that he said that he did. FWIW, the bible is full of before and after believers, and seems the after is what turned out to be important to believers thousands of years later.

Back to football. TO worked with Garcia and know a heck a lot more about him than I do. It sure hasn't been hard for some people the refer to Romo as Homo. Do they have more inside info than TO did in SF? So the Eagles team and success were dependent on TO? That's giving the one man a lot of power. However, I do admit as an injured player he put more effort into the Super Bowl game than his teammates and coach.

He said the overdose of pills was an accident. I will leave it at that. Oh, but thank goodness he survived. I find it so hard to imagine football with TO, not to mention the talent he was about to bring to a team of second chances, the one who is inclusive, not exclusive. That alone is enough to become a changed individual.

I know for some, he will never do enough to "make-up" for the animousity that is so deep, that's life and people. Some will move forward, others will dig and scratch and spend endless hours to keep negativity and hate alive and well.

I hope that both TO and Moss will go on and have Hall of Fame careers and find team unity and happiness in the proces.

:)

19. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

I wouldn't say they are on the cutting edge, more like people are so far up their butts they have to report every little detail. I'm sure other teams do similar things.

20. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

If he's open give him the ball but here's the thing. Not every play is drawn to favor a given receiver. It's nice that Homo has a go-to guy, but I GAURANTEE that if they make it to the play offs (and they will) SMART defenses will make them have to rely on Witten more and that will piss T.O. off and we'll go back to the Terrel Owens show...AGAIN! Besides this is a MOOT point because the NFC is weak compared to the AFC as evident my the point differentials when AFC teams have play NFC teams this year. IF the Cowgirls make it to the Superbowl (and I doubt they'll beat the Packers) they'll only be CRUCIFIED by either the Patriots, Colts or Steelers. Suck it up.