No Chance At Playoffs Or Winning Season

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by jbctexansfan, Sep 11, 2005.

1. jbctexansfan

jbctexansfan Noob

Let me start by saying I have never posted comments on any message board or called in to talk radio. I have been a season ticket holder since the beginning of the team. Today I finally came to the realization that Chris Palmer and David Carr aren't the answer. I have supported them whenever many fans gave up on them late last year. Is Carr a great guy? Yes.... Is he a great spokesperson for the team? Yes.... Is he a great role model? Yes.... Is he going to lead us deep into the playoffs or a Super Bowl? No... Is Palmer even an average Offensive Coordinator? No... He wasn't good at Cleveland and he isn't better for us. It's bad when I can sit on the couch and call our next 3 offensive plays from the couch. I had to laugh at times today to keep from crying.

Now many of you are going to blame the offensive line. While I agree that they are part of the problem, Carr can't find the open receivers on the rare occasions when they block for him.

I will continue to support this team because I think they will eventually get it right. The money and support from the top of the organization is there and it will eventually happen. I just hope changes are made at the end of the year.

I thought it was a great pick when they drafted Carr. I never agreed with Chris Palmer as the choice for Off. Coordinator. It's time to realize that neither are the answer.

2. cougarmike

cougarmike Rookie

I stand corrected Texans with 7 wins, but still Palmer couldn't dig himself out of a 3 inch hole in the ground. I still like Carr and think he still has the talent and guts- look at the number of sacks--like you I can call better plays and I'm not a math teacher..just science :penalty: :tomato:

3. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Welcome to the club brotha. This team is not going anywhere with this coaching staff and/or Carr at the helm. Hopefully this is blatantly obvious after yet another gutless effort by this team.