Nfldraftcountdown.com

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Hulk75, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

2. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

If we are drafting that high then I would rather have the Tackle .. if he is indeed an elite one. And, if by some miracle Troy Smith falls to round 2 and we don't take him I will probably puke.

3. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

the only way the bucs would take jamarcus russell is if gruden is gone.

4. Blake

Blake MMQB

#1. We will not take Adrian Peterson. I would like him, but we wont take him.

#2. The Bucs taking Russell made me laugh.

#3. The CB's this year are just bleh... Not a single Pac-Man, Robinson, or Hall.

#4. Levi Brown at #20 is a great value in my book.

#5. Laron Landry @21 is a steal as well.

#6. Brohm shouldnt go in the 1st round.

Out of our first 3 picks, I want a Safety, Ouside linebacker, and Defensive Tackle.

I want a FA Corner.

5. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

6. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Sure there is....Leon Hall isn't exactly like those guys...he is not as small and as quick...but he is a great corner. Daymeion Hughes is just like those guys.

7. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

1. I agree

2. I chuckled a bit myself

3. Depending on which JR CB's declare, there could be 2-3 CB's that would be better than Daunta when drafted. Revis, Cason will be better than Daunta when he was drafted with Hall, Hughes, and McCauley as outside chances of being that good.

4. I don't think Levi Brown is a first round OT. I just see BUST written all over him.

5. Laron at 21 is about where he should go based on talent, he will probally go higher because of hype and overrating, but I feel Nelson will be the better pro.

6. Brohm should deffinitly go in the first round. He has everything you want in a QB and is a prototypical QB prospect with a big arm and good decision with a quick release who has plenty of college experience.

8. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

Please stop this madness. Troy Smith will not be a first round qb. It wont be a mircale that he does the miracle will be more if he's taken in the 2nd round.

9. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

10. bigbrewster2000

bigbrewster2000 4th Infantry

That mock has some HUGE reaches. I would not even bother with that one. Why would Jamarcus Russell go from a possible 2nd rounder to top 10. He is good but raw, I could see him somewhere in the 2nd half of the first round though but I don't know who would take him there, unless Miami continues to make another crazy run and Saban drafts him, but that also seems unlikely.

11. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I wouldn't be so sure...where is he projected? Everyone has a different opinon...once the combine and individual workouts start and he starts skyrocketing you will be changing your mind. He has everything...it is really about how he interviews with teams...I have seen an interview of him before...he seems quite mature.

12. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

We need to put Carr on a hot seat and drafting a guy like Troy Smith in the 2nd will definetly do that.

13. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

Just my thoughts: I do not mind drafting a QB but my projection is Kevin Kolb (U of H) in 4th. I understand he should be avail at our pick in that round. We need a left tackle in 1st and either a DT or corner in second. In third, we need to reverse what we picked in second. Kubes said he was ok with our safeties & I think another corner and the improvement we will see in Dline and LB will benefit the safeties next year.

14. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

I am really confused about what we should do at running back.

15. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I wouldnt use a 2nd round pick on a QB just to put Carr on the hot seat.

We have way more pressing needs than back-up QB.

16. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Horrible idea, why would you want to delay improving our defense that much more so we can put Carr on the hot seat?

17. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

25 - 2 as a starter, very raw talent coming into college, matured as a passer, comes up big in big games (unlike Brady Quinn). Sound familiar? The other guy that fits that almost to a T got taken 3rd overall this year. Please point out the madness of it if you don't mind.

18. dbspi

dbspi Veteran

Smith is great college Athletic QB but he has no future in NFL as a QB. I see him playing more as a receiver then a QB.

19. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Substitute the word Young for the word Smith, and I would say it's deja vu all over again.

20. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Sounds like Craig Krenzel to me! Anyways, not sure if youve noticed, but our pass defense is the madness. I could name several other needs other than QB right now too if necessary.