Nick Fairley passed a state trooper early Sunday morning at 100 mph in his Cadillac..

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Playoffs, May 27, 2012.

1. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Detroit Lions' Fairley arrested on DUI charge

Detroit Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley has been arrested in Alabama on charges of driving under the influence and attempting to elude police, his second arrest in his home state in two months.

Alabama state troopers say the 24-year-old passed a state trooper early Sunday morning at 100 mph in his Cadillac Escalade in unincorporated Mobile County. After initially refusing to stop for the trooper's emergency lights and siren, Fairley pulled over and seemed impaired. He was arrested without incident.

Fairly was also cited for reckless driving, no proof of insurance and open container.

Lions spokesman Bill Keenist says the team is aware of the reports and is gathering information. Fairley's agent did not immediately return a call seeking comment Sunday.

Fairley also was arrested April 3 in Mobile on a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge.

Fairley was a standout at Auburn University and the Lions' first-round draft pick. As a junior, he was the Lombardi award winner as the nation's top lineman and helped lead the Tigers to the 2010 national title.

2. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Wonder if it had to do with the tumor? I passed gas once at 100mph, funny couldn't hear it or smell it.

3. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Come on now folks, who hasn't passed a State Trooper (or two) going in excess of 100mph while drunk or stoned (or both)? I mean, can we get this damn nanny-state off our backs please?

FirstTexansFan likes this.
  4. HouSportsWriter

HouSportsWriter SIAB

Me I can not drive... But that is most likely the reason why lol..

5. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

Drinking and driving is a no no. I'm not in a position to speak about the speed issue.

6. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I don't usually go 100 mph, but when I do I'm drunk. :)

7. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

If he had been in a vehicle with a higher top speed and better high speed stability he might have gotten away. Just sayin' :kitten:

8. silentassassin

silentassassin Veteran

This guy has almost become a pain in the ass for Detroit. And I remember all the hometown fans who wanted him so badly...

9. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

He's a poor man's Albert Haynesworth.