No national press?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by euro-Texan, Sep 19, 2011.

1. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

Let me start by stating that until we beat _______ or win ____ number of games or make it to the playoffs etc., but the Patriots practically got their own national holiday for beating the Phins last week. Why are we such an afterthought? I'm glad I can get Houston media through my smart phone, because I would never know about the Texans otherwise. Unless they lose that is, then the media is all over them.

2. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Because the handful of plays that led us to being utter failures for the past like, four years have burned them too many times.

How much press could a team that's done nothing for years get, anyway? Shouldn't we be satisfied that people are picking us to win the division?

3. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

What about Detroit or Buffalo? E-spin can't get enough of them.

4. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Detroit is flashy and they haven't burned them as much as we have. Buffalo is a nice surprise who played in a fantastic game yesterday.

5. rush2112mn

rush2112mn All Pro

I beg to differ....

They did a whole segment on ESPN pregame talking about the Texans with Bill Parcells....he had some good things to say. ESPN as a whole has had some positive things to say about the Texans this year....

As far as yesterday.....they are always going to look at the "dramatic" wins....like the Atlanta vs Eagles....or Oakland vs Buffalo games and spend the most time because those were so back and forth.....

Drama will always get more tv time than one like ours yesterday.......

6. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

I didn't see that. I was watching the CBS pregame. Good to know. I guess I'll take this over the drama we had last year. All of last years drama was bad other than the Finnigan whooping.

7. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Be patient. We were 2-0 last year, remember?

We beat the Saints and go 3-0, people will start talking. But if they don't, you'll know why they weren't.

:thinking:

8. welsh texan

welsh texan Lest we forget

Does it really matter?

In fact I'd go so far as to say its probably a good thing. The Texans are still (after all these years) a growing team that hasn't actually achieved anything. Better to be creeping up on the inside rail unnoticed than having everyone piling pressure on a group that has yet to achieve its potential.

chicagotexan2 likes this.

9. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

If we win, I can almost bet the tag will read, "What's wrong with the Saints?" or something which implies it as a Saints loss vice Texan's win. I'm not sure we win this game though. I like our odds, but this is a good match-up and should favor the home team. We're not going to sneak into anymore wins. Even if the press ignores us, opposing teams will not. This should be a really good game

10. Texans34Life

Texans34Life I BLEED TEXANS!

Don't need it. Just need the press when we're playing in the playoffs.

11. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

I hope the Texans are doubted, and shown no respect all the way to the playoffs. This is a young team, and I don't want them starting to believe good press. I'd rather have them with the feeling that they have something to prove all season.

12. DX-TEX

DX-TEX Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Because Matt Schaub isnt sexy enough.

13. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

I'm not sure if it's a bad thing to have confidence and believe you're the best. I agree that some teams/player let things go to their heads, but it beats them going into games thinking they will blow the lead and lose.

14. Perki-Perk

Perki-Perk DieHard Texan!

When did football fans become a bunch of whiny bitches?? I think this seriously says something about the parenting ability of most of the parents that raised kids in the 80's and 90's. WE'VE ONLY PLAYED 2....T W O regular season games this year with a history of let downs and sloppy play. If I were the media, I'm looking the other way till about week 16 and Texans already have a playoff spot locked up. I can't believe how whiny some of you are. Have you ever had to earn anything?? Or did you grow up in The Woodlands or the Bellaire area?

I am a HUGE Texans fan, but still skeptical. It won't be until about week 6 and if we come out of there 5-1 that I'll start saying...hmm, maybe the Texans got it going on this year. I still wear my jerseys, still fly my flags from my car, but there's no way I'm going to seriously buy in on this teams new winning ways until they actually do some real winning. We are basically the Saints prior to 5 or so years ago right now. Have patience and have your mommy change your diaper and make you a nice bah bah for crying out loud!

\rant

15. dinkatoid

dinkatoid Veteran

During the ESPN pregame show they had Parcels and 1 other guy (I can't remember who) talk a moment about our team. Overall, like others said, it was pretty positive. The general reaction was that we were a good team, but the D was still a work in progress. Said to give it till December or so and you will see a much more formidable team.

16. hadaad

hadaad All Pro

I don't think we've snuck into any wins this season at all. Probably not last year, either.

17. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

That is sooooo gay! LOL....seriously GAY. Like he'll give you a reach-around GAY. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm just sayin'.

18. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

19. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Seriously. :kitten:

20. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Supermodel headbands are killing pro-football. :butterfly: