NFL wants pat downs from ankles up at all stadiums

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Heath Shuler, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler worst 2 1st

NFL wants pat downs from ankles up at all stadiums

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/09/nfl-orders-ankles-up-frisks-for-16-million-fans-enterting-stadiums-security-buffalo-bills/1?loc=interstitialskip

better get to the stadium early folks

2. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I'm going through the "Ladies" line. Much better frisked by a female than a male!!

3. TheDrifter

TheDrifter All Pro

Do you have the legs to pull off the skirt?

4. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

This is dumb. Where else do they do this? I know they don't do it at Astros games. I seriously doubt they do it at college games, though I've only been to a few. They don't pat you down at Rockets games, I just don't freaking get the NFL sometimes.

The patdowns they were doing were already a waste of everyone's time (the fans & employees) because they barely freaking touched you anyway.

And what's the purpose of the patdown? What are they looking for? A weapon? I wear an authentic Texans helmet to every game. That can't be used as a weapon? What about the guy with the helmet with horns sticking out of it? Are they going to tell us we can't wear any of that stuff any more next? In to mixed martial arts? Sorry fella, you're too dangerous to be at an NFL game.

The NFL has become a paranoid bunch of jackhole wussies.

5. The Cush

The Cush All Pro

You can blame the Jets for allowing a guy with a taser strapped to his waist to stroll right on in and use it on people

6. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

After the taser incident, you know they were going to do something

7. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Oh yeah, I know it's because of a few idiots out there that F it up for everybody, but that still doesn't explain why the NFL is the only league in this country to do patdowns at games. Just assuming they don't, that is. Do they do them at the big college 100,000 seat stadiums? That I don't know. I do know they don't do them for 81 Astros games or 41 Rockets games, or Aeros games, Cougars, Owls, TSU, Dynamo, all the high school games around and so on.

8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Leave it to a douche bag Cowboys fan to **** things up for everyone. First our tailgating and now this. :bat: If I can't get my liquor into the game with my dummy binoculars there will be hell to pay.....hell I tell ya.

9. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Have you seen the "female" friskers at Reliant Bill?

10. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Hell yes!!!! 10000% in favor!!!!!!

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

You can blame the sponsors and supporters of the Patriot act ....

You can blame the TSA ....

All these pat-downs do is infringe upon the liberty of those who arent doing wrong.

The guy who's doing wrong is still going to find a way to get around it .... bastard may keister a non-metallic shank and stab his victim(s) .... what good was that pat down ?

12. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

What did they do about tailgating?

13. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Yeah, blame the Patriot act and the TSA, not the criminals themselves.

:kitten:

No wonder this country's gone batshit...

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I think you mis-interpreted my post ....Let me clarify.

First , the Patriot Act and TSA laid the groundwork for society to think its OK to infringe upon the liberty of individuals to catch a crook. Its not OK. These laws and actions are unquestionably unconstitutional.

I dont blame the patriot act for the actions of the criminal - I just state that those things will not deter criminal activity. They only inconvenience those law abiding citizens who have to go thru the indignity of being groped during these pat downs.

If a terrorist wants to blow up a plane now , he simply keisters his explosives .... whats it matter to him , he's gonna die anyway.

He (the terrorist) opts to go thru the pat down rather than the full body scanner .... and board the plane with his explosives.

All of the rest of the passengers suffer the indignity of either form of search .... doesnt matter which and board the plane.

Mr Terrorist goes and takes a dump ... the plane explodes.

What good did it do those passengers on that plane to give up their liberty in the name of safety ? Absolutely none - they die right along with the terrorist.
    Not only do they die but they suffer the indignity of the search in the process - they got neither liberty or safety.

Pat downs from the ankes up - Hey , Im wearing hollow heeled boots and Im gonna stick my deadly lil pea shooter in the heel ....

The problem here is that we believe things like this will deter criminal activity - Simple truth is it doesnt .... why do you think we have ~150k people serving time in Texas prisons.

We have to find alternative ways to stop crime while not infringing upon the rights and liberty of law abiding citizens.

drunkcookie likes this.
  15. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

If they start doing what they did at the SB we had here in 2002 we might as well forget about tailgating, or the first quarter of the football game. It took HOURS to get through security, and they were relentless. They had huge barrels by every gate and you had to ditch whatever it was they didn't want you to have. I had to ditch a simple clippie and a small comb. I realize that was right after 9-11-01, but, man, if was awful!!

The security check they do now is laughable, pointless, and a total waste of time, and patting you down from the ankles up is just dumb. I bet you anything that guy with the taser didn't have it in his boot!!

16. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

It's just like the Marines. One person will always jack things up for the majority when it comes to the possibility of someone of higher "authority" being held accountable. If it happens again the NFL and the team can say "Hey, it's not our fault, we're checking people out."

If they stand by a do nothing the next time they might get sued, and we wouldn't want that to happen would we...

:kitten:

17. drunkcookie

drunkcookie 2 drunk 2 cook

Preach! Rep!

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Thanks for the rep .....I quote Jefferson quite often. The man was brilliant.

And I did (Kinda) go with Mr.$100 Bill too ....

Not an exact quote but it gets the same point across ....

Its nice to see that some people do understand and appreciate the efforts of those who attempt to spread the message.

19. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

It' not about you and it sure isn't about caring about your safety. It's all about ass cover. What can I do to make sure I don't get sued?

Double Barrel likes this.
  20. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

Hell, I wear shorts 95% of the time. Whatever !