No More Getting Upset For Me

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gary, Nov 24, 2009.

1. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I'll continue to watch the Texans and cheer them on but I am done with being upset or showing any emotion for any of my favorite sports teams after years and years of heartbreak being a Houston sports fan. We all should be because it's only a game and none of us have any money invested in the team besides season tickets if you have any. Stop buying them untill this team wins football games. I used to get angry and even scream at my T.V. all for not. I will keep on speaking my mind about my team but getting upset about something that is way beyond my control just simply is not worth it anymore nor was it ever. I watch games and cheer for my team have fun doing so and enjoy the game regardless of the outcome that's all. The is really what being a fan is all about no bring angry no picking fights with each other either here an the message board or anywhere. Life goes on and we willl wake up the next day and move on and look foward to the next game and the cycle goes on just like the water cycle. It is about basic fanhood for me from now on without all the extra stress that goes along with it and I hope it becomes this way for all of you. It just makes the games much more easy going on our health and a lot more fun to watch IMO. All that being said, GO TEXANS

Farough likes this.
  2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I'm still gonna get all pissed off....its just how I rollz. :clown:

3. gary

gary Hall of Fame

You have your rights master Vincent.

4. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

When you invest a lot of time into something and things turn bad, it's just human nature to be angry, sad, frustrated etc.. however, I try to keep things in perspective when I find myself becoming like that. After all, it's just a game, right?

Keep your head up Gary, you're an inspiration to us all.

5. gary

gary Hall of Fame

You put time in but you are not made to.

6. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Bull. It's all about wins. McNair... Go get me some super bowls or I'll be givin' ya a wedgie.

:fans:

Seriously though... message boards really do bring out meanness in people. I agree with ya there. Seems like people on message boards entered a competition for who can dish out the most sarcasm. It sucks. I want to talk football sometimes but get mocked or even implied that I'm stupid. It's ridiculous.

You need to get yourself back on that bandwagon full throttle, Gary. We can't lose you too. Getting our hearts broken is part of the game and life.

:fans::fans::fans::fans::fans:

7. Vinny

I was talking to Darrell earlier and we were laughing at the guys taking this way too seriously. Bottom line is that this is a hobby for all of us. I sat through back to back 1-13 Oiler seasons and nothing in my life changed good or bad...same here during the Texans formative years. That doesn't mean I won't find something sarcastic to say about Kubiak's brilliant game planning. :roast:

8. gary

gary Hall of Fame

That's all I'm saying doesn't change a darn thing.

9. Vinny

so that means you will hang in there and say something really stupid with me? You can watch the master if you prefer.

We don't mind lurkers. :snowday:

gary likes this.
  10. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Probably so but all in fun not out of anger. Have some rep.

11. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

It doesn't matter how bad or good they are, I'll be watching them every time they are on TV.

pardon me for bringing up our past team, but I watched the Oilers back in their worst days. They went 1-13 two years in a row, I was still watching. Sometimes you just had to laugh at them. Of course back then I was also smoking that illegal stuff, so I was laughing at everything.

Then Earl Cambell came along and the days of glory began. Never paid off with a Super Bowl though. I learned then that it doesn't matter if the rest of the league, the country, or sports writers respect a team or not, or what anyone says, if you don't bring home a Super Bowl trophy you don't get to be the darlings of the media. The Texans don't get a lot of respect right now, and they won't until they put togeather some great seasons. That's just the way it is with the sports media, and probably as it should be.

So, I'll just continue to watch the Texans and probably spend far to much time on this board making ridiculously uninformed posts. Maybe on my death bed I'll watch them win a Super Bowl as the aliens land their spaceships and save the Earth. :)

12. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Thanks Nitro.

13. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Gary you have learned an important lesson that I learned watching Phi Slamma Jamma lose to NC State . Invest yourself but don't let it control you , it's all in fun and gives us something to talk about . Heck we would have never met if it wasn't for the Texans and who would have started the TMac fan club . :bubbles:

There will come a day sooner than later where our Texans will make us proud and it will all be worth it .

14. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Amen to this.

15. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

I think everyone's overreacting a little to this loss. Everyone will be all jacked up again when they play Indy on Sunday, and if they win that game, a win against the Jags can put them right back in the thick of things, and everyone will be emotionally invested again.

We're Houston football fans. It's what we do. The Texans can lose their next ten games, and my level of fandom isn't going to change. I'm not saying that's a positive thing, it just is what it is - to steal a sports cliche.

Thorn likes this.
  16. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Yes this.

17. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Which is why when I threw my old phone, I felt like a five year old girl who doesn't get her way almost immediately afterwards. "Why the hell am I doing this? It's just a game." I then turned off the TV and opened up TexansTalk to vent and make fun of Kubiak.

18. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Good post. And as you alluded to, it’s our job as fans (it’s in the job description for Sports Fans), that we overreact to any and everything. :)

19. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

^^^This.... And at the very least, we're not Chicago Cubs fans. *sorry Jen*

20. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

I feel your pain I decided that in the Third Qaurter of the game!:fans: