No Jacoby Jones On Offense 'Till The Game Was Over?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DexmanC, Nov 29, 2009.

1. DexmanC

DexmanC Hall of Fame

What kind of BS coaching move was that!!?? He TORCHED the Colts
    in the first game!

2. TexansBlood

TexansBlood The CUSH!

3. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

ya i dont understand it either... i was wondering were he was on monday night too.. oh well.. kubiak should be gone after this season

4. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

He was injured and inactive on Monday Night.

As for today, I have no idea what Kubiak was thinking. No one knows. That's why we need a new coach...

5. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

Doesn't everyone on this board want him cut?

6. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

We did until Jacoby started living up to his rookie preseason hype.

7. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I just figured he was still unhealthy until he was making big plays after the game was out of reach. Then I decided it was another terrible coaching decision to not play one of your playmakers until garbage time.

8. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

Yah then all of a sudden he's back on kickoff returns as well.. after simpson broke 1123124234 tackles for a TD. wtf?

9. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

No ryan moats either

CHris brown is trash IMO

10. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

There are LOT of little reasons that Kubiak needs to go, and this is one of them. He obviously sticks with Walter because he is such a hard worker, etc., but you have to use the guys who give your team the best chance to win. I like KW too, but that's just a fact. JJ AND AD have become more productive receivers than KW, but Kubiak favors work ethic over actual production.

11. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I wouldn't say Brown did so bad, but you're right that Moats has been screwed over. It's ANOTHER bad personnel decision by Kubes.

12. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

He still could have been in there for the 3 WR sets

DAVID ANDERSON people Bench his ass

and have

AJ JJ and KW

but iam not JJ fan tho i think He should be cut anywayz after this year

13. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

A pass blocking decision, although I think that his positive runs probably outweigh his blocking deficiency.

14. GP

GP Go Texans!

I'm wondering if it's racism.

I've been quiet about it all season long, but the undying and unwavering support Kubiak announced of Kris Brown and the absolute hardcore dedication he has for the Walter and Anderson Show vs. Jacoby Jones, who I swear must have killed Kubiak's pet kitten or something, is bizarre.

It begins to be a deal of "How is it that this one guy on our team continues to make big plays, yet he sees the field so very little?"

This is probably THE one thing that angers me the most.

The BEST players are NOT on the field, which defies logic.

Kubiak is stubborn to a fault. Arrogant. Prideful. Vindictive.

IMO, he's lost this team. They tried to rally around him. They tried to put this sort of stuff behind them, trying to look past the same "WTH?!?" thoughts that we have all had around here, and ultimately I think the Kubiak era has come and gone.

15. GP

GP Go Texans!

Let's not even get into Larry Johnson going 22 rushes for 107 yards.

That's almost 5 yards a carry.

Kubiak is a dumbass.

16. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

Cut? Should we ever decide to let him go, at least trade would be wise decision don't you think? Personally, JJ is starting to play like he was expected to when we drafted him. (But, no fumbling please)

Oakland love speedy WR you know.(Look who they drafted (-。-)y―・~~) Who knows Crazy Al may give us 1st rd for JJ. :spin:

Go Texans!!!

17. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Honest to God GP sometimes you make me want to shoot my pc when you come up with this kind of crap. Geeeezzzzz GROW UP!!

JJ and Moats are both injured. JJ's MOM chats with us every Sunday and she said so herself, and BELIEVE me, this is one MOM who knows all about her son. As for Moats, I read that either on the MMB or in the paper, can't remeber which. Something to do with his foot, I think.

I guess to YOU we have a losing team because we don't have a Black QB by the name of VY!!!! Think I'll go puke!!

JB and Kaiser Toro like this.
  18. New_Texans

New_Texans All Pro

Kubiak needs to go...his time here is done. This team has the talent to have already won 8 games this year by now but we havent because we've shot ourselves in the foot with penalties and bad playcalls....aka coaching. Kubiak is done here no more sugar coating it...no more.

19. GP

GP Go Texans!

Wow.

A.) I NEVER wanted VY at any point. And still don't. So there goes THAT theory.

B.) Who the hell cares if JJ is injured? Even when he's not, he doesn't get the opportunity he deserves. He's had more TD catches in one season (this one) than David Anderson has had his whole career here.

C.) Kevin Walter and David Anderson. Are we seriously going to stake THIS team's future on THESE two guys? Outside of AJ and OD, the best we can throw out there is Walter and Anderson? LMAO. I guess if we need that 5-yard curl route to win the game, then those two guys are AWESOME!!! Except, oh wait a second, I forgot...we play in the AFC South where you better hit home-runs or die the same damn death that we continue to die every time we play the Colts and Titans. Those two teams GET IT. We don't.

D.) Two black guys who have fumbling problems get their butts chewed and sat down, but kris Brown screws the pooch two weeks-in-a-row and here comes Kubiak making very public displays of affection about his devotion to Kris Brown.

Congratulations to SheTexan for having an aneurysm on the board because I dared to say that things look curiously out-of-place.

If it isn't some favoritism toward the two slow white guys and the one white guy who botched BIG kicks to potentially help this team win TWO games-in-a-row, then what the blue-blazes is the reason for JJ not being on the field the whole game alongside AJ. Especially with OD out for the year?

This Kubiak fella' should be on the receiving end of your temper tantrum.

20. GP

GP Go Texans!

Agreed.

He should be done after the end of the season.

His divisional record should have seen a huge upward swing this season, sweeping the Titans/Jags and at least splitting the two with the Colts. But he couldn't do it. He just couldn't find a way to get it done.

And now it looks like the players have given up. They, too, tried to pull through for old coach Kubiak. But they haven't received the vision and leadership that they should have.

Kubiak stopped the bleeding that Capers had created. But now we need someone who can honestly see what that next step is, and go forward with the PLAN to take down opposing teams. Especially in our own division.