No excuses

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by El Tejano, Sep 1, 2005.

1. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

This team is not ready for the season. Carr is playing like Ragone the last time we played the Bucs in the regular season, the Oline is still gone from existence-the reason they haven't given up a sack is because Carr throws an int., defense forgot how to tackle and noone is ready to play football.

I am asking someone to please tell me this is just preseason. Please tell me that. It is still no excuse for two INTs in the first quarter and only 4 yards of offense. I believe that any hopes of an improved offense are out of your mind until this team gets its act together. Everyone here knows I am as positive of a fan as they come, but this is by far the worse display of football I have ever seen. Someone please pop in an inaugural season video because you will be more happy looking at that team than this one.

:goodnight

2. scott

scott Rookie

agreed

3. southtexan

southtexan Veteran

I'm as frustrated as you are, let's wait and see what happens during the regular season. No crees?

4. ROYDESTROY

ROYDESTROY Rookie

Finally some honesty..last week it was excuses but now it is exposed...trouble ahead quick IMO

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

After this performance.... My prediction of 7-9 is a bit too nice , They are playing like a 5-11 expansion team tonight :texflag: I know , I know , its only pre-season but there is just no excuse for this kind of play :embarrass

6. southtexan

southtexan Veteran

This is a preseason game, no big deal.

7. southtexan

southtexan Veteran

And we will have a better record that the cowgirls. :texflag:

8. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

They had a hiccup. Remember who dont win or lose the superbowl in August. You do win or lose your division in August. You do not gain a berth to the playoffs or lose it in August. Do not rag on a team which has not lost a game this season. Did they not look good, sure, but past perfromance is not a guarantee of future performance. If it was, the stock market(and football) would be easy to predict.

9. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

LOL @ people getting worried cuz of this game.

[sarcasm] OH NO!!! WE'RE GOING 5-11!! THE SKY IS FALLING!! :crying: [/sarcasm]

10. Crank_It_Up

Crank_It_Up Veteran

that's ok, no jerry = happiness :)

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

THE SKY IS FALLING .... not hardly but my expectations sure have :crying:

Ive been saying they look bad from the begining of training camp and had figured 7-9 would be about as well as they could do this season .... i just lowered my expectations a bit after the past two weeks of Carr and the first team offense doing absolutely nothing . 9 yards and two turn overs in one quarter is unacceptable .... pre-season or not.
    I have been one of the few who have defended Carr lately ..... no need to defend his performance tonight , he did that himself . :goodnight

David .... Lead , follow or get outa the way :texflag:

12. rockabilly

rockabilly Veteran

For gods sake, look what Chris Simms was able to do. 3 TD's. Im a huge Texans fan and will be one till I die or they cease to exist.....but I am not liking what I am seeing out there. Capers is fine in my book...but Palmer needs a boot. Carr is giving me second thoughts - and I like the guy.

13. ROYDESTROY

ROYDESTROY Rookie

It appears it is a big deal..two straight horrible outings..usually translates..stop being a
    :homer:

14. ROYDESTROY

ROYDESTROY Rookie

Charlie=lOSSES :)
    OR
    dAVID=interceptions

You guys are up to year rears in Dog Poo..horrible play

15. ROYDESTROY

ROYDESTROY Rookie

No way on earth you will...you lose in preseason and based on your poor play you will lose in the regular season.

Dallas is on the rise your club is going down quick. Read the site Homer..most your fans admit this fact.

I will be back with special messages for you in week one when Buffalo's Defense kills your Texans. :fishing: :rolleyes:

16. TexHorns

TexHorns Veteran

Good post.

I think it is more the WRs fault than Carrs. Yeah he looks jittery but what can you expect when your WRs are dropping everything. I am not trying to defend him blindly I know he made some bad decisions tonight.

17. WEll I keep telling myself it's only preseason and Capers has never shown much there. This first game will tell alot. Do they have heart? Do they have the speed to win now? Can they handle a tough D?

18. ROYDESTROY

ROYDESTROY Rookie

I am really not a TROLL but can you honestly buy this homer crap..If I were a Texan fan I would be looking for answers not making excuses..:)

19. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I agree with the announcers. It's the hurricane that's got them playing bad. :rolleyes:

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

The Saints played better .......... :goodnight