Nice guys finish last

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TheRealJoker, Oct 6, 2008.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Reading yesterdays postgame presser its painfully obvious the team is in need of a mean streak.

Hearing Duane Brown say that Kubiak told them all he was "Proud of them" and Owen Daniels say "It wasn't funny but you almost have to laugh because of how crazy it turned out." made me sick to my stomach.

Kubiak should've been chewing some people out. Not just Sage, but the defense that has yet to stop a team from converting on 4th down including the 4th and 7 converted by Manning with a td to bring the Colts within 10 before Sage went off the reservation.

I'm tired of being the loveable losers of the NFL. A team full of "nice guys", because just like always it looks like we're gonna finish last.

One of our stars needs to step up and call this team out for what they are, a bunch of underachieving nice guys because they dont have the intestinal fortitude or the fire to win a football game. I honestly think the best thing for our team would be to have a loudmouth like T.O.

Atleast he'd keep our team honest and call them out for what they are.

AJ, Mario, DeMeco...hell even Kris Brown its time to step up and take control of your football team.

2. TexansFight

TexansFight All Pro

Agree with you in every way. I want guys on my team who have a mean streak and want to dominate. I am tired of our sissy brand of ball.

3. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

That is our identity. We are losingest, loosest losers I have ever been associated with.

We need to beat the Dolphins. We need a sense of urgency.

4. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

It's times like these when the real leaders of the team step up. It will be interesting to see what happens. Dunta has been pretty quiet lately, we need a reporter asking him some questions... :thinking:

5. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Bingo. Dunta beat that David Carr drum. He has been the only player in my opinion that has his finger on the pulse of this team. My fear is that he comes back to soon, due to help with this mess.

6. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

Very well put....we have a good team but we do need a couple more nasty players on the team. Travis Johnson tried to be the bad guy on the team and a lot of fans hated him for it. This is football and a lot of times a nasty player gets into the oppositions heads. There is not a lot of Ray Lewis types around but we need to find some nasty trash talkers on this team to get that mean streak. I wouldn't have mind a couple late hits on Manning yesterday because if you know anything about this guy he hates to be hit. Well lets go on to the next game with the Fins. these are not the same Miami team that we thought we would be seeing.

7. kcdoubleeagle

kcdoubleeagle Veteran

AGREED! But it has to start with the coaches......did he really say that he was "proud of his team"? Lord, this isn't Pop Warner!

8. Polo

Polo Guest

I coulda told you guys that a long, long time ago...

9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

I hope the team mom remembered the orange slices and Capri Suns for the boys after the game.

WWJD likes this.
  10. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I say we ditch Free Agency and institute performance based pay. Your drafted to a team. If they win, you get paid. If they lose, you get zero. Then lets see them all laugh and joke around about being surprised they lost

11. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I'm glad thats how the players look at it, I feel the exact same way.

12. Polo

Polo Guest

If Kubiak blows up on the team, or changes his demeanor that will be the quickest way to lose the team....

13. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I didn't think much of Pitts's interview on one of the late night wrap up shows. He was grinning too much. He is a good example of a player who got his big contract so all is good.

14. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

Agreed...he cannot put the blame on the entire team for this one. This game was won on almost every single measurable by the Texans except the one that mattered most. He shouldn't blow up on his team just because one man turned the ball over 3 times in less that 4:04.

15. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

There is a certain amount of arrogance in winners and this team has none of it...zilch.

16. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

We cut the guys who are arrogant

17. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

18. TheRealJoker

Aww shucks guys, that Tony Dungy guy sure is nice. I'd feel terrible if we had more points when the clock reached zero so how about we blow this 17 point lead we have here so the Colts get to enjoy the game as much as we have to this point.

Signed,

Mr. Nice Guy Gary Kubiak

19. spurstexanstros

spurstexanstros Texans Rising

Really? Nice guys finish last...think real hard about this one I mean real hard.

( Hint: I follow a bunch of winning nice guys)

20. TheRealJoker

Do the Texans finish last consistently? Are they labeled a team of "nice guys"? Does their HC tell his team that he's "proud" after blowing a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter?

Yep.