No Love for Quin?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TimeKiller, Nov 30, 2010.

1. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    3 Interceptions?

Did I miss the party?

As far as I can remember back (which I'll admit, I wasn't always a huge fan) this is the first hat trick by a Texans defender. Aaaaaaaaand there isn't even a thread about anything other than Innegin. Not even an "OH SNAP we play the Eagles in 2 days. **** YOU QUIN we ain't got time to celebrate!!!" thread.

Well....here's to you GQ. Got Peyton picked and a receiver played DB better than Brice McCain, dropped that first one. Got annihilationalized in Jacksonville when the INT was ripe for the picking. Been so close.

And then how down you must've felt after that....when the game fell in the last seconds over your head in New York....

SO F'ING WHAT IF IT WAS RUSTY SMITH?!?!?! IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT THE TACKS SCREWED THEIR OWN SITUATION UP!!!!

3 INTERCEPTIONS!!!

WITH A BROKEN HAND!!!

2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Yeah, rep to Quin. Probably wasn't a big deal because of the QB. However, if not for Quin the game isn't a shut out any longer.

3. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

I'm happy for Quin. I think he got to reset to 0 and go from here now.

He was -3 or so in Karma, luck, whatever you want to call it...got 3 pics so went up +3 to set it to 0. So let's go from there.

The fight just enveloped everything. But love for GQ for sure.

I wish KJ could have got some pics and love too.

TimeKiller likes this.
  4. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

5. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Go back and look at Cushing's reaction after the 3rd pick. Kind of funny.

6. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Props to Quin, but where was he when the season was still within reach?

Sorry to sound Debbie downer-ish, but I'm frustrated. It's like groundhog day. I'm frustrated with the Texans the same time of year every year.

7. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Quin had a fantastic day. A fantastic day against a very poor QB. Let's see what happens against Vick now. If he can have another great day against a really good QB then we'll all sing his praises.

8. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

Hey Debbie, we are 1 game back, Bill hasn't sung yet.

9. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

He's been singing to me for the past couple weeks. Dude won't get out of my head. Especially looking at the division's remaining schedule. Ours is the toughest by far.

10. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

No doubt about that, and who do you think Vick is going to pick on this Thursday?

11. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Our entire defense

12. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Hey!! WTF??? :foottap:

13. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

You are correct but here is why and I speak only for me and probably my mock draft partners with whom I've exchanged pm's recently;

1. 3rd string QB or not it was a hat trick and he was in range of another not too long before. Even better for me is Quin was in proper position for most of game. Why did he fall apart this season after having a decent rookie season? Was it coaching? Was it because KJ was drafted? I tend to think Quin has the skills to be a decent #2 Corner and that frustrates me if he did indeed slack off prior to this game regardless of the reason.

2. Broken hand ..oohhh that reminded me of a free safety that went to pro bowl as an alternate with his hand in a cast and then was released next season.

3. AJ fight. Yeah it was encouraging to see AJ defending himself and the fans defending AJ. But all the little comments by some posters of how they would beat Finnegan up, etc seemed a bit childish or like the rubber neckers one sees ogling bodies on the ground and munching popcorn as they drive slowly past. Call the dude a punk or whatever and then move on for pity sake.

TimeKiller, this team has me really losing interest in their play. Quin prior to Titan's game is one reason why. I think I personally needed a shut out this game as much as the players did. Nothing has changed my sliding opinion of the coaches. I hope we see a very strong game from Texans against Eagles.

14. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I truly wanted his and Dile's autographs a few weeks ago.

He made a bad play, big deal. Our franchise has had plenty of bad plays.

It's really hard to judge our secondary because of the defensive unit as a whole and coaching.

It scares me a lot of young CB's have 1 or 2 good years then STINK.

As long as he's a starter on our team, he's a starter on our team.

15. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

Lol, good thing this is on the NFL network and I can't subject myself to the pain of it all!

16. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

I'm still not over our last two losses. He had a good game, maybe he can string together 5 more.

17. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

Hey, if you still need an oxygen tank, that's up to you. But....good games gotta start somewhere right? Unless the opposing QB is a ball machine you can be excited for a young player having a career (so far, hopefully) day. Hell, maybe having a chance to figure what to do/what it feels like to make a play sets him off against uh..."real" competition.

This thread should contain nothing about how much they've sucked, how much they might suck, suck, supersuck or megasuck.

Just give the guy some props. YOU ALL gave him hell when he deserved that. So did I. He deserved it. Guess what he deserves now? At least a compliment (and not a backhanded compliment).

Hey, GQ, nice 3 INT game. Can't believe NOBODY mentioned it.

drs23 likes this.
  18. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

Look how many views this thread has with a pitiful number of replies and even less respect for GQ's game.

You know what I'm losing faith in?

The ability for any of you to be happy about something. 3 ****ing interceptions in one game gets less run than 3 fists to a punk's head. 3 INT's and you garner about 1.7 compliments. We're all happy to see Innegin get what he had coming but really....to the point that NOBODY can say "attaboy"?

Shameful.

19. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

Attaboy.

Hopefully he doesn't start next year because they address the awful secondary in the offseason.

20. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    Attaboy +1

I dunno, some think he'd make a good FS.