NFL to Reduce Playoff Tickets

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Nov 13, 2008.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Not that we have to worry about this. Due to the economy which has left most families see their assets down by 25-40 %, the NFL will be recommending the lowering already grossly inflated playoff tickets by 10 %. Ain't that peachy? I wonder if the scalpers who carry a large percentage of tickets for the playoffs (courtesy of lucrative team arrangements), and who nevery play by the rules will demonstrate "such charitable gesture"................Naaaaaaah.

[FROM THIS MORNING'S CHRONICLE]

2. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

This is a good thing..yet your post seems sarcastic? I dont know, im confused..

3. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

If my post seems sarcastic.................it's because it is. Don't kid yourself, the NFL is feeling the economic down turn and is not offering this as a charitable gesture. For those that know how the ticket business works, with this pittance of a discount, they will still not be deprived of a hefty profit on tickets sold..........especially with their prearranged deals with scalpers for a major portion of the remaining non-nosebleed section tickets. Between the spoken-for corporate and prearranged scalper distributions, there are very few tickets to offer at this discount to the average fan.

4. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

Okay I get it now, I agree but at least in the end it is less money we pay.