NFLdraftcountdown updated mock Jan. 16...finally

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Ole Miss Texan, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

2. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

It said that the Redskins don't pick again until the fifth round!!!!!!! What the hell is going on in washington.. How can they not have any picks from rounds 2-4.. that's insane...

3. dbspi

dbspi Veteran

They traded them away. I don't think it makes much difference to Washington since their off season is all about FA acquitions any way. Snyder doesn't care about money.

4. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Can someone copy and paste it, I cant get on it for some reason. Thanks

YoungTexanFan likes this.
  5. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I was going to paste it for you hulk, but now it's not opening for me either. It was a solid mock with good long explanations for each pick.

Hulk75 likes this.
  6. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

Glad to see I am not the only one that it won't open for. (Wonder if the bad weather accross the country has something to do with it being down.)

7. Buckle

Buckle Veteran

8. HOUSTON TEXANS

8. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

The write-up on Peterson sounded more like "why the Texans shouldn't draft him."

9. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Yes, Mr. Wright. Palestine is just next door to Houston. That's if you live about 170 miles from your next door neighbor. Simliar to the Jets drafting a "hometown hero" out of Philly. BTW, I thought the Texans were supposed to be ridiculed for passing over Reggie Bush? I wish these draft experts would get their stories straight.

10. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

"Some may be surprised to see Peterson fall this far but not only is it possible but at this point it's almost likely. While nobody doubts his phenomenal talent there are some major durability concerns with Peterson, who was never even able to make it through a full college season without getting hurt and missing time. There are few things that will frustrate a team more than an injury-prone running back which is why he's still on the board here. The Texans actually already have a solid running back with durability problems in Domanick Williams (formerly Davis) but he's coming off a major injury and can't be counted on at this point and they certainly can't go into another season expecting the likes of Ron Dayne, Wali Lundy and Samkon Gado to carry the load. Some may counter that Gary Kubiak comes from the Denver system and doesn't believe in using first round picks on runners but they failed to turn the also-rans they had into studs like the Broncos consistently do and Peterson is a rare prospect. Bringing in a local hometown hero like Peterson might also alleviate some of the pain the Houston fan base feels and help eliminate some of the ill will that has been aimed at the franchise since they took a pass on Vince Young"
    They've done quite a bit of homework and therefor give some support to their
    take, though as Lucky pointed out Palestine, TX is hardly a Houston suburb.

11. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

It's working now. Scot Wright does an excellent job. Great site. At two JT is way too expensive to go get that's for sure.

12. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Scott Wright should put a :bag: over his head for this simply terrible mock. picks are based on need over bpa :dontknowa

13. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

Yeah but if you are doing a mock draft you are doing what you think will happen. Most teams draft based on need. I think it is pretty accurate. Especially the top 5.

I see JaMarcus going to the Raiders and Quinn going to the browns. For some reason I just picture it that way in my mind.

14. Ole Miss Texan

I couldn't copy and paste the whole thing..hopefully its working better now we can see it..I'll do it long hand so people don't have to go to it. I think its a pretty good mock. Also if you click on Scouting Report in the top right corner of each person/pick...it has some good things about their strengths, weakness, and notes....not all players are finished I don't think.

I bolded the players I could see the Texans drafting if 1)they fell to us 2)or we traded down a few spots. These imo are the most talked about players for us drafting in the 1st.

1.Oakland------------JAMARCUS RUSSELL
    2.Detroit -------------JOE THOMAS
    3.Cleveland-----------BRADY QUINN
    4.Tampa Bay---------CALVIN JOHNSON
    5.Arizona-------------ALAN BRANCH
    6.Washington---------GAINES ADAMS
    7.Minnessota----------JAMAAL ANDERSON
    8.HOUSTON-----------ADRIAN PETERSON
    9.Miami----------------AMOBI OKOYE
    10.Atlanta-------------LEON HALL
    11.San Francisco------TED GINN, JR.
    12.Buffalo-------------LEVI BROWN
    13.St. Louis-----------LAWRENCE TIMMONS
    14.Carolina------------LARON LANDRY
    15.Pittsburgh----------ADAM CARRIKER
    16.Green Bay----------MARSHAWN LYNCH
    17.jacksonville---------COLT BRENNAN
    18.Cincinnati-----------DEMARCUS TYLER
    19.tennessee----------DWAYNE JARRETT
    20.New York (G)-------DARRELLE REVIS
    21.Denver-------------QUENTIN MOSES
    22.Dallas---------------REGGIE NELSON
    23.Kansas City---------QUINN PITCOCK
    24.New England (SEA)--MARCUS MCCAULEY
    25.New York (J)--------DAYMEION HUGHES
    26.Philadelphia---------MICAEL GRIFFIN
    27.New Orleans--------PAUL POSLUSZNY
    28.New England--------DWAYNE BOWE
    29.Baltimore-----------JARVIS MOSS
    30.San Diego----------SIDNEY RICE
    31.Indianapolis---------PATRICK WILLIS
    32.Chicago------------JUSTIN BLALOCK

Players not in the first round here that may fall to us in the 2nd that would be interesting to pick up....comments please? (w/ Peterson as our pick...or w/o..who then )

-Brandon Meriweather FS Miami
    -Charles Johnson DE Georgia
    -Victor Abiamiri DE Notre Dame
    -Brandon Mebane DT California
    -Chris Houston CB Arkansas
    -H.B. Blades LB Pittsburgh
    -Buster Davis LB Florida St.
    -Rufus Alexander LB Oklahoma
    -Earl Everett LB Florida
    -Antonio Pittman HB Ohio St.
    -Ryan Kalil C Sothern Cal

some may be 3rd rds...some may be gone by us in 3rd...who else am i missing...I know some OL

15. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

AP in the 1st and Meriweather in the second would be a great start to the draft IMO. I wouldn't be upset if it wound up J. Anderson and Meriweather either.

16. Ole Miss Texan

I think our first 3 rounds that would make the most impact for us is:

1. Adrian Peterson
    2. Brandon Meriweather
    3. Ryan Kalil

1. Will he fall to us? maybe!..if he does..do we pass?!
    2. He may be taken late 1st...before us in the 2nd (Arizona?) or in the 3rd rd.
    3. Could be taken late first? Most likely wont last to us with our 3rd..but I'd hope so.

We would still need to look at other OL (FA and 2nd day), CB (doubt FA, some sleeper from small school?), LB (pick up a stud (2nd day), DT (FA? maybe in 4th?

Lot of positions...one of each there would be all our picks...let's start looking at 2008 draft! only kidding, we'll wait till 2007 week 3 or 4 i'm guessing!

17. Zac

Zac Rookie

Peterson is a good fit here. But there are so many needs that a plethera of those top players will be available.

18. dbspi

dbspi Veteran

On one of the thread I was reading yesterday on NFL Draft count down, Scott Wright said there is shortage of OT in this draft and all the OT will be gone by top 1/3 of the second round.

He believes, there is plenty of team who needs OT this year and some will reach to draft 3rd round value in 2nd round.

19. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

31.Indianapolis---------PATRICK WILLIS

If he fell that far I would really consider trading up for him. Ya I know we have to many needs to trade up. But still I would consider it.

20. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

i think that brady quinn will still go to the raiders..and i can see russell going to the browns..regardless, we will get a great player with that draft pick