niner fan checkin in

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by dsdamaged, Dec 19, 2005.

1. dsdamaged

dsdamaged Rookie

hello guys, and gals been reading your posts its almost like being on my own message board, its amazing how alike the topics and problems are for us. sound familiar....o-line that can sometimes adequately run block but poor pass blocking a QB who spends more time running for his life than finding a reciever, posters who welcome a loss to stay in the bush race? congrats on grabbing reeves, our own local media are scratching their heads wondering why we didnt make that move as we have no football minds in the front office. anybody else find it ironic that bush,s last game will be a calif vs texas game? its tough bein at the bottom of the barrel hopefully both our teams can make it a better season next year. you want to hear a funny one? one of our local radio sportscasters wondered out loud the other day , what the rule is on throwing a challenge flag on a successful play. he wondered if it was legal to challenge say a touchdown against you guys at the end of the year.. yes we are that bad that our local media make fun of us. good luck no matter how this all turns out. hopefully next year neither of us will be in a position to care who the best pick in the draft is. i assure you that like many here and on my own board i dont advocate losing on purpose. good luck in january may the best team that day really win.:redtowel:

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Best of luck to you in losing, winning, strength of schedule? :confused:

3. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I sincerely hope, for the health of both franchises, that y'all get Reggie Bush. Good luck to you :)

4. I honestly feel that we can win against the Jags. We've had a season now to work out our kinks with new player personnell and transitions. They seem to be working as a unit now that the heat is on.

5. Honch Delgado

Honch Delgado Veteran

Good luck to SF, on landing the 2nd pick in the draft.

6. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I see us winning the next two games as well.

7. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

I wish the 49ers the best and I hope you guys win out.

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I gotta' feel bad for 49ers fans. You've had quite the fall from grace, especially after having five Championships in your history. We're just the lowly expansion Texans, so our fall was itty-bitty compared to you guys.

The national media, for what it's worth, is billing the game as the "toilet bowl". How original (NOT!).

I'm of the mind that we can win our next two games, too. I honestly hope we do, just out of pride if nothing else. :texflag:

9. GoneTexan

GoneTexan Rookie

I BELIEVE WE CAN DO IT MAN!
    Hope we win the Jags game and until then hope the Niners will show up and not make it obvious when they loose to us. :penalty:

I'm from San Diego... I think Bush would love to be with his ex-high school teamate ... plus this means he can stay in California (even though it is up north) with his family roots.

10. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

This is so sad, and I'm probably sadder still in saying this, but didn't SF have 1st pick last yr. c'mon share the love.

11. phan1

phan1 All Pro

No offense man, but I'd much rather be a Texans fan than a 49ers fan right now. At least we have an owner who really wants to win games. And to have 1st picks 2 drafts in a row is pretty sad. Not dissing you or your team, but let's just say that it doesn't look like you guys are getting anywhere anytime soon. At least you guys can get Bush. :)

12. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Welcome Niner fan! Ya wanna talk about a depressing season for a fan?? How about mine. Of course my favorite team is my TEXANS, BUT, I have been a Niner fan since I was about 10 y/o. Since I am an OLD grandmother, thats a long time!! My devotion will always stay with my home team, but I ALWAYS hope the Niners do well. I've had to double up on the antiacids this year watching both my fav teams hit skid row. Man, what a bummer!! I feel pretty certain SF will get Reggie Bush, even if the Texans get 1st pick. I'm just not convinced our brillant (scarcasm) GM would draft him.

Good luck to the Niners! I would give anything to live long enough to see a TEXAN/NINER SB. Who knows. With both teams essentially building a team, maybe that will happen some day.

13. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

I don't see us beating the Jags but we'll beat the Niners so it appears the first pick is yours to have unless ya'll actually win this week. Who knows right.....that's why we play the games.

14. dsdamaged

dsdamaged Rookie

i dont see why you guys could not beat the jags, we were two dropped interceptions from doin it. i would say you guys are better than us this year, especially when you let carr call the plays. just got done watchin our coaches press confrence, he is determined to try and win, and i would expect nothing less. the rams are vulnerable they have really nothing to play for.as far as our head to head matchup, i imagine alot of running at each other but the edge in passing going to you, maybe depends on how much better our 50 million dollar wonderboy improves over the next game i see little bits of evidence that the game is finally starting to slow down for him every week. i hope we both win next week. yea we had the first pick last year, but it was really not the best year to have it, couldnt get any trade value out of it, and as much as i have hope for alex smith, i wonder where he would have gone in this years draft? that being said i would love to get a shot at reggie bush and i hope we are in a position to get him, but if not i see more value in this years second pick than last years first. good luck next week lets both go out and win.

15. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

you guys could also benifit by trading down, maybe the Jets and address your line too :)

16. dsdamaged

dsdamaged Rookie

yea, but this is the first year in the 30 years ive been a fan that there was actually talk of blackout games due to ticket sales, christ they,re practically given them away at the grocery stores. i saw a promotion where you can get 4 tickets and 4 hot dogs for what two seats normally cost. nothing would would put butts in the seats faster than aquiring player as hyped as reggie. our line is really not as in need of drafted players as much as maybe one free agent right tackle, by the way could i interest you in a former #1 pick named kwame harris? we have two new high pick linemen in there now and i expect them to be alot better next year. after Dbrickshaw id say you can get about the same talent of linemen down the draft, but they take so long to develope.

aj hawk is interesting getting him and some picks or a talented free agent might be worth looking at. at any rate i hope neither of us are having this conversation next year, how about the jags and dallas next year fighting for the first pick .....amen?

17. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

i think you are going to beat the rams this week. you've done it already this season when the rams actually had some form of a secondary and when marc bulger was the quarterback not the harvard grad. by the way, looks like you guys got a steal in frank gore. he is looking better every game.

18. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

This thread is like a long-distance self-help group. :)

At least you guys have memories of Montana, Young, and Rice--or does that make it worse?

19. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Great memories come with patience and believing in the team you care about. The days of Montana, Young, and Rice are long gone. The NFL has changed to much, and we will never see that kind of football EVER again. JMO.

20. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I don't know SheTexan. The Manning/Harrison connection looks like a modern day verion of Montana/Rice. Those guys are nails, and certainly eventual Hall of Famers.