NFLDraftPro.com Mock Draft

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by drafter, Jan 15, 2007.

1. drafter

drafter Rookie

NFLDraftPro.com just updated their mock draft and they have us taking Jamaal Anderson... It sounds like a nice pick... he'd be great next to Mario Williams... what a pass rush!!!

Anderson.

2. Texian

Texian Hall of Fame

I hope so....this is good looking draft.

3. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I would be more than pleased if we got your picks Texian .

A good pass rush = better CB/S .

4. yourfavoritetexan42

yourfavoritetexan42 Veteran

ehh I feel we are ok between babin, peek, and weaver. And before all of you say babin sucked, he led our team with sacks, and he was on the field 30% of the time. Peek does a good job also, and Weaver is a good veteran at the defensive end. Along with ND Kalu and Mario Williams, I think we are find at the defensive end position.

I would much rather see us pickup alan branch, but if alan branch isn't available, (like in the mock draft) this is who I would like to take.

1. Leon Hall
    2. Laron Landry

And in the second round, I know one of these olbs will be available:
    Paul Polunski
    Patrick WillisA
    Lawrence Timmons
    Rufus Alexander
    Lamar Woodley
    Quinton Moses

It is a great draft for outside linebackers, I think the strongest we have seen in years. That is very good for the Texans.

Some other plays I would like to see the Texans take in later rounds:

Tom Zbikowski
    Ryan Harris (I think a very underrated offensive tackle)
    Anthony Arline
    Juwan Simpson
    Trevor Laws
    Rhema Mcknight
    Drew Stanton
    Drew Tate
    Reggie Nelson

5. demecoryans#1fan

demecoryans#1fan Rookie

I wouldnt mind seeing another first round d-linemen to replace our T. Johnson bust. I wouldn't mind a back either but I wasn't impressed with Laundry in LSUs win over Notre Dame.

6. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

I could live with this pick. Mario,anderson on the edges, move weaver inside and Johnson as the other dt. Rotation of maddux,kalu,babin, and cochran. Peek will be gone, i'm not sure about dalton and Thomas Johnson. This d-line will be the best we ever had and will give qb's some fits. Either draft a OLB or Safety in 2nd round, cuz we will get o-line help in FA. This draft is deep with secondary and Anderson IMO is the best DE of this draft class. SEC that says it all.:shades:

7. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

We need a pass rusher?

Babin 1rd pick
    Travis 1rd pick
    Mario 1st rd pick
    Weaver 2nd rd
    Peek start of 3rd rd

Can we afford another one?

If you want your Pass Rush to get better get another CB and get some FS/SS in here.

I am a huge Mario fan, but we really do need more push up front not on the edges, Allan Branch if you do take one, need to squart the QBs into our DEs.

If they take care of the Line and RB in FA then have all the Defense you want, BUT if Dwayne Jarrett is there, DONT PASS on him! I think this kid is going to be something special.

8. travfrancis

travfrancis Veteran

That's by far the best mock i've seen so far, very well done.

9. Texian

Texian Hall of Fame

I see your a fan of the S or CB blitz package. I don't know how else a CB or S is going to rush the passer. This is not in keeping with Kubiak's comments, we need to get a pass rush from the front four (see Kubiak pressers). Branch is not going to give a pass rush either. He will clog the middle but he doesn't rush the the QB. Branch is a proto typical 3-4 nose guard. There are 2 FA 4-3 DTs that are good at rushing the passer, Rod Coleman and Vonnie Holiday.

10. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Babin 1rd pick -productive but a marginal player. No one is afraid of Babin
    Travis 1rd pick -classic under achiever who is best served in a rotation
    Mario 1st rd pick- winner. Even with the bad wheel...he's a keeper. Got better all season on his hands play.
    Weaver 2nd rd- great player for his roll.
    Peek start of 3rd rd- pass rusher only.

Yes , can't fix the o-line ,fix the d-line. If we're keeping the Peek-Babin end because of costs, I'd prefer the DT propect next to Mario. But I could live with this pick. Come back with a LB or CB prospect @ the 39...we've got a better than fair chance for the defense to crack the top fifteen. I can wait on the stud RB- OLT in 'the 08 draft.

11. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

I don't want Branch to rush the passer. I want him to stone cold throw up a brick wall on the first two downs and put the other team in third and long situations. He will do that in spades. It fits what we already got on the roster. You can bet IF he doesn't fall to eight...that's what the other guys are thinking. Browns could use him for sure. We'll see if that scenario plays out, with all day at the eight...who got the better deal three years down the road.

12. jjcorvallis

jjcorvallis Rookie

I think that is a good pick. Anthony Weaver will be better as a defensive tackle. I know everybody's sick of picking D-lineman but I think D-line is our biggest need.(except O-line and QB)

13. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

Imagine this front 7,
    Anderson.....Weaver.....Coleman(Rod).....Williams
    Greenwood....Ryans.....Alexander(Rufus)

Now we should actually be pretty damn good upfront. Coleman or Holliday would be an instant upgrade, but i would prefer coleman. Anderson would be the #8 pick and Rufus we pick up in the 2nd round, but i would much prefer patrick willis but he would be long gone. Secondary will be addressed by FA and maybe a pick here or there, or vice versa with the OLB in FA and secondary in 2nd round.

14. johndoe

johndoe Veteran

looks great!!!!...... but then i get a sick feeling in my stomach when i see

faggins-brown-earl-robinson

15. rollinstone18

rollinstone18 let it bleed

Exactly. I'd rather see

Anderson, Weaver, T.Johnson, Williams

D.Bishop Ryans Greenwood

Robinson, B.Merriweather, Earl, Clements

16. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

Id Rather see

Anderson, Weaver, TJohnson, Williams

BSiler, Ryans, Greenwood

Samuels, Earl, K Hamlin, Robinson

17. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

we arnt getting Clements...there is no way we can offer him enough money to join our team over a winning franchise, we dont have the cap room. However, I would like us to add Michael Lewis at SS, then draft Merriweather at FS in the second and revamp half of our secondary. I think with Anderson, a healthy Mario, Weaver and a large stable of DT's and competent safties, we could improve every aspect of our defense.

18. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I'd obviously prefer Adrian Peterson to anyone else if he falls, but after looking at a lot of these guys over the last few weeks I must say as much as I'd hate to use another 1st rounder on a DLineman I think Jamaal Anderson is climbing to my #2 wishful player in this draft. While DB is a bigger need I think FS and especially CB are deep enough that we can get a good one in the 2nd round (Brandon Meriweather would be a great pick at #39, Chris Houston, Fred Bennett, maybe a couple other CBs would be a nice pick there too) and probably get a good CB in the 3rd that could compete for a starting spot next year. Anderson would be a nice addition to our line and is one of the few players that matches what I think we need most there: a big, athletic DE that can hold up pretty well against the run and still provide pass rushing pressure off the edge.

This would make me a little giddy about our defense, although I'm not sure Travis Johnson can lock down a starting spot. I wouldn't mind grabbing Brandon Mebane in the 4th round if he's available, he's a pretty solid DT that can provide pretty good pressure up the middle, I wouldn't be surprised if he beat out TJ for a starting spot.

19. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

d.robinson-b.Merriweather-m.Lewis/g.earl-r.hood
    D.Bishop-D.Ryans-M.Greenwood
    j.anderson-a.weaver-a.maddox/t.johnson-m.williams

i love it

20. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I like Anderson too, but I just dont know at taking him for our team. I have to watch some more tape on him, but it will be hard for me to justify another 1st round d-linemen. I wouldn't mind someone like Moss or Brazerbaun in the 2nd or 4th respectfully.

This is pretty much what I've been saying for a while, and I've been pimping Mebane on this MB for a while now.